THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC on FX 7: Belfort Vs Bisping (Jan 19)

Date: January 19, 2013

MAIN (FX)

Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Daniel Sarafian
    Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Thiago Tavares

PRELIMINARY (FUEL TV, Facebook)

Godofredo Castro vs. Milton Vieira
    Andrew Craig vs. Ronny Markes
    Nik Lentz vs. Diego Nunes
    Edson Barboza vs. Lucas Martins
    Yuri Alcantara vs. George Roop
    Roger Hollett vs. Wagner Prado
    Francisco Trinaldo vs. C.J. Keith

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

....Vitor?? =/

Maybe.....

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Thiago Tavares for sure

Capped Vitor @ -250. Should fukk Bisping up, dude has only lost to Jon Jones and Anderson Silva in the past 6 years

Gonzaga for sure. Rothwell fukkin sucks!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

fuucck missed the Sarafian opener at +140!

Sacrelicious

On Belfort, Sarafian, Gonzalga, Tavares.

Good luck.

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    On Belfort, Sarafian, Gonzalga, Tavares.

Good luck.
    After rewatching a few fights, I'm on Bisping.

Vitor had very fast hands in 1997, and he is still a threat standing. I feel that now he has slowed down to such an extent that Bisping will be able to avoid getting clipped and outbox him. Even if Bisping loses round 1, he will seriously test Vitor's cardio and will definitely take 2 & 3.

Vitor also has a very dangerous BJJ game, as evidenced in the Jones fight. Bisping however is a very different fighter to Jones, he won't be looking for top control and can scramble like a mad man when he needs to. If Bisping can keep Sonnen off him for 3 rounds, I really don't think Vitor will be able to mount any grappling offense.

It's a cliche, but Bisping by decision or Vitor ITD. Personally after giving this some thought and looking at Vitor's recent performances I think there is significant value in Bisping. I think making Bones look human, doing damage, and lasting until the 4th has caused people to overestimate his abilities. If it weren't for the Jones fight I think Bisping would have opened at -140ish. If you look at that fight, he caught Jones, (an aggressive wrestler who looks for prolonged top control and leaves his long limbs out there) in an armbar he was unable to finish. He did nothing else all fight except flop onto his back in the hope Jones would be retarded enough to give him another arm.

I'll be throwing at least 2.5 units on The Count. Looking at my track record the last 2 events the smart play is clearly to pound Vitor.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunRua View Post
    After rewatching a few fights, I'm on Bisping.

Vitor had very fast hands in 1997, and he is still a threat standing. I feel that now he has slowed down to such an extent that Bisping will be able to avoid getting clipped and outbox him. Even if Bisping loses round 1, he will seriously test Vitor's cardio and will definitely take 2 & 3.

Vitor also has a very dangerous BJJ game, as evidenced in the Jones fight. Bisping however is a very different fighter to Jones, he won't be looking for top control and can scramble like a mad man when he needs to. If Bisping can keep Sonnen off him for 3 rounds, I really don't think Vitor will be able to mount any grappling offense.

It's a cliche, but Bisping by decision or Vitor ITD. Personally after giving this some thought and looking at Vitor's recent performances I think there is significant value in Bisping. I think making Bones look human, doing damage, and lasting until the 4th has caused people to overestimate his abilities. If it weren't for the Jones fight I think Bisping would have opened at -140ish. If you look at that fight, he caught Jones, (an aggressive wrestler who looks for prolonged top control and leaves his long limbs out there) in an armbar he was unable to finish. He did nothing else all fight except flop onto his back in the hope Jones would be retarded enough to give him another arm.

I'll be throwing at least 2.5 units on The Count. Looking at my track record the last 2 events the smart play is clearly to pound Vitor.
    Wjat about 4 & 5?!

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Wjat about 4 & 5?!
    Ha ha forgot this was the main event half way through typing. In fairness that's even better, Belfort has 1 really dangerous round in him IMO, even if he somehow takes the first 2, Bisping would definitely take the last 3.

