Betpoints: 1223

Burger king.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

LOL at the people who bet against Andy. There always is value on his opponent....until they are lying there helpless and confused, wondering why they took the fight.

How much money have people made betting against Anderson this decade?

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    the pink shirted dude you mean? yep

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Mark Munoz is not biased.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    LOL at the people who bet against Andy. There always is value on his opponent....until they are lying there helpless and confused, wondering why they took the fight.

How much money have people made betting against Anderson this decade?
    Anderson has not faced anyone with the skillset Weidman possesses. Sure guys like Lutter, Hendo, Sonnen have taken Anderson down but none of those guys are better pure grapplers than Weidman. Maia has great BJJ but doesn't have close to the wrestling skill that Weidman has.His standup is also greatly improved. I don't think he wants to sit there and trade with Anderson the entire time because that would be dumb but I think he can hang in there until he hits a takedown. Once he takes Anderson down, and he will take Anderson down, Anderson isn't throwing up a triangle and he's not getting back to his feet. Watch and learn who the present and future of the MW division is. Its Chris Weidman.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Anderson has not faced anyone with the skillset Weidman possesses. Sure guys like Lutter, Hendo, Sonnen have taken Anderson down but none of those guys are better pure grapplers than Weidman. Maia has great BJJ but doesn't have close to the wrestling skill that Weidman has.His standup is also greatly improved. I don't think he wants to sit there and trade with Anderson the entire time because that would be dumb but I think he can hang in there until he hits a takedown. Once he takes Anderson down, and he will take Anderson down, Anderson isn't throwing up a triangle and he's not getting back to his feet. Watch and learn who the present and future of the MW division is. Its Chris Weidman.
    Anderson's TDD is always underrated. It isn't just oh Weidman is the better wrestler he will get a TD. Weidman has to watch out for a KO shot. Weidman has to get in range of a moving target.

I know all about Weidman's skillset, don't act like you are schooling me. Chris Weidman has beat Tom Lawler, Sakara, won a crappy striking contest with Maia, and beat a vastly overrated Munoz coming off a major injury with a weird haircut. Big deal. He has very solid wrestling, is a big MW, and is experienced in BJJ. He probably poses a tougher threat than anyone else most likely. That is why he was the smallest Dog Anderson has fought when the odds opened. He isn't +400 like everyone else.

Sure I'll watch and learn who the future is. It isn't the guy with 9 fights. He isn't ready to beat Anderson. What will you say when he gets beat down? Nothing. You act like Weidman is unstoppable, the dude has 9 fights and has beaten no one. Anderson isn't getting back up. Anderson is getting taken down. Weidman throws awesome elbows and will out strike ANderson.

Yea, I've heard it all before. Just how Sonnen was going to beat Anderson the 2nd time. Then Ut Oh! Anderson stuffed 2 or 3 of his TDs in a row. Post a bet ticket and show us how much you are willing to lose on some goof with paper skills to beat Anderson.

Weidman and all the fans that pissed their pants over beating Mark Munoz can get a wake up call.
    Last edited by Rubber Guard; 03-09-13 at 12:00 PM.

Rubber Guard

I'm ready to hear all the Weidman has what it takes to beat Anderson talk for the next several months.

WHen Anderson leaves Weidman laying there no one will say anything. People....again....will be like "Anderson is penetrating incredible "He just pulls shit out of his ass" Then you will laugh at yourself for wasting your time betting against him. But no one will call these people out....because Anderson the favorite....and in hindsight...he was supposed to win.

I'm just sick of goofs saying Anderson, GSP, and Bones have a good chance of losing these fights. Every fight you have a group of people who for some ungodly reason bet against these guys when there are many more bets on the board to look at. Everyone likes to think they find the next big thing or value.

Oh GSP is rust Condit will win. He's worth a shot.
    Oh, Machida has the style to beat Bones!
    Oh, Sonnen will do exactly what he did in the first fight and won't get subb'd....HES BEEN WORKING WITH VINNY YOU KNOW!

Rubber Guard

Mark Munoz is not biased.
    Biased? What because he trained at Nogs for a limited amount of time?

