Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Anderson has never been hurt, "fighter years" do not apply here. I do believe Weidman is the highest level of competition he has ever faced, but I do not think he will play Weidmans game and/or lose.

Guy is on another level. Silva -500. If he loses this fight I will film myself eating a shoe and upload it onto SBR.
    You know i will quote you chef. Dont say that!

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Make it a Chaplin themed one if you're going to dine on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPMjQR3Qp_U

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

5 Dimes now has Anderson -380 and Weidman +260. Keep betting Silva!

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    is silva using trt? when will he lose his speed? he is old. and father time is undefeated according to wiki
    I think a lot of this need for TRT is from recovering roid abusers. I don't think Anderson was a roider. That and yes, he has taken little damage in fights. Probably sees more damage in his training.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Anderson is about to be 38. I doubt he is as quick as he was 15 yrs ago. I didn't say anything about silva taking a lot of damage. im talking about athletes losing a step as they get old

Rubber Guard

Anderson is about to be 38. I doubt he is as quick as he was 15 yrs ago. I didn't say anything about silva taking a lot of damage. im talking about athletes losing a step as they get old
    Well state the obvious....Yes, you are correct as athletes age they lose speed. That is quite a gem of a thought.

Who knows when a guy actually hits a wall, how are we supposed to calculate that? I'm just saying he doesn't need TRT, probably because he doesn't see the ill effects of roids. Yes Anderson is about to be 38, we all know this, and he is still KOing fools like he was 25. Of course he isn't as quick as he was when he was a kid. He was 170lber back then.

I guess I don't know what you are trying to ask. You ask why he doesn't use TRT....I gave my answer. What are you trying to say? That fighters aren't as fast at 38 as they are at 23? Are you trying to go that far out on that limb?

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I read silva was using trt before. it is obvious to me that fighters slow with age but it seems like some people think silva will never lose. while he could retire the champ it is highly unlikely imo. v was sayin that Anderson will be one step too fast for Weidman. what I was tryin to say is I believe Anderson will start slowing down soon. I guess I was wondering when yall think he will slow significantly. and how to determine when an older fighter is on his way out.

Rubber Guard

I read silva was using trt before. it is obvious to me that fighters slow with age but it seems like some people think silva will never lose. while he could retire the champ it is highly unlikely imo. v was sayin that Anderson will be one step too fast for Weidman. what I was tryin to say is I believe Anderson will start slowing down soon. I guess I was wondering when yall think he will slow significantly. and how to determine when an older fighter is on his way out.
    If fighters stay around long enough fighting good competition they will all lose. But nothing I have seen from him shows that he is slowing down. He may not be as quick, but his reflexes are still there. And his hand speed is still deadly. Who knows when he will hit a wall.

Real tough to figure this out. Hendo was losing to Jake Shields and having a close fight with Franklin (he was still old) but then a couple years later into his 40s he was the first to KO Fedor and gave Shogun the worst beating he has seen. I truly think Anderson is better with age, his TDD is better I believe, he is stronger, he hasn't lost his chin. Yes, he will start to fade at some point....who knows that point could be this fight. I think V is basing his 1 step ahead statement off of Anderson's last 2 fights, where he is still tough to deal with.

Interesting on the TRT. I have never seen anything about Anderson using TRT. Wanderlei Silva maybe. Not sure about Anderson.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

is silva using trt? when will he lose his speed? he is old. and father time is undefeated according to wiki
    Nah only the guys who fight him do.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Rubber lol. Your love for Silva is so cute. I bet u have a big fathead of Andy in ur bedroom. I do agree with a lot of what you said in this thread tho. Bout time i heard another guys say Munoz sucks besides me. Christ he got knocked out by the Matt Hamil for goodness sakes. I like to see Weidman get a few more fights under his belt before he took this match. These guys who are tying to impress people with Weidmans record against most stiffs are comical.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Rubber lol. Your love for Silva is so cute. I bet u have a big fathead of Andy in ur bedroom. I do agree with a lot of what you said in this thread tho. Bout time i heard another guys say Munoz sucks besides me. Christ he got knocked out by the Matt Hamil for goodness sakes. I like to see Weidman get a few more fights under his belt before he took this match. These guys who are tying to impress people with Weidmans record against most stiffs are comical.
    He isn't even my favorite fighter. I just realize he is the best around. I just get agitated when people come up with scenarios why him, GSP, and Bones are in danger of losing fights. Has to happen at some point, but every fight there is a legion of gamblers, fans, and whatnot who are trying to be the smart one and foreseeing a loss by a great.

