Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Segment from Monday's mma hour. Good watch about Eddie's side of the whole Bellator contract situation. Actually was an episode full of some awesome interviews. I'd post more than this one but not sure if that would get me in the SBR doghouse or something...#letEddieBangBro
    Last edited by Mercersux; 01-10-13 at 07:28 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

In a statement released by the UFC on Thursday, Palhares tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone and Beltran test positive for nandrolone.
    And here's the official statement (from the same article):
    "Rousimar Palhares tested positive for elevated testosterone and Joey Beltran tested positive for nandrolone, following their respective bouts at UFC on FX 6 in Australia. The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. Both athletes have agreed to serve a nine-month suspension retroactive to December 14. They must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again."

Fragoel2
    Fragoel2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Palhares? Really?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha yeah very surprising isnt it!

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Dana White says 84% of UFC Fighters would test Positive for Marijuana.

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2012/12/29/...xid=nRel_blogs

LAS VEGAS — Dana White hates the idea of a fighter stepping into the octagon under the influence of performance enhancing drugs. “You go in and you face another fighter,” says the UFC president, “you can hurt him.”
    So why doesn’t the fight promotion hire a private company that could administer more rigorous random testing than what’s possible within the budget constraints of state athletic commissions? One reason might be that White has concerns over a correlated effect of expanded testing, especially if done at times other than during fight week.
    “Everybody thinks that if you did the random testing you’d catch so many guys on PEDs,” White told a group of reporters following Thursday’s UFC 155 pre-fight press conference. “You’d catch more guys on marijuana.”
    Well, OK, so Nick Diaz would perpetually be under suspension, or at least double-secret probation. And any fighter who’s ever hung out in Diaz’s living room in Stockton, Calif., might have to worry about the lingering effects of a contact high. But that’s about it, right?
    Not according to White. “So, 475 guys under contract,” he said, “and 400 will be out with marijuana.”
    Four hundred? As in, 84 percent of the UFC’s roster?
    Now, I realize that some fighters live in Colorado and Washington, states where pot is now legal. I know the light heavyweight champion walked out to a reggae classic prior to his last fight. Nonetheless, White’s estimate seems astoundingly high, so to speak, especially considering how vigilant many athletes in this sport are about every last thing they allow into their bodies. There are lots of vegetarians and vegans in the UFC, and many of those who do eat meat will consume only organic. I suppose that doesn’t rule out pot, but still … 400 out of 475? That’d be like all of the major leagues except the AL Central being stoners.
    Speaking of which, White’s claim came while he was being questioned about UFC drug policy as it relates to those in other professional sports. And his comment on that topic was not surprising. Calling the recent years’ PED focus on players from the past misplaced, White said, “Go after the guys who are playing now. Those are the ones you want to bust.”
    And even when the names of Manny Ramirez and Ryan Braun were brought up, as active players who were suspended for positive steroid tests, White would not concede that Major League Baseball or any other mainstream sport is doing a better job than the UFC of keeping things clean. “If you think baseball and football are really knocking it out of the park, pun intended, you’re crazy,” he said. “If they were really testing all the guys in baseball, do you think there’d be a [expletive] baseball game every day? There wouldn’t be, man. They’d be pulling guys up from the minors every day. It’d be

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...pion-Melendez/

After negotiating a new eight-fight extension, Benson Henderson appears
    poised to accept his next marching orders in the form of a highly anticipated
    champion vs. champion matchup.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, the UFC has its sights
    set on April 20's UFC on FOX 7 event to pair UFC lightweight titleholder
    Henderson against Strikeforce's last reigning divisional champion, Gilbert
    Melendez.

The event is likely to take place in Melendez's backyard, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, where he competed eight times while on the Strikeforce roster. That promotion went out of business after last Saturday night's event.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...pion-Melendez/

After negotiating a new eight-fight extension, Benson Henderson appears
    poised to accept his next marching orders in the form of a highly anticipated
    champion vs. champion matchup.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, the UFC has its sights
    set on April 20's UFC on FOX 7 event to pair UFC lightweight titleholder
    Henderson against Strikeforce's last reigning divisional champion, Gilbert
    Melendez.

The event is likely to take place in Melendez's backyard, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, where he competed eight times while on the Strikeforce roster. That promotion went out of business after last Saturday night's event.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    The event is likely to take place in Melendez's backyard, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, where he competed eight times while on the Strikeforce rooster.
    Edited for sexiness.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

JDS Lists Excuses For Defeat Ranging From Kidney Health To Personal Problems | UFC NEWS

5448 733

Reddit0 0

Really was my head. I had some personal things going on, a bit of my attention was lacking because of it. And another thing. Soon after the fight I went to the hospital and had a scan, which showed my creatine was too high. The normal level is up to 300, mine was in 1400. I also had trouble in the urine and kidneys.
    JC: Did doctors say why this health problem occured?
    JDS: The explanation of the doctors is that I pushed over the line, I over trained, and problems could have happened even before the fight… I was so good that I ended up crossing the line. That was the explanation of doctors. Mine is that I was not good with my head, was having personal problems and did not go well mentally in the fight.
    JC: Evaluating all this, what will you do differently going forward?
    JDS: Going forward I will be more careful, it will take my body to the limit all the time. I need to know how my body is reacting to what I am doing. We need to be a bit more professional about it. I will do tests during preparation. This fight also taught me that we have to be stronger with the head, think things strategy and better monitor the tactical part.
    JC: If you can choose, would prefer fight Cain again immediately or have another fight first?
    JDS: Actually, I want Cain. I won the first, he did a good job in the second. I think the third fight has to happen. He is the champion and I want to fight him. I know there are people in the queue, Bigfoot and Overeem are. If I have to meet someone before that rematch with Velasquez, I’ll cope. But what I really want is Cain now.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Benson -205 Melendez +155

