stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

MacDonald/Condit 2 March 16

what will the line be and Vaughany can I please use Paddy or some other crazy euro book to get a ridiculous opening line which I can then arb? someone give me a way to play these. btw I think MacDonald by dec. although I'd like to see Rorys head ripped off and thrown into the crowd

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Condit -250
    MacDonald +195

joseph odessa just emailed me the lines

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

MacDonald -210.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

My first MMA loss since I started keeping a record was Nate Diaz vs Rory Mac

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Condit -250
    MacDonald +195

joseph odessa just emailed me the lines
    i wish

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

rory will smash him in a 3 round fight.if the fight is 5 rounds who knows.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rory smashes him me thinks, but the fight will be competitive. That's one rematch that I actually want to see

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

This fight will be phenomenal. I'm inclined to think a small play on Rory is entirely justified, especially at dog or slight dog odds.

Are those numbers real V? I would've thought the line to be almost even on this one...

In any case, absolutely one of the fights I'm most looking forward too.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    This fight will be phenomenal. I'm inclined to think a small play on Rory is entirely justified, especially at dog or slight dog odds.

Are those numbers real V? I would've thought the line to be almost even on this one...

In any case, absolutely one of the fights I'm most looking forward too.
    There are no odds out for this yet. But there seems to be a common perception of how the first fight went...I hear it all the time...."Rory Mac was dominating Condit until the last 3 minutes of the fight" which I just don't recall happening. Yes, he was probably winning the fight but by no means was he dominating. This perception combined with Rory Mac's hype will lead to him being the favourite, or if he does come out as slight dog anywhere I'm pretty sure that he would soon end up as favourite up to about -130 to -150 range. Condit's performance against GSP will probably be enough to keep it close to a pick-em odds-wise though. If he hadnt of had tht round where he knocked GSP down then you'd probably find Rory Mac at -200 in this fight.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    There are no odds out for this yet. But there seems to be a common perception of how the first fight went...I hear it all the time...."Rory Mac was dominating Condit until the last 3 minutes of the fight" which I just don't recall happening. Yes, he was probably winning the fight but by no means was he dominating. This perception combined with Rory Mac's hype will lead to him being the favourite, or if he does come out as slight dog anywhere I'm pretty sure that he would soon end up as favourite up to about -130 to -150 range. Condit's performance against GSP will probably be enough to keep it close to a pick-em odds-wise though. If he hadnt of had tht round where he knocked GSP down then you'd probably find Rory Mac at -200 in this fight.
    Value will be on Condit. Although, Rory will prob win. His hype machine will start rolling because ZOMG he just smashed UFC legend BJ Penn!

Sacrelicious

Domination is the wrong word to describe Rory's performance. I recently rewatched the fight, and he certainly won the first 2 rounds, however the one thing he lacked (and in some ways, continues to lack) is condits knockout power. Condit is a finisher, Rory is a grinder, and his fights at a high level in the UFC have been won either by decision or by ref stoppage, not by knockout.

That being said, I still favor Macdonald in this bout. One thing that warrants consideration is that in his first fight with condit, he was 20 years old. The kid has improved a lot and has a big point to prove.

Rankings wise, I still believe Condit is the number 2 welterweight at this moment, but Rory is going to grind out a win against him. Might not be an easy win, but I fully believe Rory has this fight won.

If that kick Condit landed against GSP makes the line better for us, all the better.

Sacrelicious

In any case, I am looking much more forward to this fight then anything in the next several months.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

If u watch this fight again guys should realize both round one and two were close. Rory did win them but these guys that run around talking like he dominated them are clueless. I don't agree with ya on the line tho. I see Rory around 150 to 170 or even higher for this fight. The hype machine on these boards will be insane. His last couple of performance do justify it some tho.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 12-14-12 at 08:15 AM.