I'm a big Nick Diaz fan, but I realize he has little to no shot if GSP fights his own fight. I remember some people took Condit vs GSP....then after, they prided themselves off Condit's 1 head kick. Where didn't he lose basically every round maybe besides that one. Basically people are trying to predict something fluky to happen.

I think Weidman is real good and maybe will be Silva's toughest test yet besides Sonnen. But the guy has 9 fights. Sonnen brought a pressure on Silva that no one usually uses. Sonnen's first fight I believe was a fluke. How many fights have we seen a guy take down and keep a guy down for 4.5 straight rounds? Sonnen could fight Anderson 20 more times and not be able to do what he did that night. Weidman has skills, but hard for me to get too giddy over wrecking a fat, off injury, short, one-dimensional Munoz. Fighters tend to shit their pants when they look across the cage at Silva. Silva probably has better TDD than Munoz as sad as that sounds.

Rubber Guard

I also think Anderson's BJJ and overall wrestling/judo/base is underrated all the time.

He probably isn't going to go out and sub Weidman. But he has sub'd a quality grappler like Lutter. He is 1 of 3 men to sub Henderson...other 2 being the Nogs. And Hendo has fought virtually everyone.

He was taken down by Lutter coming off major knee surgery 5 weeks before the fight. He was taken down by Sonnen who is a great wrestler, who had crazy testosterone levels. I'm not going to cry injury in that one, as there is no real proof, but I said even during that fight that Anderson looked off and very slow. His 2nd fight with an unroided Sonnen seems to at least strengthen this argument. But ANderson is very strong in clinch situations. He may not be the strongest wrestler, but he is very technical with his clinch/judo.

It stands out because it is probably his weakest area. But that doesn't mean he just isn't good in that department. His BJJ gets questioned, yet as a striker he has sub'd Lutter and Hendo. And pulled a triangle off dead tired in the 5th round of getting punched in the face all night. Weidman has sub'd Tom Lawler and Jesse Bongfeld. And people want to crown his ass like he is a submission machine. Yes, he didn't get sub'd by the great Andre Galvao with only 1 year BJJ experience. Feather in his cap. But in BJJ the better grappler doesn't always find a sub. And the fact that Weidman is a elite level wrestler and probably has been wrestling since age 7 has to mean something. Pure wrestlers have placed in that tourney. Not to mention Galvao is what? 5'10 175 at most? While Weidman walks around at 6'2 220? I mean people need to get real and stop hanging onto the little fact that he went to a dec. vs. Galvao.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    He isn't even my favorite fighter. I just realize he is the best around. I just get agitated when people come up with scenarios why him, GSP, and Bones are in danger of losing fights. Has to happen at some point, but every fight there is a legion of gamblers, fans, and whatnot who are trying to be the smart one and foreseeing a loss by a great.

I'm a big Nick Diaz fan, but I realize he has little to no shot if GSP fights his own fight. I remember some people took Condit vs GSP....then after, they prided themselves off Condit's 1 head kick. Where didn't he lose basically every round maybe besides that one. Basically people are trying to predict something fluky to happen.

I think Weidman is real good and maybe will be Silva's toughest test yet besides Sonnen. But the guy has 9 fights. Sonnen brought a pressure on Silva that no one usually uses. Sonnen's first fight I believe was a fluke. How many fights have we seen a guy take down and keep a guy down for 4.5 straight rounds? Sonnen could fight Anderson 20 more times and not be able to do what he did that night. Weidman has skills, but hard for me to get too giddy over wrecking a fat, off injury, short, one-dimensional Munoz. Fighters tend to shit their pants when they look across the cage at Silva. Silva probably has better TDD than Munoz as sad as that sounds.
    I dropped over a dime on GSP over Condit. I'm not trying to be different and pick Weidman just to say "oh look at me I picked Chris." I'm picking him because I think his skill level matches up well with Anderson and Anderson can find himself in serious trouble with this fight. You're out of your mind if you think Chris will shit his pants in this fight. The kid has competed at a high level his entire life and will be confident as hell. He's going to go out there, look to take Anderson down, and trust me when I say this, HE WILL TAKE ANDERSON DOWN! From there, Anderson will be in trouble the entire time he's under Weidman. For the people who think, and I'm not saying you're one of them, that Anderson will just run through Weidman, well those people are just ignorant and not even worth conversing with.

