Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

UFC 157 salaries

from yahoo sports article says what the fighters made only off UFC and not counting what each fighter got from PPV

The California Athletic Commission announced the reported salaries from UFC 157 over the weekend. While Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche dominated headlines with the first female bout in UFC history, it was Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson who made the biggest sums of reported money after squaring off in 157's co-main event. Here are the reported salaries of the top five fights from the card (via MMA Weekly):
    Ronda Rousey: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus) def. Liz Carmouche: $12,000
    Lyoto Machida: $200,000 (no win bonus) def. Dan Henderson: $250,000
    Urijah Faber: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus) def. Ivan Menjivar: $17,000
    Court McGee: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Josh Neer: $16,000
    Robbie Lawler: $105,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Josh Koscheck: $78,000
    It may stand out to the casual fan that Rousey and Carmouche made much less money on paper than Henderson and Machida. But there are a few things to consider as the money disclosed here is only what promoters are required to report by law.
    It does not include money the fighters make of pay-per-view sales. Quite often, fighters at the top of the card will make a percentage of the pay-per-view profits. Early reports have UFC 157 with 400-500,000 pay-per-views, so it could mean a good payday for the headliners.
    The UFC also is known to give out "locker room bonuses," or extra money because of a good performance that they are not required to report to the athletic commissions.
    During the run-up to UFC 157, Carmouche talked about how she didn't have much furniture in her home and drove a rundown car. UFC president Dana White promised after the fights that her furniture-less days are over.
    "She going to have a kitchen table, and a couch, and whatever else the [expletive] she wants," White said.
    Also, Henderson and Machida are UFC veterans whose payouts are decided by their contracts well in advance of their fights. Rousey and Carmouche were the main event because the UFC standard is to put the championship fight as the main event. Henderson and Machida taking home more listed money is akin to Mike Trout making $480,000 and Vernon Wells making $21 million for the Los Angeles Angels. Trout finished second in American League MVP voting but makes much less because he's a rookie and not a veteran like Wells.
    To use another example, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick made much less money than backup Alex Smith. Kaepernick will eventually get paid as his star blossoms but it doesn't change the paycheck he took home from the Super Bowl.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

interesting read

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Lawler 95K guaranteed. That seems high to me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lawler been getting paid for a while son.

Carmouche will have got a nice big fat cheque on top of tht 12,000!

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

What a fuking joke 12k to fight in the main event of a ufc card. Should be 100k minimum dana white making more than the fighters that scumbag bald bozo fuk

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Fighters make alot of monies

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    What a fuking joke 12k to fight in the main event of a ufc card. Should be 100k minimum dana white making more than the fighters that scumbag bald bozo fuk
    Dude this shit is base salaries. You have any idea how much these headliners make off sponserships? penetrate, the year GSP was off injured he made over 10 mil. Carmouche is making huge bank right now, not in the millions, probably not in the hundred of thousands either, but damn close.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah, Carmouche will be able to buy enough dildos to keep her going until she's 80
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

Kpn
    Kpn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

^ I literally lol'd
    /slowgolfclap

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

What happened in the Lawler--Koschek fight? didnt see it, was it close, how did he win? thx

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

It's like that Espn garbage outside the lines story where they tried to make the UFC look bad.

Sacrelicious

I think the fact Cheeta didnt get a win bonus is hilarious.

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Dude this shit is base salaries. You have any idea how much these headliners make off sponserships? penetrate, the year GSP was off injured he made over 10 mil. Carmouche is making huge bank right now, not in the millions, probably not in the hundred of thousands either, but damn close.
    Plus, they have it all parlayed with GSP -470.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini, and DiggityDaggityDo

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

500K PPV buys? All the hype and sells at least 50% less than big boxing events. Joke of a sport that doesn't even pay its "stars" well.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    500K PPV buys? All the hype and sells at least 50% less than big boxing events. Joke of a sport that doesn't even pay its "stars" well.
    UFC can't sell a million unless they have a WWE wash up be the star of the show...

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Liz got paid

if she gets a quarter a sale she still clears 6 figures. Dana probably gave her a night with Ellen degeneres too

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    So you're comparing Ronda to Floyd Mayweather? I guess they're both more famous than, say, Adrein Broner. But none of this makes boxing look good.