You would think he would be more bias towards the American wrestler. You would think he would want to at least say Weidman will give him a tougher time than anyone has, since he just got jacked up by Weidman....

If anything you would think Munoz would be trying to believe Weidman has a real good chance. He is basically saying "I suck, a striker like Anderson will have a better time defending TDs than I did, Anderson is crazy, Anderson will win"

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Weidman is a beast. He is good no matter where this fight is. Silva has been taken down significantly more than 0 times during his career. Silva was unable to finish Maia and Leites. Why was Silva unable to get the finish in these particular fights? Do these fights have any significance when looking at the Weidman fight?

This fight can go many ways. Wiedman is the first mixed martial artist Silva has ever faced. He is by far the most well rounded fighter Silva has ever faced. He's got range and the BJJ to stay alive if he gets in trouble.

Not really sure how someone can not see any danger for Silva in this fight.

rocky16

Biased? What because he trained at Nogs for a limited amount of time?

You would think he would be more bias towards the American wrestler. You would think he would want to at least say Weidman will give him a tougher time than anyone has, since he just got jacked up by Weidman....

If anything you would think Munoz would be trying to believe Weidman has a real good chance. He is basically saying "I suck, a striker like Anderson will have a better time defending TDs than I did, Anderson is crazy, Anderson will win"
    Yes, he's biased. Former training partners with Anderson. Not that difficult to figure out.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Weidman is a beast. He is good no matter where this fight is. Silva has been taken down significantly more than 0 times during his career. Silva was unable to finish Maia and Leites. Why was Silva unable to get the finish in these particular fights? Do these fights have any significance when looking at the Weidman fight?

This fight can go many ways. Wiedman is the first mixed martial artist Silva has ever faced. He is by far the most well rounded fighter Silva has ever faced. He's got range and the BJJ to stay alive if he gets in trouble.

Not really sure how someone can not see any danger for Silva in this fight.
    What significance do those fights have? Leites fell to his back any time Anderson made a face. The Maia fight was just weird and Anderson had no intention of finishing him even though he easily could. What do those fights have anything to do with this?

I'm not saying he isn't dangerous. I said he is probably the toughest matchup for him at 185 out of anyone there.

But I love how people say "oh well Sonnen got him down, Weidman will too plus he has BJJ" that is fairly easy to spot. Anyone could tell us that. Weidman is also being vastly overrated standing. Perhaps I take close to nothing away from the Munoz fight and some people think it is the world. Munoz sucks. It is a lot harder to take a guy down that has huge danger of KOing you. A guy who knows what distance is and is the best in teh world at using it correctly.

People will come up with 1000 reasons why they think Weidman will win from now till July. Everyone who came up with these will probably feel stupid after this fight. On paper, yes, Weidman will take Anderson down over and over and over and has BJJ to control him with. These fights aren't fought on paper. And I have seen close to nothing from Weidman that says he is ready for Anderson. He will have been out a year with injury and has 9 fights to his name. Good luck with that one.

rocky16

Anderson's TDD is always underrated. It isn't just oh Weidman is the better wrestler he will get a TD. Weidman has to watch out for a KO shot. Weidman has to get in range of a moving target.

I know all about Weidman's skillset, don't act like you are schooling me. Chris Weidman has beat Tom Lawler, Sakara, won a crappy striking contest with Maia, and beat a vastly overrated Munoz coming off a major injury with a weird haircut. Big deal. He has very solid wrestling, is a big MW, and is experienced in BJJ. He probably poses a tougher threat than anyone else most likely. That is why he was the smallest Dog Anderson has fought when the odds opened. He isn't +400 like everyone else.

Sure I'll watch and learn who the future is. It isn't the guy with 9 fights. He isn't ready to beat Anderson. What will you say when he gets beat down? Nothing. You act like Weidman is unstoppable, the dude has 9 fights and has beaten no one. Anderson isn't getting back up. Anderson is getting taken down. Weidman throws awesome elbows and will out strike ANderson.