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    JDS Lists Excuses For Defeat Ranging From Kidney Health To Personal Problems | UFC NEWS

5448 733

Reddit0 0

Really was my head. I had some personal things going on, a bit of my attention was lacking because of it. And another thing. Soon after the fight I went to the hospital and had a scan, which showed my creatine was too high. The normal level is up to 300, mine was in 1400. I also had trouble in the urine and kidneys.
    JC: Did doctors say why this health problem occured?
    JDS: The explanation of the doctors is that I pushed over the line, I over trained, and problems could have happened even before the fight… I was so good that I ended up crossing the line. That was the explanation of doctors. Mine is that I was not good with my head, was having personal problems and did not go well mentally in the fight.
    JC: Evaluating all this, what will you do differently going forward?
    JDS: Going forward I will be more careful, it will take my body to the limit all the time. I need to know how my body is reacting to what I am doing. We need to be a bit more professional about it. I will do tests during preparation. This fight also taught me that we have to be stronger with the head, think things strategy and better monitor the tactical part.
    JC: If you can choose, would prefer fight Cain again immediately or have another fight first?
    JDS: Actually, I want Cain. I won the first, he did a good job in the second. I think the third fight has to happen. He is the champion and I want to fight him. I know there are people in the queue, Bigfoot and Overeem are. If I have to meet someone before that rematch with Velasquez, I’ll cope. But what I really want is Cain now.

Imagine if Cain would have managed to do better than a good job. Poor guy wouldnt have a face by now.

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

Take this vid with a grain of salt, Mo's sparring partner left his hands down. On the upside, Mo's pretty good at aiming for the chin.

Toward's the mid of vid, Roy Nelson makes an appearance, looks like this is where Big Country learned to put together his combo's.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Benson -205 Melendez +155
    Damn, I love that Benson line. Hitting it now.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Uncle Dana getting his aids sorted out...

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

JDS divorcing wife...

Still unreconciled to the loss of the heavyweight belt for the American Cain Velasquez at UFC 155, the MMA fighter Junior dos Santos has revealed the site's Cauldron, behind the scenes of the recording of the program, who has just separated from Visana Piccozi with whom he was married for 10 years. "She is the most important person in my life is the person who cares for me and I want to take care of her forever. But not love her more as a woman, "said excited.
    Gypsy had already admitted that he was not mentally right for the fight and he does not understand why it failed to impose his game. "I want to fight him again. Even if it was not for the belt I wanted to fight him, that's not fought again. Was there physically but not mentally", said the fighter.
    Waiting for the results of some tests to re-train the fighter confessed that he is dying of longing family: "So you can go to Hunter (Santa Catarina) see my nephews, my family. Like to stay home, I'm kind of boring I think I have the spirit of old "jokes Gypsy, who also said he was not in the mood for cruising.

Must of realised he can upgrade from this now that he's famous!...

Mercersux

No RFA 6 lines tonight? that sucks. Card starts at ten. Hoping they post something maybe half hour before it starts but not holding my breath.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    No RFA 6 lines tonight? that sucks. Card starts at ten. Hoping they post something maybe half hour before it starts but not holding my breath.
    Lines have been open for an hour.

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Lines have been open for an hour.
    hmmm, don't have anything on 5D yet.... I guess I'll have to keep checking.

Mercersux

Jared Papazian got released. What a downer for that dolt Gabe. WAR PAPAZIAN !!!

Mercersux

Hey I'm hearing Gustafsson vs Mousasi in the spring. Anyone else see that rumor floating around ?

Mercersux

Bellator pulled almost a million views. Good to see. http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bel...TV-Debut-49163

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Hey I'm hearing Gustafsson vs Mousasi in the spring. Anyone else see that rumor floating around ?
    unibet (swedish site) have had the line up since start of the week so yes it's likely happenin

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    unibet (swedish site) have had the line up since start of the week so yes it's likely happenin
    What's that line looking like?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Gust = -250
    Mousasi = +170

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...Aorganizations

Calling Punisher for help. Crazy horse begging for legal help for battering female.
    Last edited by omalley21; 01-20-13 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Clarity

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...Aorganizations

Calling Punisher for help. Crazy horse begging for legal help for battering female.
    "My name is Charles Bennett...and I'm HIIIIIGH as a muthafuuucker!!!"

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

From what i have read on wikipedia mousasi has an insaaaaane reach of 1.94 m while only being 1.85m tall, which is only 2 cm less than gustaffsson even though gustaffsson is 10 cm taller than mousasi. If this is correct, im not so sure if backing gustaffsson at current price is a cleaver move. Btw i checked unibet.com..I couldnt find the fight listed, does that mean they have taken it down already?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    From what i have read on wikipedia mousasi has an insaaaaane reach of 1.94 m while only being 1.85m tall, which is only 2 cm less than gustaffsson even though gustaffsson is 10 cm taller than mousasi. If this is correct, im not so sure if backing gustaffsson at current price is a cleaver move. Btw i checked unibet.com..I couldnt find the fight listed, does that mean they have taken it down already?
    nah it's still there, you have to scroll down right to the bottom though after selecting UFC. Probably because they dont know definite datae

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Jesus, why do they make it so hard too see it. I found it. Whos the better striker? Gustaffssons footwork may be the deciding factor.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Jesus, why do they make it so hard too see it. I found it. Whos the better striker? Gustaffssons footwork may be the deciding factor.
    yeah I think Gustaf scrapes a decision

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

mousasi at +170 is the clear play. this is fight is close to even.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Charlie Brenneman won his first fight at 155 last night by rear-naked choke in second against Eric IRvin

First 1234 Last