gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

fox5

Received a number of requests to post my plays, so for at least this card, I'll oblige.

Let's hit some plays!

I'll get started with my three dog plays on the card. First, I like John Albert +220 over Scott Jorgensen. I think the value is with Albert, all day. Jorgensen doesn't seem to be improving, while Albert certainly is. Jorgensen may be underestimating him, too. I am expecting an early finish from John Albert. It's important that he be dominant early on. If this goes to a decision, unless Albert's cardio has drastically improved, the W will likely go to Jorgensen. However, I could see Albert beating Jorgensen up in the first round, having enough heart to take the second round, then losing a wrestling match in the third. I cap Albert at +125, so this price is a steal.

Next, I'm taking Nam "Number 1" Phan +255 over Denis Siver. I expect this to be a pretty close contested stand-up battle that goes to the scorecards, possibly for a split decision; I'm taking Nam Phan here, all day. I cap him at +140, so this line is another big steal. Wouldn't be a bad idea to parlay Albert and Phan: $100 to win $1,036.

My third dog play will be on BJ Penn +245 over Rory MacDonald. I am not overly confident in this play; I think Penn should be +400. Though, much like Tito vs Bader, I see several outs for BJ. I know he's strong enough to put Rory away if he starts connecting. I also know it's over if he sneakily manages to latch on to Rory's back during some exchange. It's also over if he gets full control of an arm. It's gonna be a small play for me.

I am gonna wait for all three of these lines to improve before placing my wagers, I think they will all grow to become bigger dogs.

Now, let's move onto my top plays, starting with my number one play on the card: BIG MIKE "THE HULK" EASTON over Hafael Ass-sounds-OW. I think Easton is gonna prove to be too powerful for Assuncao, so he isn't gonna wanna keep standing with him, and will initiate the grappling. If Easton doesn't put him away on the feet, he will do enough damage there and also on the ground, if it goes there, to earn the decision. I personally don't think Assuncao will survive all three rounds, but we'll see. I'm expecting and hoping for a first round finish for Big Mike.

My second favorite play is TIM MEANS BUSINESS -310 over Abel Trujillo. I don't get this fight. Is Trujillo really UFC caliber? I'm not sure he is. Seems like an easy gift fight for Tim Means. He's got the size, reach, and stand-up advantage. Not to mention, he's been red hot, coming off a knockout win over a dude with a good chin. I thought he would get a bigger fight after that win, but he's getting some nobody with a poor resume? He's got no wins over anyone half decent. I hope Means makes quick work here, but not expecting it.

My third is on ALEXANDER GUSTAFSSON -205 over Shogun HUAAAAAAAAA. It's Gusty's time, he's on the way up, and Shogun is on his way down. He didn't hand select this opponent like he did Brandon Vera. He barely won the Vera fight, then turned down a fight with Jon Jones, so he was given an opponent who is a legitimate threat. Gusty is going to get past Shogun. He says he is going to be looking to finish. I could see that, but I expect this to be Gustafsson by Decision.

Rest, soon...
    Points Awarded:

MD gave gabe 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck Gabe! I don't see Phan enjoying the stand up with Siver at all and expect him to try and get the fight to the ground, and I've seen nothing from Gustafsson to suggest he's a threat to the top of the division. Aside from that though I find myself agreeing with your analysis.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunRua View Post
    Good luck Gabe! I don't see Phan enjoying the stand up with Siver at all and expect him to try and get the fight to the ground, and I've seen nothing from Gustafsson to suggest he's a threat to the top of the division. Aside from that though I find myself agreeing with your analysis.
    He's not a threat to Jon Jones, but he's a threat to Shogun, if you consider Shogon 'top of the division'

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Last edited by Vaughany; 12-06-12 at 03:25 PM.

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Do you already have your wagers placed?

I'm sure most would like to also know Unit Size.

You make any parlays?

Good luck bro!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    Do you already have your wagers placed?

I'm sure most would like to also know Unit Size.

You make any parlays?

Good luck bro!
    7 inches, on a good day...

Only play locked in so far is on Gustafsson

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I recommend an Easton-Means-Gustafsson parlay

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    He's not a threat to Jon Jones, but he's a threat to Shogun, if you consider Shogon 'top of the division'
    Well I guess this fight will answer a lot of questions regarding both guys.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

how sure are you on beaston? i havent broken down the fight yet, but, he has some good wins?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    how sure are you on beaston? i havent broken down the fight yet, but, he has some good wins?
    I don't see him getting the better of the fight, regardless of where it goes. I see it playing out on the feet, though, don't think Assuncao can take him down. Expecting/hoping for an early KO.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah be surprised if Assuncao has any success with takedowns

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

assuncao won over eduardo, whihch is a pretty good striker, and then he Koed tamura...so how much better can easton really be? Why this steap price? i understand that he won over menjivar, but wasnt that fight pretty close?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    assuncao won over eduardo, whihch is a pretty good striker, and then he Koed tamura...so how much better can easton really be? Why this steap price? i understand that he won over menjivar, but wasnt that fight pretty close?
    easton could easily decision eduardo and KO tamura. assuncao doesn't fair well against heavy hitters. if he doesn't have the power advantage and can't get the fight to the ground, he's in trouble. in this case, even if he does get it to the ground, i think he's still in trouble. only ways i see assuncao winning are by a lucky armbar or judges rob easton

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

im on assuncao. easton's performances against bloodworth and papazian were mediocre, and the menjivar fight was hardly a blow out.

