Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

One punch ftw over primordial hulk

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I honestly do not believe that Gegard should be a 2-1 dog in this fight. These guys are the same age and Gegard has a ton more experience. I know this fight is in Gustafsson's backyard, but look how many hometown favorites end up losing.

gus is going to smoke gegard
    people keep talking about gegard being the uncrowned king for years... how he is young and so talented and has so much potential
    every time i watch him fight, he fails to live up to the hype. The hype is the only reason he is even a 2-1 dog.. and not 3-1
    on the feet, gegard is really like a poor man's shogun. He plods along slowly with no sense of urgency. He looks good when he's against someone that is overmatched and he can just overwhelm with powerful strikes and combinations
    he has a bit of a takedown and gnp game.. but that isnt at the level that can take down gus

gus has better boxing, distance control, and movement
    i expect this to look like gus v shogun, except being easier for gus

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I'm small on De Fries +275. I think he is absolutely the underdog here, but not a +275 dog, also a bit of a Blackzillian autofade.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I like Gus/Pickett - Did like Easton until his last fight guy just looks ordinary. I think Pearson is good but his odds are to bad.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    people keep talking about gegard being the uncrowned king for years... how he is young and so talented and has so much potential
    every time i watch him fight, he fails to live up to the hype. The hype is the only reason he is even a 2-1 dog.. and not 3-1
    on the feet, gegard is really like a poor man's shogun. He plods along slowly with no sense of urgency. He looks good when he's against someone that is overmatched and he can just overwhelm with powerful strikes and combinations
    he has a bit of a takedown and gnp game.. but that isnt at the level that can take down gus

I don't know about that. Gegard has beaten and finished quite a few well known guys when they were in their prime while Gustafsson's biggest victory is decisioning a Legend who is 5-5 in the UFC and on his last leg. I think Gus should be favored, but not as much as he is.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't know about that. Gegard has beaten and finished quite a few well known guys when they were in their prime while Gustafsson's biggest victory is decisioning a Legend who is 5-5 in the UFC and on his last leg. I think Gus should be favored, but not as much as he is.
    I agree with this entirely. I capped Gus at about -180. At the current lines, I will likely play Gegard small.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

LOL. Mittrione has surprisingly bad takedown defence for being so "athletic". The fear of mattrione getting taken down and schooled is def there. Its with disappointment i have to side with the underdog and play de fries small.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

What you have to understand about Mousasi is that he's incredibly inconsistent (which is about the only thing he has in common with Shogun, in my opinion); that's probably the biggest reason for the line being as close as it is.

When he's "on form", he's a worldbeater. He's shown true greatness in every area. Gus should win, but Mousasi is no joke, and has a lot of tangible advantages. I personally dislike betting on inconsistent fighters, but I'll probably Mousasi if the odds climb at all.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What you have to understand about Mousasi is that he's incredibly inconsistent (which is about the only thing he has in common with Shogun, in my opinion); that's probably the biggest reason for the line being as close as it is.

When he's "on form", he's a worldbeater. He's shown true greatness in every area. Gus should win, but Mousasi is no joke, and has a lot of tangible advantages. I personally dislike betting on inconsistent fighters, but I'll probably Mousasi if the odds climb at all.
    Yeah, nothing shown inconsistency like a 27 year old with a professional 28-3 record.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yeah, nothing shown inconsistency like a 27 year old with a professional 28-3 record.
    38-3****

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Arguably got robbed against Jardine as well

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

gabe sucks everyones dick from gokor

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hairlarious! Armo's stick together

Hannibal

Hope you guys are right about the line..and mousasi sees more money

I think he is so overrated and is going to get clowned here.
    Greatness in every area?? More like can smashing abilities. He is one of those guys that looks deceptively good when he is smashing turds but his true ability I am suspicious of. His bread and butter is his striking but he plods along in his movement.
    His guard is nothing amazing...he's pretty much know for two guys falling into his guard. Kang, who is an idiot, and jacare who fell face first into an up kick.
    Gegards probably best when he clinches with cans, drags them to the floor, and pounds the shit out of people that don't have the grappling abilty to be offensive or get up