Based on it being a 5 rounder I'll be playing Bisping straight rather than decision, he could definitely finish an exhausted Belfort.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Bisping u. decision. He's gonna survive a fresh Vitor and will dominate in the later part of the fight.

Rest:

Gonzaga u. dec.
    Tavares u. dec.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Rothwell is gonna destroy Gonzaga.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Its really a bad matchup for bisping.. Standing and on the ground. His only advantage is cardio. Bisping's been given favorable matchups until now. Vitor will catch him with a right hand.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I'm liking Bisping in this matchup but the first round will be the most dangerous. If Bisping can keep his feet moving I only see Vitor's power decreasing as the fight goes. Can't say for sure he'd get the stoppage because don't really think Bisping has that type of power. Bisping has the cardio to work for 5 rounds and nab the decision. Just hate the fact that it's in Brazil. The possibly back yard decision is at play but can't see Vitor winning more than 1 or 2 rounds max.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Its really a bad matchup for bisping.. Standing and on the ground. His only advantage is cardio. Bisping's been given favorable matchups until now. Vitor will catch him with a right hand.
    Bisping is a douchebag but favorable matchups for him? Cmon man. Henderson, Evans, Sonnen just to name a few. Cut the guy a break.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Yeah I'm liking Bisping in this matchup but the first round will be the most dangerous. If Bisping can keep his feet moving I only see Vitor's power decreasing as the fight goes. Can't say for sure he'd get the stoppage because don't really think Bisping has that type of power. Bisping has the cardio to work for 5 rounds and nab the decision. Just hate the fact that it's in Brazil. The possibly back yard decision is at play but can't see Vitor winning more than 1 or 2 rounds max.
    live betting may be the key here. Bisping gets by round one he has a great shot to win

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Bisping here. Belfort likes to get aggressive, but Bisping likes to run and do his counters. Should Belfort not get the KO in round 1 he should have no problems gassing and accepting a KO from Bisping. The KO may be phenomenal.

It is also noteworthy the Bisping will be spending some time with Seagal before this fight.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd def be on tavares at + odds, lucky you who got those openers...!

Sacrelicious

I'm going light on this card, I'm not particularly crazy about any of the bets, at least not nearly as much as I am for the strikeforce card.

That being said, Belfort, Sarafian, Gonzalga, Tavares.

Tavaras at plus money is excellent, missed the Sarafian opener, ah well.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

200 on Michael Bisping @ +105
    200 on Ben Rothwell @ +115

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post

Sacrelicious

And I'm being faded by Grabaka and Vaughny,

This doesnt bode well at all.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    excellent call.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

yeeee buddys
    I feel pretty good about these. Specially Rothwell but i would like to see the weigh ins and see him in good shape before adding more. Bisping i will not add until he survives the first 3-4 minutes of the fight (if he does).

Degenregen
    Degenregen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    live betting may be the key here. Bisping gets by round one he has a great shot to win
    This. If Vitor wins the first round, the odds on bisping may even increase

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

What am I missing which is making you guys back Rothwell? Obviously Gonzaga's chin has been fairly questionable over the years, but he's a better striker and vastly superior grappler. Ben doesn't really have any skillset, he's just a big tough guy; he has a decent punchers chance (which I'd get if he was +200 or something), but I don't see what else he has going for him? Gabe managed to take Carwin down, so in theory I don't see that he's gonna have too much trouble doing more or less whatever he feels like against Ben.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree 100%, bisping will win this fight imo if he survives the 1st. Vitor's cardio at mw is still pretty much an unkown and probably questionable, the little we have seen outside of the 1st round has not been impressive. Would def be live betting this if I had the options.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

dont really like this card to much at all

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    What am I missing which is making you guys back Rothwell? Obviously Gonzaga's chin has been fairly questionable over the years, but he's a better striker and vastly superior grappler. Ben doesn't really have any skillset, he's just a big tough guy; he has a decent punchers chance (which I'd get if he was +200 or something), but I don't see what else he has going for him? Gabe managed to take Carwin down, so in theory I don't see that he's gonna have too much trouble doing more or less whatever he feels like against Ben.
    Disagree with you there, Rothwell's always had underrated striking. In my opinion Rothwell is one of the more well-rounded heavyweights in MMA, he's just midlevel at anything that means he'll always be a perennial top 15.