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

Quote Originally Posted by Boxscout View Post
    So you're comparing Ronda to Floyd Mayweather? I guess they're both more famous than, say, Adrein Broner. But none of this makes boxing look good.
    This was billed as a huge UFC event. A huge boxing event trounces it in PPV buys. Even an average boxing PPV would at least match it.

Boxing will be around a lot longer than UFC. UFC has done well attracting some of the dumbass 18-30 crowd but isn't relevant worldwide like boxing is and never will be. A woman's main event? Ok buddy.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

they didnt sell 500k

lol at anyone believing that

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

This is unsustainable. How do fighters even survive on those wages.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

GEE said it 95,000 for that...lol...vs kos guranteed...wow

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    This is unsustainable. How do fighters even survive on those wages.

if they dont win... they dont... Liz would have got 57k if she would have won... but i agree with the statements above, she will probbaly get a share in the PPV, and Dana white is a blow hard, but he isnt gonna let her live on a mat and a bucket in a 1 room apartment after that.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    if they dont win... they dont... Liz would have got 57k if she would have won... but i agree with the statements above, she will probbaly get a share in the PPV, and Dana white is a blow hard, but he isnt gonna let her live on a mat and a bucket in a 1 room apartment after that.
    dana white is a piece of shit

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    What happened in the Lawler--Koschek fight? didnt see it, was it close, how did he win? thx
    I believe it was a first round TKO for Lawler.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Liz got paid

Dana probably gave her a night with Ellen degeneres too
    Oh wow LOL that made my day thx dude

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    If most of these fighters don't get paid jack, how can they be professionals and maintain a performance needed to keep this sport at a high level? UFC needs to figure out how to raise more revenues and then distribute some of that revenue to its fighters. UFC needs to fight more overseas.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    If most of these fighters don't get paid jack, how can they be professionals and maintain a performance needed to keep this sport at a high level? UFC needs to figure out how to raise more revenues and then distribute some of that revenue to its fighters. UFC needs to fight more overseas.
    zuffa llc has plenty of $$$$

dana white likes to gamble a million on blackjack a night tho,,, so f-ck these fighters meng

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

im sure muff eating liz made more than 12k...PPV + endorsements + locker room bonus

Apex Predator
    Apex Predator's Avatar Become A Pro!

What you are forgetting to mention is that ALOT of sports bars and such show the PPV's and tons of people watch it there ... why bother ordering it when you can go to your local hang out and watch it there. If these places didnt show them then it would be evident how many more UFC PPV's would be sold over boxing matches . Everytime I go to these PPV's you can barely get a seat to watch . I cant recall too many places showing boxing PPV's tho cause people arent interested .

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    What you are forgetting to mention is that ALOT of sports bars and such show the PPV's and tons of people watch it there ... why bother ordering it when you can go to your local hang out and watch it there. If these places didnt show them then it would be evident how many more UFC PPV's would be sold over boxing matches . Everytime I go to these PPV's you can barely get a seat to watch . I cant recall too many places showing boxing PPV's tho cause people arent interested .
    I used to go to strip clubs when really young to watch boxing PPV's, it would be packed and no one would be looking at the girls.

But that was when boxing was in its prime, Tyson/Holyfield.

Apex Predator
    Apex Predator's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your there K ! Those were the hay days of boxing for sure. But to say UFC hasnt taken over is just retarded . For example, look how many Tap Out and Dethrone paraphinalia is around as opposed to boxing gear . Not even close. I would NEVER wear anything Tap Out or such , LOL, but hard not to see regardless.

High3rEl3m3nt

UFC may sell more clothes, but when it comes to marquee matches, boxing still takes it. The problem with the UFC is that some of their best fighters use a style that is anti-climatic to the average fan. At least with boxing, though it also has its issues at times, guys are standing up and exchanging punches. Boxing is also able to draw a much stronger international audience, where boxing has deep cultural roots, unlike UFC (at least to the same extent). When UFC has generate the same level of revenues as a marquee boxing match, then I think we can officialy say that UFC has taken over.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

and plus boxing been around since the roaring 20's, UFC is still fairly new in the sports world

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    UFC can't sell a million unless they have a WWE wash up be the star of the show...
    Considering there are what? 12 UFC PPV compared to one or two big Boxing PPV's a year? I see MMA bumper stickers, Clothes, and other items everywhere. I don't see too much boxing related anythign at all.

12 Last