Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Expected Johnson to be -200.
    Heard a clip from AA and he seems like he is in a way better place now than he was. Said the move to Jackson's a few fights ago has helped him out more than people will know. As chinny as he can be, I think his chin can hold up more than people expect now a days. His boxing is better than anything Rumble brings standing. His footwork is very good. Rumble is used to destroying little fighters. Even though he isn't cutting, I could picture him gassing out after a round, being a fat mess. Plus, if it happens to go to the ground, AA is much better with his Sambo than Johnson is with anything on the ground.

I don't see Johnson being better in any area besides chin. Which I guess could be the whole difference.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    That's because people are stupid enough to believe that because Arlovski has been fighting at heavyweight and Rumble had fought at welterweight, that Arlovski will have a huge size edge. He'll have a reasonably insignificant weight edge of around ten pounds and a reach disadvantage.
    No, I don't think anyone thinks that. I wouldn't doubt Rumble coming in heavier. I don't see what size has to do in this fight? AA is a boxer who uses speed and footwork.

Hmmm, seems like you are pretty confident in Rumble. We will see what happens this weekend.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

AA getting rocked during training by Travis Browne in that preview.
    Last edited by Nick Papageorgio; 03-20-13 at 02:50 PM.

Rubber Guard

Where does Rumble being a black man factor in here?

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Where does Rumble being a black man factor in here?
    Fight is in a cage... Not a swimming pool.
    Points Awarded:

NunyaBidness gave Educ8d Degener8 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lol

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

remember when Johnson was chocked out by lightweight Rich Clementi, crazy that the guy is heavyweight now.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Burkman +220

Have him capped at -125

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Burkman +220

Have him capped at -125
    I have a unit too. Waiting for a better price.

Still mad at you tho.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

am i missing something here with burkman? has he improved that much?
    everything i have seen of his past fights indicate that simpson can out box him or out wrestle him
    if anything i'd expect burkman's line to get better

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Same Burkman. Slightly less shitty cardio. Was actually quite surprised he hadn't evolved in 5 years.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

No, I don't think anyone thinks that. I wouldn't doubt Rumble coming in heavier. I don't see what size has to do in this fight? AA is a boxer who uses speed and footwork.

Hmmm, seems like you are pretty confident in Rumble. We will see what happens this weekend.
    Confident in Rumble? The f-ck? All I said is that Arlovski will have a reach disadvantage and a minor size edge.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Confident in Rumble? The f-ck? All I said is that Arlovski will have a reach disadvantage and a minor size edge.
    Dont take it to personally, my friend. Rubber Guard is a bit of a oyster, the kind of oyster who takes the warm and fuzzy out of oyster.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

And for the record, I did not type "oyster" there, rather something that is spelled quite similarly to count.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Dont take it to personally, my friend. Rubber Guard is a bit of a oyster, the kind of oyster who takes the warm and fuzzy out of oyster.
    I have had my exchanges with Rubber Guard in the past, and there are much worse posters on SBR, but it confuses me how he could derive "you're pretty confident in Rumble bro" from my statement.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesITD View Post
    Wish we could bet on Paulo Filho dropping out of his fight
    IT BEGINS

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/20/41...vid-branch-mma

Grabaka
    Update your status

Lol Nice call hobbes

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    I have a unit too. Waiting for a better price.

Still mad at you tho.
    why, my cous?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

you dissed him in his thread ese

Rubber Guard

"That's because people are stupid enough to believe that because Arlovski has been fighting at heavyweight and Rumble had fought at welterweight"

Well when you say stuff like this it tends to make me believe that the only reason the line was like it was early is because "People are Stupid". Makes it sound like you think their view is ridiculous. Makes me believe you really like the other side.

Or it is just you acting like an elitist ass again. Who knows. Hard to understand anything you post.

MD

"That's because people are stupid enough to believe that because Arlovski has been fighting at heavyweight and Rumble had fought at welterweight"

Well when you say stuff like this it tends to make me believe that the only reason the line was like it was early is because "People are Stupid". Makes it sound like you think their view is ridiculous. Makes me believe you really like the other side.

