snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Tibau a dog against Dunham ?

My book has tibau as a +110 underdog to Dunham, either I'm completely misreading this fight or they have this line completely wrong. IMO tibau should be at least -180.

Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Sportsbet.com.au

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

dunham is a beast but since the sherk fight he seems to have lost something.tibau should win it.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

it's a close fight... but yea if tibau plays his game and pushes the pace, he should be able to take it.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

This fight will fall into the lap of the judges which is always nerve racking. Tibau has been involved in tons of close decisions and I don't see this being any different. Tibau will go for takedowns and Dunham will stuff enough of them and out point Tibau standing is the way I see it playing out. Not surprised by this line at all but Tibau might be able to score enough takedowns to steal a decision. I like Dunham also because he is very active off his back and has great cardio (Watch Escudero, Griffin, Sherk fights). Just my opinion good luck!

snufflyjoe

Thanks for your replies, as someone said above something has seemed "off" about Dunham which I agree with.

I don't see Dunham having a significant striking advantage and IMO will struggle defending takedowns from the much larger tibau.

Dunham could always catch a guillotine so It's not the safest play.

I think I'll rewatch a few fights before I make a play.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    Thanks for your replies, as someone said above something has seemed "off" about Dunham which I agree with.

I don't see Dunham having a significant striking advantage and IMO will struggle defending takedowns from the much larger tibau.

Dunham could always catch a guillotine so It's not the safest play.

I think I'll rewatch a few fights before I make a play.
    Don't waste time watching fights. Just check their wiki pages brah. Thats how you pick winnerz!

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    This fight will fall into the lap of the judges which is always nerve racking. Tibau has been involved in tons of close decisions and I don't see this being any different. Tibau will go for takedowns and Dunham will stuff enough of them and out point Tibau standing is the way I see it playing out. Not surprised by this line at all but Tibau might be able to score enough takedowns to steal a decision. I like Dunham also because he is very active off his back and has great cardio (Watch Escudero, Griffin, Sherk fights). Just my opinion good luck!
    Tibau's stand up fundamentals and power are better than dunham's, imo... He's got the highest td percentage in the division and has gotten down some solid grapplers. He's also a beast of a sub grappler and obviously a monster in size. Overall I'd say his one of the most underrated lws in zuffa.

He has the advantage almost anywhere in this fight I think (outside of cardio, give evan that edge). I could see him getting subbed perhaps after a big shot by dunham or a stupid mistake while in top position, but more likely he fights a mixed approach: out - boxing evan and mixing in tds here and there to impress judges. His top control is legit and I don't see dunham tying his big ass up too bad while on the ground.

Just a hard fight to see evan winning imo, unless he's improved especially in his stand up, thats the only suprise I could see.

Think there's good value at the current line you said for tibau - wish it was on my book.

I can't see the match on bestfightodds either, what other book is this line on???

snufflyjoe

i think paddy power might have the line, havent heard of any us sites with line