There is also the aspect that Rothwell is in amazing shape for the first time. Well ever. What he looked like against Schaub compared to other fights was obscene. Might be a tiny bit biased cause Rothwells a good ole Wisconsin country boy but he's looked mean while Gonzagas looked shit.

If Gonzaga takes him down he'll probably get the sub, BUT Gonzagas fight IQ is garbage. He knocked out CC and now he thinks he's some amazing striker. I think he'll try and strike with Rothwell and regret it.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I'm with you there, Crass. I'd favour Rothwell pretty clearly in this fight, provided a good showing at the weigh ins.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Slight lean on Belfort.

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Disagree with you there, Rothwell's always had underrated striking. In my opinion Rothwell is one of the more well-rounded heavyweights in MMA, he's just midlevel at anything that means he'll always be a perennial top 15.

There is also the aspect that Rothwell is in amazing shape for the first time. Well ever. What he looked like against Schaub compared to other fights was obscene. Might be a tiny bit biased cause Rothwells a good ole Wisconsin country boy but he's looked mean while Gonzagas looked shit.

If Gonzaga takes him down he'll probably get the sub, BUT Gonzagas fight IQ is garbage. He knocked out CC and now he thinks he's some amazing striker. I think he'll try and strike with Rothwell and regret it.
    Thanks for the reply.

I see where you're coming from to an extent. Gonzaga is his own worst enemy for sure, one of those guys who's somehow worse than the sum of his parts. And Rothwell did look GREATLY improved physically in his last fight, but I didn't see that translate into his performance; up until the ko shot he was looking absolutely horrible; the usual slow and lumbering (lack of) footwork whilst getting lit-up.

Not planning on going mental on him or anything, not super-confident as I would't be incredibly surprised to see GG laid out again, but I still feel Gonzaga wins at least 2/3 times and for me is the play here. =]

JamesKim
    JamesKim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

I really think Vitor will starch Bisping. Bisping is hesitant to throw against hard hitters and reacts pretty badly when he gets hit hard. No way he survives the 1st round.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Pedro Nobre (a flyweight) replaces Roop
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-06-13 at 09:27 AM.

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Bisping DID survive the first round againt, Hendo,C.Leben,W.Silva,R.Evans...Vitor's stamina is going to be a huge factor. Let's take the Jones fight out of it and he has not seen round 2 since 2008. I am predicting Bisping wins a 4 round to 1 or maybe a 3 rounds to 2 decision.

Guys Gonzaga has not beatin a fighter with a pulse in SIX YEARS..Ill give ya that Rothwell is just a tough guy who is ok at everything.But that will be enough against GG. Rothwell is as good as hes ever been and he has the confidence to take this fight.

As far as the other fight odds that are up, i have to do more research to have an opinion. Im def. looking forward to the strikeforce odds .

Sacrelicious

Second the comment about looking forward to Strikeforce odds.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Bisping is a douchebag but favorable matchups for him? Cmon man. Henderson, Evans, Sonnen just to name a few. Cut the guy a break.
    Those were tough opponents. How'd he do? He's clearly been given a lot of favorable matchups to build him up as they try to expand into england... Those are his wins. The mayhems, dan millers, jorge riveras. He doesn't have many wins over current ufc fighters.. Just Stann (who's also given favorable matchups to build a military fanbase) and leben who is probably on his way out the door.

1234 ... Last