MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

UFC 170ers

Nevermind, I suck dicks, ignore all my threads.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

GSP is the welterweight champion.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    What's welterweight? This is for 170ers only pal.

TheCrow
    TheCrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Georges St Pierre is my idol but i've said for a long time that jake ellenberger's type of style is best suited to win vs gsp. As koscheck had stated a while ago, a wrestler who can keep the fight standing with knockout power has the best chance against him. Even though gsp is my idol, i still would like for him to challenge himself, so johnny hendricks is ok with me. The only problem i see with hendricks is that his ground game is just not good enough to compete in my opinion. I'm not very impressed when it comes to hendricks vs other wrestlers like koscheck, mike pierce, and rick story. Nevertheless it's a very intriguing matchup. All gsp has to do is make sure to tire out hendricks as much as possible in the beginning of the fight so that hendricks won't have as much cardio. The power of hendricks will be diminished. Does hendricks have knockout power in his right hand? i'm not so sure about that either but i have a feeling that gsp might never face johny hendricks. I have a feeling that gsp takes the fight with anderson silva and then retire afterwards. jake ellenberger had mentioned this in an interview this past weekend and it makes sense. gsp vs anderson can be the biggest ppv fight in ufc history and that will also open up the door for rory macdonald to pursue the welterweight championship. Remember how gsp mentioned he has a special plan regarding the fact that basically he won't ever fight rory macdonald? i can't wait to see how rory macdonald does and was so looking forward to the carlos condit fight with him.

If gsp beats anderson silva, then i might think there's a possibility he won't retire but who knows. at around +180 odds, no question i would take that bet on gsp to win but nick diaz was the last cash cow in the welterweight division left. What would the ppv buys be for ellenberger and hendricks? There's also the possibility that gsp wins against anderson silva and then moves up to the middleweight division permanently.

robbie lawler shocked me vs koscheck. i would really like to see him against a top 5 opponent because even a win over tarec saffedeine will not impress me. i do question the cardio of jake ellenberger but i know that he is dangerous. The only other guy i'm on the lookout for is tyron woodley. i was hoping that jake shields big name would overflow his betting stock in the form of him being a good favorite in anyway shape or form but woodley opened up as a -170 favorite and now he's right around -200. Probably not betting on this fight but i want to see if woodley fights stupid like how ed herman did vs shields. Jake shields has one of the worst standup in the welterweight division, woodley might not be as technical right now but he has got to keep the fight standing.

penetrate, martin kampmann is also very interesting. he should have won that fight vs diego but he fought stupid vs jake shields and should have kept it standing. He's been knocked out a few times but he is still a great fighter, just not good enough to beat gsp.

Everyone else in the division i am not impressed. Gunnar nelson is outgunned at 170, he needs to drop down. Erick silva can climb up to the top but it's still too early. bj penn is the worst piece of shit i have ever seen. i don't respect him at all. he is lazy and should be at 155 or even 145. He's always saying dumb shit in interviews including "james toney is god's gift to mma" before ufc 118 happened. I think this division can become more interesting if rory macdonald gets the green light to start getting fights that will lead up directly to the title shot.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lol

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Leave that level of insight to gunshard.