Yea, I've heard it all before. Just how Sonnen was going to beat Anderson the 2nd time. Then Ut Oh! Anderson stuffed 2 or 3 of his TDs in a row. Post a bet ticket and show us how much you are willing to lose on some goof with paper skills to beat Anderson.

Weidman and all the fans that pissed their pants over beating Mark Munoz can get a wake up call.
    Beat a veteran UFC fighter in Sakarra on 3 weeks notice. 1st fight in the UFC. Demolished Lawler, beat Maia on 10 days notice, destroyed Munoz and made him look like a 4th grader. Injury or not, Weidman would destroy Munoz 100 times out of 100.

Solid wrestling? Haha, ok. Guy beats Phil Davis in college in he's "solid."

You can't compare Chris to Chael. Chris has better wrestling, and better BJJ by a landslide.

rocky16

I'm ready to hear all the Weidman has what it takes to beat Anderson talk for the next several months.

WHen Anderson leaves Weidman laying there no one will say anything. People....again....will be like "Anderson is penetrating incredible "He just pulls shit out of his ass" Then you will laugh at yourself for wasting your time betting against him. But no one will call these people out....because Anderson the favorite....and in hindsight...he was supposed to win.

I'm just sick of goofs saying Anderson, GSP, and Bones have a good chance of losing these fights. Every fight you have a group of people who for some ungodly reason bet against these guys when there are many more bets on the board to look at. Everyone likes to think they find the next big thing or value.

Oh GSP is rust Condit will win. He's worth a shot.
    Oh, Machida has the style to beat Bones!
    Oh, Sonnen will do exactly what he did in the first fight and won't get subb'd....HES BEEN WORKING WITH VINNY YOU KNOW!
    You seem angry.

Rubber Guard

Yes, he's biased. Former training partners with Anderson. Not that difficult to figure out.
    LOL. Whatever you need to believe to make you feel better.

Don't worry you can play the "smart" card for a few months here. You can give us all this insight on hos Weidman is a wrestler with BJJ experience. And how that is a death with for the best fighter in the world. It will be loads of fun for a while.

Rubber Guard

You seem angry.
    I am pal. You ever seen Over The Top? Yea...well my cap just flipped backwards.

rocky16

I bet on Anderson vs Hendo, Sandman Irvin, FG, Cote, Maia, Leites, Sonnen, Okami, Bonnar. I'm betting on Weidman though.

rocky16

I am pal. You ever seen Over The Top? Yea...well my cap just flipped backwards.
    One of Sly's worst movies.

Rubber Guard

You can't compare Chris to Chael. Chris has better wrestling, and better BJJ by a landslide.
    And Anderson let Chael get a TD in their first fight. Winging himself right into it. Then he proceeded to stuff 2 or 3 and not need his BJJ to kick Chael's ass.

Lemme guess...you bet Chael that fight?

rocky16

And Anderson let Chael get a TD in their first fight. Winging himself right into it. Then he proceeded to stuff 2 or 3 and not need his BJJ to kick Chael's ass.

Lemme guess...you bet Chael that fight?
    See above.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

This is possibly the squarest thread ever to appear in the mma forum, and that's saying something.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    This is possibly the squarest thread ever to appear in the mma forum, and that's saying something.
    How so?

Rubber Guard

Its all good, I'm just flipping out to humor myself.

I don't see any good reasons to bet against Anderson, GSP, or Bones though. There are far better things to bet on in MMA in my opinion. Yea...1 of them will lose once out of a collective 40-0 streak they have going. I just don't think it is wise to try and pick that loss. At least you have made enough money on Anderson over the years that you can afford to throw some back.

rocky16

I don't see any good reasons to bet against Anderson, GSP, or Bones though. There are far better things to bet on in MMA in my opinion. Yea...1 of them will lose once out of a collective 40-0 streak they have going. I just don't think it is wise to try and pick that loss. At least you have made enough money on Anderson over the years that you can afford to throw some back.
    I bet on the Avs over Hawks last night. Only hockey bet I've made all season. Tail me pal.

rocky16

I bet on the Avs over Hawks last night. Only hockey bet I've made all season. Tail me pal.
    Grade Result

Ticket Number:229964374Accepted Date:3/8/2013 - ESTGraded Date:3/8/2013Wager Type:Money LineWager Status:WinRisk:$71.39 (USD) To Win Amount:$87.10 (USD) Description: Hockey - NHL - Chicago Blackhawks vs. Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Avalanche

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm not exactly salivating over betting against Anderson either, but surely everyone can see this is a much more dangerous matchup than the ones you mentioned with GSP/Condit and Bones/Machida.

