TheCrow
    TheCrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

UFC 145ers

i want to see chad mendes fight for the title again or top 5 or top 10 opponents. So directly after losing to aldo you put him up against 2 scrubs? What the fukk is that? chan sung jung vs ricardo lamas i can understand that. But frankie edgar vs charles oliveira? i don't need that! clay guida and dennis siver are not worthy, don't give a shitt about these guys but cub swanson, dustin poirier, and erik koch i give the benefit of a doubt. I want to see all the tough opponents ranked in the top 10 fight each other except for nik lentz, siver, and clay guida. win or lose between aldo and pettis, don't treat the loser and give them a tomato can like chad mendes was given. Tired of seeing that bullshit being done.

As for the up and comers, i'm still interested in jimy hettes, rony jason, darren elkins, and diego brandao. These 4 fighters need to fight top 10 opponents.

leonard garcia, denis siver, clay guida, jeremy stephens, nam phan, cody mckenzie, hatsu hioki, and justin lawrence to me are all bullshit!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Please don't make a thread with you rambling about each weight division.

I'd like to think I speak for everyone on earth when I say, no one cares.

TheCrow

obviously i won't be seeing you in my threads then. those to quarters i gave you were for you to call a few people who do care, have you done that already yet or not?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Sherdog this shit, please.

Or saloon it, whatever works for you.

#vaughanyformod

TheCrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Sherdog this shit, please.

Or saloon it, whatever works for you.

#vaughanyformod
    sorry but i don't know what you really mean about sherdog. i signed up to sherdog in 2008 but i have not made a single post there. I've gone to their forums about 5 times since then but find the layout of the site a little difficult to deal with.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

You do realize Meza and Elkins were late replacements right?

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Oliveira is kind of young, still learning from every fight and very potential.

Now, I understand I'm not the most productive and insightful poster here but do tell, what is the point in these threads? It's you basically listing your opinions on weight classes. Not only that, but you do it in a very bad composition, and downright contradicting yourself (when you talk about Mendes and Elkins).

I don't know, broseph. Seems like a waste of time writing a lot of stuff that offers little to nothing to others and isn't very helpful in betting? Not trying to be mean either, just my opinion.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

This thread and all the crow's retarded threads need a shit thread image from saco...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I wanted to bet big on Frankie Edgar in this fight... but the more I study it, the more I see value in Oliveira... Oliveira's weakness is heavy hitters, which Frankie is not... and if anybody can sub Frankie, it's probably Oliveira... Oliveira by Sub prop at like +1000 would be a great bet.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Anybody got any good recipes?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah see what you are saying, Edgar isnt a heavy hitter like Swanson but.......

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Anybody got any good recipes?
    lol

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

But he can knock out a gassed out fighter? Most 145ers would KO a gassed out Gray Maynard. Those punches he was landing weren't heavy shots, they were just shots.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I wanted to bet big on Frankie Edgar in this fight... but the more I study it, the more I see value in Oliveira... Oliveira's weakness is heavy hitters, which Frankie is not... and if anybody can sub Frankie, it's probably Oliveira... Oliveira by Sub prop at like +1000 would be a great bet.
    LOL.

Let's not kid ourselves; MMA fans are fickle and forgetful people, but this betting line takes the cake. There's no way Edgar should be below -2000 in this fight. No way. He arguably beat Bendo the first time, clearly beat Bendo the second time and arguably almost beat Aldo, but he opens at -280 against Charles Oliveira. We're talking about the guy who crushed the current lightweight champ and gave the featherweight champ all he can handle, and he's fighting a guy who has never so much as sniffed the top ten because he gets beaten by almost every good fighter he faces. Frankie -900 would have value, Frankie -400 is a joke. I'm surprised anyone here disagrees with me, and more surprised no one has said the same before me.