Or it is just you acting like an elitist ass again. Who knows. Hard to understand anything you post.
    You are an idiot.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

why, my cous?
    Yee got a little butthurt thought you was coming to my barrio and disrespeking me. lol
    Ok we are back to being cousins Cuz.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    you dissed him in his thread ese

LOL Oh man whats the name of this movie? I probably need to see it.

Rubber Guard

You are an idiot.
    Did you jump on Rumble when the stupid people forced the line to be so out of wack?

Rubber Guard

Yee got a little butthurt thought you was coming to my barrio and disrespeking me. lol

Friday...

MD

Did you jump on Rumble when the stupid people forced the line to be so out of wack?
    I will attempt to explain this as clearly as I can for you, as English is obviously not your first language: I think the logic of presuming that Arlovski is considerably bigger than Rumble and, thus, betting on Arlovski is stupid. As I said, people are stupid enough to believe that. That doesn't mean I don't see reasons for betting on Arlovski. It also doesn't display any sort of confidence in Rumble. Nothing I said had anything to do, whatsoever, with who I thought would win the fight or who I thought should be favoured. Please attempt to read my posts in future before you reply.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

haven't seen friday? damn lol i bet you've seen luz clarita

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113118/?ref_=sr_2

Rubber Guard

I will attempt to explain this as clearly as I can for you, as English is obviously not your first language: I think the logic of presuming that Arlovski is considerably bigger than Rumble and, thus, betting on Arlovski is stupid. As I said, people are stupid enough to believe that. That doesn't mean I don't see reasons for betting on Arlovski. It also doesn't display any sort of confidence in Rumble. Nothing I said had anything to do, whatsoever, with who I thought would win the fight or who I thought should be favoured. Please attempt to read my posts in future before you reply.
    The way you said it made me believe that you capped Rumble at say -200 like Nunya did.

MD

The way you said it made me believe that you capped Rumble at say -200 like Nunya did.
    Well, you misinterpreted my post. Anyway, as for how I actually 'cap the fight, probably close to something like that. I haven't looked into the fight enough yet. I wouldn't consider -200 to be a confident prediction though, that's still anticipating a loss a third of the time.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn't ever say I capped, or thought Rumble should be a -200 favorite. I said, I expected the line to open at -200.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

As expected, burkman's line is getting better

Rubber Guard

Well, you misinterpreted my post. Anyway, as for how I actually 'cap the fight, probably close to something like that. I haven't looked into the fight enough yet. I wouldn't consider -200 to be a confident prediction though, that's still anticipating a loss a third of the time.
    Confident in the value of the line.

MD

Confident in the value of the line.
    Why would I be more or less confident in the value of a line? That doesn't make sense. If I'm 'capping to a percentage I'm not going to have significantly more or less confidence one way or another. And it still doesn't have anything to do with the original point, which is that you thought I was really confident in Rumble because I thought the logic of betting Arlovski due to a perceived size edge is stupid.

Rubber Guard

Why would I be more or less confident in the value of a line? That doesn't make sense. If I'm 'capping to a percentage I'm not going to have significantly more or less confidence one way or another. And it still doesn't have anything to do with the original point, which is that you thought I was really confident in Rumble because I thought the logic of betting Arlovski due to a perceived size edge is stupid.
    Well people don't usually say Rumble by KO. And say the only reason AA opened at a favorite is because of perceived size advantage that he won't have. Then get to say you aren't really confident in him. I understand no one should be confident in Rumble, but it at least sounded like you undoubtedly put a bet on him or were looking too. Lets say moderate.

MD

Well people don't usually say Rumble by KO. And say the only reason AA opened at a favorite is because of perceived size advantage that he won't have. Then get to say you aren't really confident in him. I understand no one should be confident in Rumble, but it at least sounded like you undoubtedly put a bet on him or were looking too. Lets say moderate.
    I didn't say that's the only reason AA opened as a favourite. It's just the most retarded reason.

"Sounded like", of course. If you don't read my posts, I don't know why you bother replying.

First 12345 ... Last