Besides, arguably Machida did take a round from Bones.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Surprisingly, two judges gave that round to Jones. Judges suck.

Weidman is two time D-1 all-American and wrestled Galvao to a near stand-still at ADCC. He is one hell of a grappler, the biggest question right now is how much affect will the layoff have.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    I don't see any argument, whatsoever, for Bones winning that round. It was a very clear Machida round. Machida is simply too small to compete with Jones, though, and that's always going to be a huge factor should he continue to fight at 205.

My problem with betting on Anderson is always going to be this: I hate betting on a fighter whose only realistic route to victory is catching his opponent, even if it's a likely occurrence. Weidman can hold Anderson down for five rounds or submit him, while Anderson has to stuff takedowns long enough to find a knockout in order to win the fight. I can't back a play under those circumstances and at those odds, and at big dog odds, Weidman is the easy bet.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yeah I thought Machida definitely won rd1, but you never know with the focking coin flipping people that judge fights for a living. Machida-Shogun I is a good example of that, oh boy did that fight cost a lot of money.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    My problem with betting on Anderson is always going to be this: I hate betting on a fighter whose only realistic route to victory is catching his opponent, even if it's a likely occurrence. Weidman can hold Anderson down for five rounds or submit him, while Anderson has to stuff takedowns long enough to find a knockout in order to win the fight. I can't back a play under those circumstances and at those odds, and at big dog odds, Weidman is the easy bet.
    This is where I don't agree with everyone. Yes, on paper he is supposed to. But paper skills don't always translate. Munoz looked like crap and he isn't the most skilled MMA wrestler...his MMA wrestling has looked like crap actually. I can't bet on a guy with paper skills, and very little real evidence. He has taken down a bunch of bums with no wrestling, overrated wrestling, or in all cases no threat on the feet.

I understand Weidman's grappling credentials....just because he stayed out of subs vs. Galveo does that mean he can sub Anderson. Anderson has only been sub'd by crap long ago. Weidman has a hell of a front choke and decently long arms. Sure he can sub anyone...but to put that as a legit method of winning seems off. He had Munoz in deep a couple times and did not complete it.

I'm not saying I will be on Anderson. And value is value, if you cap it then I guess take it. But sometimes other factors have to come into play...at least for me they do. Weidman has 9 fights, is coming off injury, layoff, and a hurricane. I love Serra/Longo and one of the reasons I want to be a fan of his, but that camp isn't exactly world class in terms of training partners. I'm sure he brings in people or goes other places though. If Weidman was the regular +400 I wouldn't be saying this exactly. But he isn't....his better chance is already factored into the odds. At some point I just feel you have to question yourself laying money on a fighter with 9 fights vs. the best MMA has seen. Anderson may not have a Div 1 NCAA pedigree, but he has formulated a lot of tools that help him avoid TDs or keep/control distance. If it was as easy to say 1 guy got wrestled by a wrestler....other guy is a good wrestler...= grapple fock....then everyone would be making money.

The last few TDs attempted against Silva by a top wrestler....were stuffed.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anderson should be at least -500, can not believe people are betting Wiedman here.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

As much as Weidman makes my 3 incher hard I dont think he'll be quick enough to take out Anderson. He's still quite flat-footed and stiff, Anderson will be that one step too fast

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

is silva using trt? when will he lose his speed? he is old. and father time is undefeated according to wiki

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Anderson doesnt age! Joe Rogan said so

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anderson has never been hurt, "fighter years" do not apply here. I do believe Weidman is the highest level of competition he has ever faced, but I do not think he will play Weidmans game and/or lose.

Guy is on another level. Silva -500. If he loses this fight I will film myself eating a shoe and upload it onto SBR.

First 12345 Last