Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

women's fights were Ok up until they made out of it a main event and put guys like Henderson on the fukking back burner...time to fade this shit

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

NO SHIT WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHI

WTF CHE MILLS SHOULD NOT OF BEEN CUT EITHER

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

As I said in the thread this was brought up in yesterday, People don't want to see guys like Jon Fitch and Jacob Volkmann laying on people for 3 rounds. I appreciate a good ground gameplan as much as I do a great stand up performance, but Fitch's style wasn't to finish fights. The UFC is an entertainment business. Fitch hasn't finished anyone in almost 6 years. He has also been a thorn in the side of the UFC for quite some time. I am in no way surprised that he was cut.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    women's fights were Ok up until they made out of it a main event and put guys like Henderson on the fukking back burner...time to fade this shit
    The women's division is very very thin and if Ronda loses, I would not be surprised if the UFC abandons the whole division quietly. There is just no one to fight as most of the talented woman fighters(including Cyborg) have signed with Invicta. They have hyped Rousey up purely based on her looks(which she is average looking in my opinion) If Liz Carmouche was the Champion of Strikeforce who armbared 6 people professionally, there is no fukking way she is in the UFC as champ, let alone headlining any Pay Per View.

One year ago Dana White said women will never fight in the UFC. Yeah ok Dana, you contradicting Bastard. it's all about the $.

This fight is setting 2 historical marks by having not only the first Woman to ever Headline a Pay Per View, but also the first to have a homosexual also headlining one. Well the first openly gay one anyways.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    As I said in the thread this was brought up in yesterday, People don't want to see guys like Jon Fitch and Jacob Volkmann laying on people for 3 rounds. I appreciate a good ground gameplan as much as I do a great stand up performance, but Fitch's style wasn't to finish fights. The UFC is an entertainment business. Fitch hasn't finished anyone in almost 6 years. He has also been a thorn in the side of the UFC for quite some time. I am in no way surprised that he was cut.
    Fukking frog I like what u had to say, but u don't wanna fukk with us like thits pal...u don't wanna fukk with guys like Fitch pal... Fitch is already furious greeny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLQOYtpZsA

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The women's division is very very thin and if Ronda loses, I would not be surprised if the UFC abandons the whole division quietly. There is just no one to fight as most of the talented woman fighters(including Cyborg) have signed with Invicta. They have hyped Rousey up purely based on her looks(which she is average looking in my opinion) If Liz Carmouche was the Champion of Strikeforce who armbared 6 people professionally, there is no fukking way she is in the UFC as champ, let alone headlining any Pay Per View.

One year ago Dana White said women will never fight in the UFC. Yeah ok Dana, you contradicting Bastard. it's all about the $.

This fight is setting 2 historical marks by having not only the first Woman to ever Headline a Pay Per View, but also the first to have a homosexual also headlining one. Well the first openly gay one anyways.
    how old are u pal? just curios no homo promise

Kermit

how old are u pal? just curios no homo promise
    Old enough to remember paying $10 for the first UFC event. I was around 19 then.

Kermit

Fukking frog I like what u had to say, but u don't wanna fukk with us like thits pal...u don't wanna fukk with guys like Fitch pal... Fitch is already furious greeny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLQOYtpZsA
    I don't hate Fitch by any means, but there is more to this story of him being cut that just his recent loss to Maia.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Fitch would have TKO'ed penn and silva if there was more time on the clock.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

These cuts are hands down the worst I've ever seen...

Outside of grispi and a couple others, I can't believe they cut most these guys - they'd beat over half the current zuffa roster in their resepctive weight classes.

Fitch is obviously the worst, most underserving cut..

Dana is a tool and it sucks for real mma fans - he hypes of cans and doesn't cut guys who truly deserve to be cut or are hyped up to be way better than they are, and instead, he cuts guys who are def legit for the most part and would beat many of the dudes dana keeps around.

What a joke fellas...

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    UFC isnt really about fighting anymore, its about marketing, being a TV show, everything it use to poke at boxing for

its sad...
    I couldn't agree more... UFC is turning into WWE!

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I know he got his ass handed to him by demian maia...but DAMN!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I can't wait until mma is back!!

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    I know he got his ass handed to him by demian maia...but DAMN!
    Damian Maia shouldn't be even fighting in this weight class...he took the easy route

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Maybe now Fitch can open up his own Mattress store

Fidel_CashFlow

no one mentions che mills

he is 2-2 in the ufc I think and his loss to Rory Macdonald should not count cuz Rory is scary good.

I have never seen someone so focused in my life.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    no one mentions che mills

he is 2-2 in the ufc I think and his loss to Rory Macdonald should not count cuz Rory is scary good.

I have never seen someone so focused in my life.
    he pissed Dana off big time because he didnt take advantage of having Riddle on his back towards end of round 3.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Rebney: Bellator not going to sign Jon Fitch

“I have a lot of respect for Jon and I have a lot of respect for anyone who
    has to courage to do what these guys do and the athletic ability to do what they
    do," said Rebney. "But we are not going to be signing Jon Fitch."