Throw around this Anderson amazing TDD all you want, but its all bullshit. His weakness is TDD and he's fighting the best wrestler in the MW division. A confident kid, who has amazing wrestling, who's a prodigy when it comes to submission grappling, and a kid who has grown leaps and bounds in the standup department. A kid who has been training under Longo/Serra not that long and a kid who dropped a top tier MW (no matter what you think of Munoz he was ranked in the top 3 at MW) with a counter standing elbow.

Good luck to you if you place a wager on Anderson but you're extremely ignorant if you think it will be easy.

rocky16

He subbed Lutter due to strikes. Elbows. He's not subbing Weidman. Not in a million years.

rocky16

I also think Anderson's BJJ and overall wrestling/judo/base is underrated all the time.

He probably isn't going to go out and sub Weidman. But he has sub'd a quality grappler like Lutter. He is 1 of 3 men to sub Henderson...other 2 being the Nogs. And Hendo has fought virtually everyone.

He was taken down by Lutter coming off major knee surgery 5 weeks before the fight. He was taken down by Sonnen who is a great wrestler, who had crazy testosterone levels. I'm not going to cry injury in that one, as there is no real proof, but I said even during that fight that Anderson looked off and very slow. His 2nd fight with an unroided Sonnen seems to at least strengthen this argument. But ANderson is very strong in clinch situations. He may not be the strongest wrestler, but he is very technical with his clinch/judo.

It stands out because it is probably his weakest area. But that doesn't mean he just isn't good in that department. His BJJ gets questioned, yet as a striker he has sub'd Lutter and Hendo. And pulled a triangle off dead tired in the 5th round of getting punched in the face all night. Weidman has sub'd Tom Lawler and Jesse Bongfeld. And people want to crown his ass like he is a submission machine. Yes, he didn't get sub'd by the great Andre Galvao with only 1 year BJJ experience. Feather in his cap. But in BJJ the better grappler doesn't always find a sub. And the fact that Weidman is a elite level wrestler and probably has been wrestling since age 7 has to mean something. Pure wrestlers have placed in that tourney. Not to mention Galvao is what? 5'10 175 at most? While Weidman walks around at 6'2 220? I mean people need to get real and stop hanging onto the little fact that he went to a dec. vs. Galvao.
    Weidman had a year of BJJ training under his belt when he competed with Galvao at ADCC. Thus the reason for the praise.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Maybe you use Wiki fight records when breaking down a fight, I don't. I actually watch the fights and try to educate myself on one fighters skillset vs another. You're a clown if you think anyone siding with Weidman is using his record to back said prediction. As far as I'm concerned fighter record means shit in this fight. Anderson is getting dropped on his ass and its up to him to get back to his feet.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    I dropped over a dime on GSP over Condit. I'm not trying to be different and pick Weidman just to say "oh look at me I picked Chris." I'm picking him because I think his skill level matches up well with Anderson and Anderson can find himself in serious trouble with this fight. You're out of your mind if you think Chris will shit his pants in this fight. The kid has competed at a high level his entire life and will be confident as hell. He's going to go out there, look to take Anderson down, and trust me when I say this, HE WILL TAKE ANDERSON DOWN! From there, Anderson will be in trouble the entire time he's under Weidman. For the people who think, and I'm not saying you're one of them, that Anderson will just run through Weidman, well those people are just ignorant and not even worth conversing with.

Throw around this Anderson amazing TDD all you want, but its all bullshit. His weakness is TDD and he's fighting the best wrestler in the MW division. A confident kid, who has amazing wrestling, who's a prodigy when it comes to submission grappling, and a kid who has grown leaps and bounds in the standup department. A kid who has been training under Longo/Serra not that long and a kid who dropped a top tier MW (no matter what you think of Munoz he was ranked in the top 3 at MW) with a counter standing elbow.

Good luck to you if you place a wager on Anderson but you're extremely ignorant if you think it will be easy.
    You don't even read my posts and I'm not even directly talking to you. I said I probably won't bet Anderson. Actually I won't. Not every fight needs a side to take. Especially since it won't be -215. I didn't say his TDD was amazing. You can sit here and look on paper to make up how the fight will go. Little kids could cap like that as well.

yea...Munoz is surely a top tier. The one-dimensional wrestler who was taken down by Chris Leban, who is short and fat is really some elite stuff.