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Agreed, Cerrone made Aloe Vera wilt, I have no doubt Edgar can too pounded that opener!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

But he can knock out a gassed out fighter? Most 145ers would KO a gassed out Gray Maynard. Those punches he was landing weren't heavy shots, they were just shots.
    Gray Maynard beat himself in that fight. Failing to finish in the first round, not learning from the mistakes of the first fight... He deserved to lose. Dude doesn't have the mentality of a Champion. He should have been ready to finish Edgar in case he hurt him again like in the first fight... same exact thing happened and he didn't capitalize... his training failed him... and his cardio sucked... most important fight of his life, and he didn't get properly prepared... but that's probably because he felt he won the first fight and would easily win the second one. didn't think it would be a hard fight. I think Guida beat him, too. I wish money keeps coming in on him so I can get Grant at +250. +200 or better, I'll take it.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieUD View Post
    Agreed, Cerrone made Aloe Vera wilt, I have no doubt Edgar can too pounded that opener!
    Cerrone has power that made even Dennis Siver wilt... Frankie probably couldn't even get Eric Wisely to wilt... Won't be surprised, as Frankie by TKO is how I originally thought this fight would go... now I think most likely outcome is Frankie by Decision but see most value in Oliveira by Sub. I really believe he can sub Frankie if he gets a good hold of him. This could be a REAL UPSET. It's a match-up made for Frankie to win...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

you could argue this. One could also argue that Edgar had been absolutely battered earlier in tht fight yet still had the ability to finish. It wasnt like Frankie was completely fresh

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    LOL.

Let's not kid ourselves; MMA fans are fickle and forgetful people, but this betting line takes the cake. There's no way Edgar should be below -2000 in this fight. No way. He arguably beat Bendo the first time, clearly beat Bendo the second time and arguably almost beat Aldo, but he opens at -280 against Charles Oliveira. We're talking about the guy who crushed the current lightweight champ and gave the featherweight champ all he can handle, and he's fighting a guy who has never so much as sniffed the top ten because he gets beaten by almost every good fighter he faces. Frankie -900 would have value, Frankie -400 is a joke. I'm surprised anyone here disagrees with me, and more surprised no one has said the same before me.
    Frankie should beat him but it's no sure thing-- his submission game is better than anyone Edgar has faced and his only weakness is being hit really hard, and Frankie does not hit that hard, so he should be fine for 3 rounds. That gives him 15 minutes to catch Frankie with a sub.

If you think Frankie -400 is a joke, max bet it and post the screencap. Put your money where your mouth is!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

you could argue this. One could also argue that Edgar had been absolutely battered earlier in tht fight yet still had the ability to finish. It wasnt like Frankie was completely fresh
    Being battered doesn't do anything to him except make blood run down his nose. If anything, it gives him more adrenaline/energy/power. He seems to fight best after he's been hurt.

MD

Frankie should beat him but it's no sure thing-- his submission game is better than anyone Edgar has faced and his only weakness is being hit really hard, and Frankie does not hit that hard, so he should be fine for 3 rounds. That gives him 15 minutes to catch Frankie with a sub.

If you think Frankie -400 is a joke, max bet it and post the screencap. Put your money where your mouth is!
    His submission game is better than Jim Miller's, who Frankie beat easily, and who also submitted Oliveira and pretty much embarrassed him on the ground. Aiight bruhv.

ArchieUD

Cerrone has power that made even Dennis Siver wilt... Frankie probably couldn't even get Eric Wisely to wilt... Won't be surprised, as Frankie by TKO is how I originally thought this fight would go... now I think most likely outcome is Frankie by Decision but see most value in Oliveira by Sub. I really believe he can sub Frankie if he gets a good hold of him. This could be a REAL UPSET. It's a match-up made for Frankie to win...
    It was not meant as a knock on Cerrone, he absolutely has power, but at the time he fought Charles he was not known for 1 punch ko's, but rather rocking and finishing with subs, no? I'm just saying I think Edgar has a really good shot at doing the same, and I don't see Aloe Vera being able to get this to the ground, so less than -300 was a good price. Respec your opinion, though, good discussion!