“We have a stacked welterweight division right now. We have a lot of guys
    that we are developing that we anticipate are going to be world class fighters
    and break the top ten. We want to keep guys busy. We want to keep guys inside
    the cage and we have a plan in terms of the next year and who is going to be
    apart of the tournaments and it’s just not the time.”

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5566

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Thank you lord Jesus...

Now get rid of all the wrestlers and we have mma again..
    Thinking the same thing Kinger. Wrestling and grappling is part of MMA no doubt and should remain that way, otherwise we're not getting a truly evolved fight game. That being said, it's clear now that Dana White will penalize you if your fights are continually uninspiring and your end game is to merely control the mat without any effort put into submitting or knocking the opponent out.

Grapple grinders will not get the benefit of having to accrue 2 or 3 losses in a row while a guy who puts on a show will get that courtesy. Good idea. DW may not look that sharp but when it comes to his business, he makes all the right moves. Although, not sure if I like that new flyweight division.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Then why the fuk is GSP still in the UFC. His fights are more lack luster than Fitches IMO.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Without grapple grinders, my MMA selections are harder to predict.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

and people need to stop saying...he didnt finish him ect.....THE FIGHTS ARENT penetrating LONG ENOUGH!!!

if they were longer, that ground game plays a big part....I agree its mainly for points now....just like leg kicks...

PaperTrail07

Fidel__they fed Che Mills into RORY MCDONALD IN HIS FIRST FUCKKN FIGHT LOL.....then he loses a pickem and he gets the boot....guy should get another shot or atleast a walk-thru fight

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Fidel__they fed Che Mills into RORY MCDONALD IN HIS FIRST FUCKKN FIGHT LOL.....then he loses a pickem and he gets the boot....guy should get another shot or atleast a walk-thru fight
    unfortunately it's all a big fukking game fellas...cutting a guy like Fitch just proved it to us once again

PaperTrail07

unfortunately it's all a big fukking game fellas...cutting a guy like Fitch just proved it to us once again
    SMART MAN

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5566

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Then why the fuk is GSP still in the UFC. His fights are more lack luster than Fitches IMO.
    Because he wins Bigger but you already knew that. Who loves ya baby?!

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I would have kept Fitch, Etim, Gomez, Volkmann, and Sass. Volkmann makes sense though. He lost as a -400 favorite against a guy who is borderline UFC material. And in a dominant fashion, too. Gomez. Eh. I don't care but flyweight is shallow. Sass has some solid wins. He is an autofade right now though, in my opinion. Etim had a very impressive performance against a can, coming off of injury though, and then a competitive fight with Barbosa that ended in highlight-reel fashion. Forte outclassed him but circumstances would have made me keep Etim. He can be entertaining. Fitch is obvious. He's a top 10 welterweight, no question. You don't cut top 10 fighters after one loss. Did Dana forget the FOTN performance Fitch put on against Silva? Oh well.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah he said that it was only FOTN because of Silva had some half-decent wrestling defence and takes two to tango! Basically said Fitch tried to make it boring!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

FWIW I thought Sass made for an exciting fight. I could see him back after he gets some stand up. A lot of these guys will be back after beating up some regional cans. Fitch falls into a weird dilemma though. He is a name, he's a UFC vet, fought for the title, but because of that he will demand a lot of $ from Bellator or another promotion. The only problem is that he won't draw new fans. Nobody wants to see a lay and pray fight of Fitchfukking when everyone else on the card is getting KO finishes and subs. Bellator has a lot of mismatches in their fights and this leads to spectacular finishes.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope Dana White brings the yellow cards back...

I'm tired of this "grappling" shit.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I hope Dana White brings the yellow cards back...

I'm tired of this "grappling" shit.
    Estoy confudido, guey. You like "grappling" with asses. How come you no like grappling in MMA? Do you sprawl and brawl when you pump asses?

Fidel_CashFlow

rare thread in that everyone makes solid points

Papertrail .. sup Dawg

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    FWIW I thought Sass made for an exciting fight. I could see him back after he gets some stand up. A lot of these guys will be back after beating up some regional cans. Fitch falls into a weird dilemma though. He is a name, he's a UFC vet, fought for the title, but because of that he will demand a lot of $ from Bellator or another promotion. The only problem is that he won't draw new fans. Nobody wants to see a lay and pray fight of Fitchfukking when everyone else on the card is getting KO finishes and subs. Bellator has a lot of mismatches in their fights and this leads to spectacular finishes.

I thought Paul Sass was pretty good as well. 13 wins with 12 of them by submission. He is still pretty young and I expect to see him back in the UFC.

I am actually surprised that Diego Nunes just got cut. IMO that guy brought it to every fight and was pretty exciting to watch, but all of his fights in the UFC were win or lose decisions.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

we might lost this bout... but we're not forgoten

Kermit

we might lost this bout... but we're not forgoten
    LOL. Arlovski made a big mistake in that fight.

First 123 Last