I'm just saying Weidman isn't some BJJ protege. Yes his experience in BJJ will help him where it failed Sonnen.

But the fact that he wasn't sub'd by Galvao is completely over-blown. People see that stat and think it is some amazing thing. If you take a look at it, it isn't as amazing as people make it out.

You can sit here and say what will happen all you want. We will see when they fight. Your "HE WILL TAKE ANDERSON DOWN!!!!!" does nothing for this conversation. I'm ignornant because I am expecting the best MMA fighter who wrecks his opponents at an alarming rate will do the same to Weidman? You can't read. I have said over and over and over that Weidman probably is the hardest MW out there for Anderson to fight right now. Doesn't mean he can't get KO'd.

When Anderson wins he makes it look easy. If Anderson wins it will probably be by KO in the 1st. So I am ignorant in the fact that, that is what I am predicting? Oooook USA.

Rubber Guard

Weidman had a year of BJJ training under his belt when he competed with Galvao at ADCC. Thus the reason for the praise.
    Do you even read you goofball? I already said that. Then you quote it and say it again? Are you focking retarded or what?

Rubber Guard

He subbed Lutter due to strikes. Elbows. He's not subbing Weidman. Not in a million years.
    Where did I say he would sub Weidman? I actually said he probably won't go out there and sub Weidman.

Again, reading comprehension. Get some. Are you like 12 years old or just extremely retarded?

rocky16

You don't even read my posts and I'm not even directly talking to you. I said I probably won't bet Anderson. Actually I won't. Not every fight needs a side to take. Especially since it won't be -215. I didn't say his TDD was amazing. You can sit here and look on paper to make up how the fight will go. Little kids could cap like that as well.

yea...Munoz is surely a top tier. The one-dimensional wrestler who was taken down by Chris Leban, who is short and fat is really some elite stuff.

I'm just saying Weidman isn't some BJJ protege. Yes his experience in BJJ will help him where it failed Sonnen.

But the fact that he wasn't sub'd by Galvao is completely over-blown. People see that stat and think it is some amazing thing. If you take a look at it, it isn't as amazing as people make it out.

You can sit here and say what will happen all you want. We will see when they fight. Your "HE WILL TAKE ANDERSON DOWN!!!!!" does nothing for this conversation. I'm ignornant because I am expecting the best MMA fighter who wrecks his opponents at an alarming rate will do the same to Weidman? You can't read. I have said over and over and over that Weidman probably is the hardest MW out there for Anderson to fight right now. Doesn't mean he can't get KO'd.

When Anderson wins he makes it look easy. If Anderson wins it will probably be by KO in the 1st. So I am ignorant in the fact that, that is what I am predicting? Oooook USA.
    I am drinking right now so sorry if I'm coming off like an ass, but I think you're ignorant to think Anderson KO's him in round 1, yes.

What makes the Galvao competition impressive to people isn't the fact that Chris hung in there with an elite BJJ practitioner, its the fact that he did so with so little BJJ training.

I also think its funny how people say Munoz sucks now but before the Weidman fight were clamoring for him to fight Anderson for the title. Its quite a joke.

Chris can hang in there on the feet. We're talking about a guy whom dropped Hall with a left hook in his 3rd MMA fight and a guy who dropped a top MW in Munoz with a standing counter elbow. How many times do you see that? On top of that the kid has the best wrestling in the MW division and has better overall grappling than Silva.

At some point the torch will be passed and I just have this funny feeling that day will be 7/6/13.

rocky16

Where did I say he would sub Weidman? I actually said he probably won't go out there and sub Weidman.

Again, reading comprehension. Get some. Are you like 12 years old or just extremely retarded?
    I am 35 years old and extremely inebriated. Excuse me.

rocky16

Do you even read you goofball? I already said that. Then you quote it and say it again? Are you focking retarded or what?
    i think the name calling is uncalled for. But hey, that's just me.

Rubber Guard

You do realize that pure wrestlers do well in that tourney a lot? And Chris has about 4 inches and 40lbs on him right? And is much stronger.

Damien Maia is 20x the grappler of Miranda and Grove. Yet he couldn't sub them after rolling around with them for a while. So does that mean Grove and Miranda are great BJJ fighters? Great BJJ guys don't always get the sub.