MD

The easiest $250 I've made since all of those Mendes maxi-bets.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

His submission game is better than Jim Miller's, who Frankie beat easily, and who also submitted Oliveira and pretty much embarrassed him on the ground. Aiight bruhv.
    You confuse wrestling with jiu jitsu, but that's cool.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

not to mention a big size advantage...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieUD View Post
    It was not meant as a knock on Cerrone, he absolutely has power, but at the time he fought Charles he was not known for 1 punch ko's, but rather rocking and finishing with subs, no? I'm just saying I think Edgar has a really good shot at doing the same, and I don't see Aloe Vera being able to get this to the ground, so less than -300 was a good price. Respec your opinion, though, good discussion!
    Cerrone didn't 1 punch KO him. He poured on massive body shots until the ref stepped in.

MD

Last I checked, they don't teach you knee bars in wrestling. Or even in jiu jitsu until you have a lot of experience.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Not saying Aloe Vera is gona sub Francisco Edgar, just saying that prop should have the greatest value.

Frankie by Decision should be a good line too since most expect a finish.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Last I checked, they don't teach you knee bars in wrestling. Or even in jiu jitsu until you have a lot of experience.
    I haven't watched the fight in ages but didn't Miller use his wrestling to outpower Aloe Vera before catching the kneebar?

Or were they scrambling and he caught him?

MD

I haven't watched the fight in ages but didn't Miller use his wrestling to outpower Aloe Vera before catching the kneebar?

Or were they scrambling and he caught him?
    My recollection is that Oliveira rolled for a leg lock, Miller defended and knee barred Oliveira.

ArchieUD

Cerrone didn't 1 punch KO him. He poured on massive body shots until the ref stepped in.
    Exactly And that's why I feel Frankie doesn't need the extreme power, but can do like Cerrone did and make Oliveira wilt under the accumulated hits. Hence why I compared them.

MD

For the record, Maynard's chin is iron and he's taken some bombs during his career without even flinching. It's not a matter of Frankie lacking power, it's a matter of technique; he's not throwing bombs, he's fighting a five-round fight. Regardless, he's the only man to stop Bocek, even after that brutal Dos Anjos fight, and he's the only man to stop Maynard. He also dropped Bendo (although Bendo's chin isn't the best).

Does GSP lack power, too?

TheCrow

still a while to go with frankie edgar's next fight but he does train with renzo gracie's team. I don't see edgar getting submitted. In fact i would say that edgar's jiu jitsu defense is great enough to go for a takedown without being scared. He can utilize the ground and pound and stay in the guard to inflict damage if he goes that route. But standing up with oliveira will be the bread and butter. He'll just pick him apart.

TheCrow

going to look into taking leonard garcia to win at -180, garcia prop to win by tko/ko if they have it come fight night, as well as the under 1 1/2 rounds at +120

both fighters are shitty but cody mckenzie is the worst fighter that i can think of right now still in the ufc. all greg jackson has to do is tell garcia to stay out of guillotines and do as many body shots as he can vs cody. mendes got him with a body shot and so did nam phan during the tuf 12 season with gsp/koscheck. This will be the 2nd featherweight fight for mckenzie and i'm banking on the weight cut weakenening him. i can easily see cody mckenzie getting tko/ko'ed again vs leonard garcia who is known for his striking. Might include garcia in all parlays too.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow View Post
    going to look into taking leonard garcia to win at -180, garcia prop to win by tko/ko if they have it come fight night, as well as the under 1 1/2 rounds at +120

both fighters are shitty but cody mckenzie is the worst fighter that i can think of right now still in the ufc. all greg jackson has to do is tell garcia to stay out of guillotines and do as many body shots as he can vs cody. mendes got him with a body shot and so did nam phan during the tuf 12 season with gsp/koscheck. This will be the 2nd featherweight fight for mckenzie and i'm banking on the weight cut weakenening him. i can easily see cody mckenzie getting tko/ko'ed again vs leonard garcia who is known for his striking. Might include garcia in all parlays too.
    Knock knock.

12 Last