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

lol i wouldn't bet on sako chivichyan or the otehr armo from tuf s11

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Greatness in every area?? More like can smashing abilities. He is one of those guys that looks deceptively good when he is smashing turds but his true ability I am suspicious of. His bread and butter is his striking but he plods along in his movement.
    His guard is nothing amazing...he's pretty much know for two guys falling into his guard. Kang, who is an idiot, and jacare who fell face first into an up kick.
    Gegards probably best when he clinches with cans, drags them to the floor, and pounds the shit out of people that don't have the grappling abilty to be offensive or get up
    move that gustafsson line to -500

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank god

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha was Magakian the other one? Cant believe that had more than 1 token Armenian in tht series! Maybe they thought they'd create some exciting scenes...like waxing each-other's butt hair off or sumin

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha was Magakian the other one? Cant believe that had more than 1 token Armenian in tht series! Maybe they thought they'd create some exciting scenes...like waxing each-other's butt hair off or sumin
    they were good for makin fun of dat phan for wankin in the shower

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

they were good for makin fun of dat phan for wankin in the shower
    lmao nam phan**

dat phan is a comedian

Sacrelicious

Hunt, Souza and Lombard are can??? Oh, okay...

No really, Gus should win this fight, but at current lines (which I will assume can only get better by fight night) small on Gegard is the play to make.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lmao nam phan**

dat phan is a comedian
    lol I thought you were just speaking like a dirty South homeboi! Dat my niqqa homie

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol I thought you were just speaking like a dirty South homeboi! Dat my niqqa homie
    Dude, its the 2000s, the PC term is "negro", for penetrate sake, get with the times man.

Hannibal

He beat souza, who was dominating the fight with his grappling until he dived into an upkick
    Lombard was not far into his career and not far removed from being armbarred by gono. Even after all these yrs later at ATT lombard still massively overrated. Just not that good.
    Hunt was always losing to guys that straight up grappled him. Even now he is no different, but been on a streak cause guys fight him at his strengths

Sacrelicious

He beat souza, who was dominating the fight with his grappling until he dived into an upkick
    Lombard was not far into his career and not far removed from being armbarred by gono. Even after all these yrs later at ATT lombard still massively overrated. Just not that good.
    Hunt was always losing to guys that straight up grappled him. Even now he is no different, but been on a streak cause guys fight him at his strengths
    I do not disagree with you, Gus SHOULD win this fight, but I see value in the current Gegard line, as stated, I capped Gus at about -180.

bjpenn85

Anyone capped Peralta vs Corossani?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Anyone capped Peralta vs Corossani?
    Peralta -225 for me

bjpenn85

Im very soon to put a wager on peralta i think. Corossani lost against ogle in my opinion. Not in hell if he wins against this cat. at -166 i should have made a bet. Im curious to see if i can get a better line than -200 were currently the odds sit at my book. What do you think V? Wil kalikas give me any better than -200?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Im very soon to put a wager on peralta i think. Corossani lost against ogle in my opinion. Not in hell if he wins against this cat. at -166 i should have made a bet. Im curious to see if i can get a better line than -200 were currently the odds sit at my book. What do you think V? Wil kalikas give me any better than -200?
    You'll be lucky bud! I believe he opened Akira as a +160 dog against Ogle! So if he thinks he should be +160 against Ogle then Im thinking it will be twice as bad against Peralta! I'd of maxi-bet tht Unibet line too if I could bet more than 5 squidz!

bjpenn85

true. Im rewatching corossani vs ogle. corossani easily bets ogle standing up for the first two rounds..having me a little bit hesitant wagering in on peralta hmm..watching round 3 now..penetrate.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Not to say that Ogle is a better fighter than Akira...but I think Corrasani's experience played a big part in tht fight. Ogle looked like he was going to burst out crying at any moment from the pressure of his first fight in UFC in front of home crowd. Akira has been around for ever so dont think he was as fazed by it all.