I realize he hardly had much BJJ training. But he learned how to defend certain things. It isn't like he isn't a grappler. Wrestling goes a long way in BJJ contests. It is a feather in his cap that he didn't get sub'd by Galvao. But a sub isn't automatic. Weidman is an elite wrestler and had massive size on him. That goes an awful long way. Lets not act like he was just some guy out there.

The Galvao things gets way over-blown. Congrats. He wasn't sub'd. Plenty of lesser grapplers avoid sub vs. great grapplers. Doesn't mean Weidman is some submission guru. He is a very good grappler.

rocky16

You do realize that pure wrestlers do well in that tourney a lot? And Chris has about 4 inches and 40lbs on him right? And is much stronger.

Damien Maia is 20x the grappler of Miranda and Grove. Yet he couldn't sub them after rolling around with them for a while. So does that mean Grove and Miranda are great BJJ fighters? Great BJJ guys don't always get the sub.

I realize he hardly had much BJJ training. But he learned how to defend certain things. It isn't like he isn't a grappler. Wrestling goes a long way in BJJ contests. It is a feather in his camp that he didn't get sub'd by Galvao. But a sub isn't automatic. Weidman is an elite wrestler and had massive size on him. That goes an awful long way. Lets not act like he was just some guy out there.

The Galvao things gets way over-blown. Congrats. He wasn't sub'd. Plenty of less grapplers avoid sub vs. great grapplers. Doesn't mean Weidman is some submission guru. He is a very good grappler.
    You are a goof and retarded.

rocky16

What's the score in the Duke game? I have over 8 units on Duke.

rocky16

You are a goof and retarded.
    This was a joke. I didn't mean it. I think you have some very good reasoning. I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. I' just giving my opinion on the fight. I've bet on Anderson a ton, but just won't be in this fight.

rocky16

i DO ADMIT THOUGH, I AM THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

KO for Silva imo. Give Weidman the Bisping route to the title, guy has fought no-one including Mark Munoz. Great wrestler? worst takedowns I ever seen! In the game hes impossible to beat but in real life he cant do it.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Anderson Silva should be -180. I think he wins by sub or first ever CLOSE decision. If I weren't a Silva fan, I'd probably bet big on Weidman. Still might throw a few bucks for value sake. I think Anderson takes it, though.

That said, if Weidman does win- I think he becomes the next Silva, except he stays undefeated as a champ with no losses on his MMA record. I can't see any MW beating Silva or Weidman right now- and a fight between those 2 should be pretty close. on paper, anyway.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    KO for Silva imo. Give Weidman the Bisping route to the title, guy has fought no-one including Mark Munoz. Great wrestler? worst takedowns I ever seen! In the game hes impossible to beat but in real life he cant do it.
    i was most impressed by him dominating damien maia on 2 weeks notice while completely out of shape. boring performance but still dominated and earned the W.

Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    i was most impressed by him dominating damien maia on 2 weeks notice while completely out of shape. boring performance but still dominated and earned the W.
    Maia was shite then. Maia showing his true colors now though. Look at him sub Story look at him fuk Jon Fitch. I like Wideman I just think this fight is happening because Silva wants it ala GSP/Diaz, too soon for the young guy. I think Bisping is the biggest loser in all of this guy should of had a shot by now.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Maia was shite then. Maia showing his true colors now though. Look at him sub Story look at him fuk Jon Fitch. I like Wideman I just think this fight is happening because Silva wants it ala GSP/Diaz, too soon for the young guy. I think Bisping is the biggest loser in all of this guy should of had a shot by now.
    He didn't develop new bjj lol he's the same fighter, except fighting smaller guys and being more aggressive with his grappling

Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    He didn't develop new bjj lol he's the same fighter, except fighting smaller guys and being more aggressive with his grappling
    I dont care what you say Gabe Bisping is more deserving of this shot than him even with his losses. This fight is only happening because Silva wants it. Nice easy payday before the 'real money fights'.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

I dont care what you say Gabe Bisping is more deserving of this shot than him even with his losses. This fight is only happening because Silva wants it. Nice easy payday before the 'real money fights'.
    Silva publicly stated multiple times that he didn't want this fight and had nothing to gain from it.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

lol sykes, you're a character. bisping would be a MUCH EASIER pay day for silva, weidman is gonna pose actual problems. he would finish bisping in the 1st

First 12345 Last