KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Herschel Walker signs with Strikeforce MMA

47 years old. Is this a rational idea or promotional stunt?

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Barreled in.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

He says he hasn't been in a fight since he was a kid when he used to get his ass kicked on a regular basis.

This guy has a pretty crazy life story so far. He has only banged two woman in his life (ex wife and current gf) had/has multiple personalities, has never lifted weights but does 3000 sit-ups and 1500 push-ups a day. Says he has never beat off. Started a highly successful poultry biz. Loves God.

I would like to see his fight just to see how he reacts to getting smashed in the face. He has absolutely no wrestling background. I say he will go down with one punch though he is fighting a 'brawler' 20yrs his junior.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    He says he hasn't been in a fight since he was a kid when he used to get his ass kicked on a regular basis.

This guy has a pretty crazy life story so far. He has only banged two woman in his life (ex wife and current gf) had/has multiple personalities, has never lifted weights but does 3000 sit-ups and 1500 push-ups a day. Says he has never beat off. Started a highly successful poultry biz. Loves God.

I would like to see his fight just to see how he reacts to getting smashed in the face. He has absolutely no wrestling background. I say he will go down with one punch though he is fighting a 'brawler' 20yrs his junior.

he's gonna destroy that guy...Walker's a beast!!!

Give him Fedor!!!

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

depends which personality shows up to fight that night

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It doesn't surprise me.He is retarded you know?I think a woman English teacher won a lawsuit when she wasn't getting any of the football players in her class about the time Walker was at Georgia.

My 1st cousin is a woman gyno doctor and lived a couple doors down from him in Eden Prairie,Minnesota when he was with the Vikes.Walker came home from practice and tried gassing himself by sitting in his car in his closed attached to the house garage.My cousin had to be called to help and I guess Walker was yelling at all the paramedics to leave him alone and to get the hell out of there.The next day the Vikes had the spin doctors in full force and the media said that he fell asleep in his car after a hard practice.

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I'm sure Strikeforce is going find some loser to fight him, who doesn't pose a threat.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

In his day Herschel was probably one of the most freakishly gifted athletes in the world. The only running back who scouts said could have played in the NFL straight out of high school.

He's 47 now and has 16 different personalities. But that could be a good thing. In fighting, you should never count out crazy. Crazy is always dangerous.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Just remember this one top of advice boys...

Crazy is Dangerous. Write that down.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

he should stick to zaxbys commercials

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

He seemed like a normal guy on the Celebrity Apprentice.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Who is he fighting?

kjh
    kjh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14969

He's fighting Greg Nagy. Record of 1-1.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

When is this fight? This coming up weekend?

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

I think its just a promo stunt, but i will still place my cash on HW.. This fight should be very entertaining..

odusmykal

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    When is this fight? This coming up weekend?
    Saturday

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by odusmykal View Post
    I think its just a promo stunt, but i will still place my cash on HW.. This fight should be very entertaining..
    It's hard to believe strikeforce would put him in there with anybody who has a chance to beat him. They want to protect their investment.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Completely irrational...he's broke..and needs a gig..

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post

The guy is probably the best college football player of all time and if he would have gone to the NFL immediately after college (he went to Canada to play), he would have set many records. If he had stayed for his senior season of college, he would have a rushing and TD record nobody would ever come close to touching. He played before they counted bowl stats too, and he had like 200 yards rushing against Notre Dame (in the sugar bowl) as a freshman (after breaking his foot early in the game) to win GA the national championship his freshman year.

When he was in the NFL, despite being 225 pounds, he was the fastest man in the NFL. He had world class track speed, around 4.2 in the 40. Beat Darrell Green in races.

That being said, he is 47 years old. If he was 37 I would say yes, he is a freak enough athlete that this is something he could do. He says he is very serious about it. That being said I think he is barreled in as well.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    The guy is probably the best college football player of all time and if he would have gone to the NFL immediately after college (he went to Canada to play),
    You being a fan should know that he NEVER played in Canada. He played in the USFL for the New Jersey Generals.

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

why no nfl?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    In his day Herschel was probably one of the most freakishly gifted athletes in the world. The only running back who scouts said could have played in the NFL straight out of high school. He's 47 now
    Fishhead could outrun Walker

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

This won't end well for him...

odusmykal

Quote Originally Posted by Busterflywheel View Post
    Completely irrational...he's broke..and needs a gig..
    Negative.. He still has plenty of money.. In fact, all the money he gets for this fight, he is giving to charity.. He's not fighting for money at all, but because he wants to give it a shot.. Maybe to prove something to himself.. Not really sure why he decided this, but it was not because he is broke..

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Have you guys seen him working out? Heard he's insane and working 20 year olds under the table...

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Kimbo Slice of Strikeforce, except they're not going to make nearly as much money off of him.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    The Kimbo Slice of Strikeforce, except they're not going to make nearly as much money off of him.
    Maybe. But I want to see him fight before i make up my mind about him.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

He should just do the push up and sit ups that he is legendary for on PPV. I would pay to see if he could or has really done that many.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by KingJIM View Post
    47 years old. Is this a rational idea or promotional stunt?
    Promotional stunt. He's a "name", I guess. He should be able to sell some tix.

I am intrigued. Apparently, he's been doing martial arts from a young age. Maybe...

But, yeah, my money will be on the other guy.

odusmykal

Walker has a 5th degree blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do.. Plus is still in excellant shape.. How well can he take a punch is the million dollar question.. But Nagy is no super power puncher either.. I'll probally put a few bucks on Herschel.. Just gotta see the odds before i can determine how much though..

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

not sure how much truth there is to it but I heard he was donating the money from the fight to charity

odds are way too high odu, -350 and the last guy that entered a mma match hyping his tae kwon do was jose canseco a few months ago in a fight that lasted less than 2 min, been training with some elite fighters though so I still expect him to win

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Canseco was on TV, his testosterone is shot. He was shown going to the doctor for his regular testosterone test and he had almost none. Steroids ruined him.

Plus comparing Walker to Canseco is like comparing Mohammed Ali to Tommy Morrison. Maybe worse. Walker has never done any drugs of any kind and never drank, smoked, nothing. He has been a workout addict almost his entire life.

Seer do you read every post I make and look for mistakes? So he played for the USFL and not in Canada, the point was that he didn't go to the NFL. When he left Georgia and didn't go to NFL I lost interest. Plus I was 5 years old when he left GA.

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

old guy

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

wouldn't call the comparison a stretch at all, we have no reason to believe hershal can fight any better than jose, you can only speculate on how a person will deal with taking his first real mma punch, tae kwon do is completely useless in mma

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by odusmykal View Post

Negative.. He still has plenty of money.. In fact, all the money he gets for this fight, he is giving to charity.. He's not fighting for money at all, but because he wants to give it a shot.. Maybe to prove something to himself.. Not really sure why he decided this, but it was not because he is broke..
    This is documented? Not hear say? If so I still cant believe he's gonna do this at 50...

12 Last