bjpenn85

True. I made a medium sized bet on Peralta now at -200. I think its the correct side, he has a more well rounded standup game, and hopefully he is active enough to remove any doubt in the judges eyes of whos winning. Peralta could easily finish him as well and thats why im more positive backing him at these odds.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    I'm small on De Fries +275. I think he is absolutely the underdog here, but not a +275 dog, also a bit of a Blackzillian autofade.
    the MMA market is not even close to razor sharp yet...so you can't be afraid to just take the damn "gift horse" prices when it's there...

look at Burkman +230 last night and Shamalev over +200 a few weeks ago...and both Bader and Texeira lines were strongly undervalued in Rampage's last two fights, as was Machida against Hendo

to a much larger extent than major team sports...the MMA market is casual-fan driven, so "crowd psychology" perception can take prices further "off centre" and keep them there longer, cuz there's much less big, syndicated sharp money acting as a counter-weight

as an example...even after Rampage broke the scale at weigh-in, his price didn't soften...so the bargain on Bader persisted...might have looked like a trap...but it wasn't...in an immature market like MMA, imperfections can and do exist, persist, and even intensify...that is great for us

if you are reasonably objective (aka. sharp) it's great that the MMA market is far from efficient...don't expect it to be, for quite a while yet...these are STILL the golden days of MMA betting (but, regrettably, becoming decreasingly so as all markets that grow with time, sharpen with time...but relative to major team sports...I stand by that statement)...without big organized sharp pools of cash to whittle down any shifts in value before you have a chance to even log into your book (again this is becoming decreasingly true with time...but relative to big team-sport markets...this is STILL the happy hunting ground for value)

for a major team-sport...if it looks to good to be true...it probably is...the market has lots of opportunistic sharp-money actively scavenging edges constantly...so the expression "the market has already discounted that" generally holds

but this is MMA...and VERY often the market price is surprisingly off-centre...presenting large gifts on one side

_________

So if it looks like dozens and dozens of points of value may be there on DeFries...they very well may be...cuz MMA--bless it's soul--is FAR from razor-sharp...

(and fading the Blackzillians--with the obvious exception of Rumble--is a nice additional +EV touch)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 03-24-13 at 11:17 AM.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

easy way to make money.gus not to finish -170.mousasi should be the favorite to win this one.if he geys robbed which is possible he will never get finished.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    the MMA market is not even close to razor sharp yet...so you can't be afraid to just take the damn "gift horse" prices when it's there...

look at Burkman +230 last night and Shamalev over +200 a few weeks ago...and both Bader and Texeira lines were strongly undervalued in Rampage's last two fights, as was Machida against Hendo

to a much larger extent than major team sports...the MMA market is casual-fan driven, so "crowd psychology" perception can take prices further "off centre" and keep them there longer, cuz there's much less big, syndicated sharp money acting as a counter-weight

as an example...even after Rampage broke the scale at weigh-in, his price didn't soften...so the bargain on Bader persisted...might have looked like a trap...but it wasn't...in an immature market like MMA, imperfections can and do exist, persist, and even intensify...that is great for us

if you are reasonably objective (aka. sharp) it's great that the MMA market is far from efficient...don't expect it to be, for quite a while yet...these are the golden days of MMA betting...without big organized sharp pools of cash to whittle down any shifts in value before you have a chance to even log into your book

for a major team-sport...if it looks to good to be true...it probably is...the market has lots of opportunistic sharp-money actively scavenging edges constantly...so the expression "the market has already discounted that" generally holds

but this is MMA...and VERY often the market price is surprisingly off-centre...presenting large gifts on one side

_________

So if it looks like dozens and dozens of points of value may be there on DeFries...they very well may be...cuz MMA--bless it's soul--is FAR from razor-sharp...

(and fading the Blackzillians--with the obvious exception of Rumble--is a nice additional +EV touch)
    Are you sure about that? Bader was like +135 by fight time... http://bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-...-henderson-477

And Im not sure about these being the "golden days of MMA betting" anymore, lines are a lot sharper than they were 2-4 years ago, and also fighters are a lot more well-rounded nowadays so less mis-matches, and more are well-known now due to all the media and online footage/forums. Gone are the days when you could get somebody like Mayday McDonald at -130 against Clint Godfrey!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 03-24-13 at 10:54 AM.

First 12345 ... Last