sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen

probably going to one of the title loan car places with my honda civic title and putting it all on mcmann. If I lose I will lose my job also because I wont be able to get to-and-fro.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Parlay it with Jones. Jones is the definition of a lock. Wins at least 95% here, probably more.

Fragoel2
    Fragoel2's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Bisping at the current odds. And I think Magalhes has value, am I the only one?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Jones -800 is good value, I agree MD, cheal wont be 16.9 more than an average man like his first fight with silva.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Never been that impressed with Phil. I think Vinny may have a little value. I could see it just being a rangy kick fest from Phil tho. Roy and Bisping both seem like value to me. No way Kongo holds him against the fence without getting hit in the chin a few times.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

I wish Chael could win.

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Don't you like Jones ITD @ -330 better than FTW @ -800?

Grabaka
    Update your status

I think Vinny has value. I would dare to say his standup is better than Phils and thats why i see value. But honestly this is a fight that i feel i need to watch tape cos im not possitive about it.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbrain View Post
    Not for a car loan bet. But yeah, its better.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbrain View Post
    Jones is a lot more tentative than he used to be, but he should finish Sonnen. The issue is that by taking Jones ITD, you're adding uncertainty to an almost sure-thing. This is one of the most one-sided fights in championship history, but Jones winning by decision isn't unthinkable. I'm willing to accept a bit of risk, so I'll probably play Jones ITD, but for almost-free money, Jones straight is the play.

MD

Speaking of which:

$100.00 $849.88 Pending 7 Team Parlay
    Win 3/2/13 11:30pm Props Fighting 1203 Gomi/Sanchez goes 3 round distance -170* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
    Win 3/2/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1312 Not Lombard by 3 round decision -560* vs Lombard wins by 3 round decision
    Win 3/2/13 10:00pm Props Fighting 1503 Bahadurzada/Kim goes 3 round distance -215* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
    Win 3/2/13 9:30pm Props Fighting 1603 Tavares/Fukuda goes 3 round distance -245* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
    Win 3/2/13 8:30pm Props Fighting 1806 Not Tokudome inside distance -280* vs Tokudome wins inside distance
    Win 3/16/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1011 St-Pierre wins by 5 round decision -230* vs Not St-Pierre by 5 round decision
    Pending 4/27/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1009 Jones wins inside distance -380* vs Not Jones inside distance

Soooo close.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    I think Vinny has value. I would dare to say his standup is better than Phils and thats why i see value. But honestly this is a fight that i feel i need to watch tape cos im not possitive about it.
    yeah. Not sure I have the confidence to play him, like you say I need to watch some more footage and get the highlight reels up next to eachother. But still, Davis' stand-up is still pretty damn bad...he gets by because he so rangy that it's difficult for opponents to get inside - and obviously if they do get inside they are opening themselves up for the takedown. I think because of his awkward frame he'll never develop decent striking, just seems so off balance. You can see his telegraphed headkicks from a mile off and he doesnt have any combinations. Straight away that makes me like Vinny more as his main weakness is obviously his stand-up and questionable ability to absorb punishment which he isnt going to have to worry too much about in this fight (unlike against Bader). And if Davis takes him to the ground which he most probably will it's not like Vinny is going to be worried or upset about that! Davis is most-likely going to be strong enough to ride it out and avoid getting subbed but this aint Brian Cann, Boetsch, Prado, or Wallace...Vinny aint gonna just be a turtle stuck on his back for three-rounds letting Davis do what he wants with them! Has potential to be a very intriguing fight, but at same time could end up being a terrible stand-up fight

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Speaking of which:

$100.00 $849.88 Pending 7 Team Parlay
    Win 3/2/13 11:30pm Props Fighting 1203 Gomi/Sanchez goes 3 round distance -170* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
    Win 3/2/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1312 Not Lombard by 3 round decision -560* vs Lombard wins by 3 round decision
    Win 3/2/13 10:00pm Props Fighting 1503 Bahadurzada/Kim goes 3 round distance -215* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
    Win 3/2/13 9:30pm Props Fighting 1603 Tavares/Fukuda goes 3 round distance -245* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
    Win 3/2/13 8:30pm Props Fighting 1806 Not Tokudome inside distance -280* vs Tokudome wins inside distance
    Win 3/16/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1011 St-Pierre wins by 5 round decision -230* vs Not St-Pierre by 5 round decision
    Pending 4/27/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1009 Jones wins inside distance -380* vs Not Jones inside distance

Soooo close.
    should've left an open leg for sara mcmann brah

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Jones itd is the anchor for like 5-6 parlays for me. I'm thinking about taking jones by ud just in case, I have no idea what the point spread would be on jones.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah. Not sure I have the confidence to play him, like you say I need to watch some more footage and get the highlight reels up next to eachother. But still, Davis' stand-up is still pretty damn bad...he gets by because he so rangy that it's difficult for opponents to get inside - and obviously if they do get inside they are opening themselves up for the takedown. I think because of his awkward frame he'll never develop decent striking, just seems so off balance. You can see his telegraphed headkicks from a mile off and he doesnt have any combinations. Straight away that makes me like Vinny more as his main weakness is obviously his stand-up and questionable ability to absorb punishment which he isnt going to have to worry too much about in this fight (unlike against Bader). And if Davis takes him to the ground which he most probably will it's not like Vinny is going to be worried or upset about that! Davis is most-likely going to be strong enough to ride it out and avoid getting subbed but this aint Brian Cann, Boetsch, Prado, or Wallace...Vinny aint gonna just be a turtle stuck on his back for three-rounds letting Davis do what he wants with them! Has potential to be a very intriguing fight, but at same time could end up being a terrible stand-up fight
    Davis's problem isn't his frame, it's that he's afraid to get hit. He doesn't have any chin issues from what we've seen, but he's terrified of eating a punch to the face, and his striking game is intended to reflect that. He doesn't make any secrets of it from the way he fights.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Davis's problem isn't his frame, it's that he's afraid to get hit. He doesn't have any chin issues from what we've seen, but he's terrified of eating a punch to the face, and his striking game is intended to reflect that. He doesn't make any secrets of it from the way he fights.
    maybe, but you cant deny that his physique is very unusual. Only have to look at him at weighins and see his ridiculous wide lats...just looks awkward and like he doesnt really know how to use it to his advantage (his reach). BUt yeah, he clearly doesnt like getting hit

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Jones itd is the anchor for like 5-6 parlays for me. I'm thinking about taking jones by ud just in case, I have no idea what the point spread would be on jones.
    -9.5 I'd assume. I would not expect a good price on it either.

MD

maybe, but you cant deny that his physique is very unusual. Only have to look at him at weighins and see his ridiculous wide lats...just looks awkward and like he doesnt really know how to use it to his advantage (his reach). BUt yeah, he clearly doesnt like getting hit
    Bullshit. You expect me to believe that you're English and you haven't seen Action Man toys a thousand times?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

never heard of it! I just had Ken and Barbie dolls!

MD

Must have set your hog analysis back five years.

Sacrelicious

Really good chance I make a very large play on Jones here.

-700 is an excellent price.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

You are like a Ken doll... Neither of you have balls

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Really good chance I make a very large play on Jones here.

-700 is an excellent price.
    I am sure it is. It's even better than JDS vs Mir, like MD said: "Jones is the definition of a lock". Sonnen doesn't have even the punch power to do the miracle. Jones just lose this fight if he has a heart attack or something like that inside the octagon.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    lol

Beelzebubzy

lol
    I love you V the same way gabe loves nunya

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

i bet jones v sonnen over 1.5 rnds -120. now -135 at dimes

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I really don't see what Vinny has to offer against Phil

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    I really don't see what Vinny has to offer against Phil
    Play is Phil straight hedged with in round 1

MD

Phil by decision is free money.

Sacrelicious

Phil by decision is free money.
    I'm not taking the risk that he does not sub him.

Phil straight up is a large play for me.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    I'm not taking the risk that he does not sub him.

Phil straight up is a large play for me.
    That Phil Davis doesn't sub Vinny Magalhaes?

Sacrelicious

That Phil Davis doesn't sub Vinny Magalhaes?
    Correct.

Think of it like your play on Jones straight up that you described a few posts up, I do not believe Davis does not have the tools to sub Vinny.

I'll be large on Phil FTW.

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Looks like I will be paying some juice on this card!

Unibet har released Bedford (+140) vs Perez (-200), anybody think this could turn out to be a mini version of Fitch vs E.Silva?

1234 ... Last