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

I'm hoping "1 Gram" on Phan will deliver some nice body shots to Siver's liver.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Nice plays buddy; appreciate the analysis. Happy to see it.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I like RAMSEY NIJEM -190 to defeat Joe Proctor in his hometown. Only way I see Nijem losing is if Proctor catches him and knocks him out. Doubt it will happen, though. This is a very important fight for Nijem, he's gonna go all out for the W.

I'm also on MIKE SWICK -160 over Matt Brown. I expect Swick to have improved significantly since his bout vs DaMarques Johnson. Not sure it would matter, though, as I see him ending this by guillotine choke pretty early on. I may be wrong about the early on part, but still...

For props, I like Siver vs Phan o2.5, Swick vs Brown u2.5, and Henderson vs Diaz o4.5.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

For Bellator 83, I like Martinez vs Shamhalaev o2.5

Also, small on Rad Martinez -165

Can't go big against Shabby, he's made me too much $$$

Tailing sideloaded w/ Jessica Eye

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why isn't nunya in here harassing you?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Why isn't nunya in here harassing you?
    He knows I'm a G.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

funny thing is I've never even opened his thread, Sad he's so f-cking broke he has to tail and comment in my thread just to pay for his wife to get to work the next day. Someone in the family has to bring home the bacon.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Hope you cash Big!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    funny thing is I've never even opened his thread, Sad he's so f-cking broke he has to tail and comment in my thread just to pay for his wife to get to work the next day. Someone in the family has to bring home the bacon.
    You're pretty obsessed with me these days, little fella.

My wife works 2 days a week to get us health insurance. She's allowed to blow her money on whatever she wants.

Real men are providers.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    easton could easily decision eduardo and KO tamura. assuncao doesn't fair well against heavy hitters. if he doesn't have the power advantage and can't get the fight to the ground, he's in trouble. in this case, even if he does get it to the ground, i think he's still in trouble. only ways i see assuncao winning are by a lucky armbar or judges rob easton
    assuncao's gone toe to toe with some real heavy hitters, koch is the only guy to really put him away bad with strikes... He kept it competitive on the feet with jaboiun and took some good hits from faber. Outside of papazian I haven't seen easton impressive in any other fights... both he an menji basically sparred for 3 rounds, dodson fight was a sleeper and could arguably be scored for dodson, and beebe got jacked in one of the worst robberies ever. These are the four easton fights i've seen and only one was impressive. But it was a damn impressive fight against papazian, and if he's not passive like I've seen in most matches, I do think he is the rightful fav in this fight (put him around -140ish tho) and has the better overall striking, especially power. but assuncao's striking shouldn't be underestimated. I just think the line should be much closer to evens, i don't see value in easton at juicy odds. Gl tho man.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also really like siver, tempted to pay the juice at -300 because I set his line around -360-75...

Phan can't get this too the ground (if he could I wouldn't necessarily give him a much bigger edge over siver there either) and I think siver's overall striking - power, technique, versatility - is much better than phans. I think phan only wins this by flash ko / stoppage, which he hasn't done in a long while. I think siver can easily keep this upright as long as he wants, where he should batter phan for 3 rounds, perhaps get another spinning back kick tko Phan's boxing is legit, but I can't forget how often he gets tagged, pretty bad defense, lacking stopping power, and just not as much versatility against a dude who's base was created on the kickboxing circut. Can't knock you tho for taking him at nice dog odd, gl.

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

3 Fight Parlay

Rory Mac win in round 3 (+800)
    Alex Gustaffson win in round 3 (+1000)
    Nate Diaz win in round 5 (+2000)
    Every $1 pays $2,079

Those are pretty crazy odds together.

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

Quote Originally Posted by Broxbomber View Post
    Rory Mac win in round 3 (+800)
    Alex Gustaffson win in round 3 (+1000)
    Nate Diaz win in round 5 (+2000)
    Every $1 pays $2,079

Those are pretty crazy odds together.

Bendo win in round 5 (+2800) which increases the odds in the parly when replacing Diaz in round 5

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Easton's strange style with tons of passive fighting followed by spurts of pure aggression is gonna eventually cost him a fight on the judges cards...I just doubt it's against Assuncao

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    Easton's strange style with tons of passive fighting followed by spurts of pure aggression is gonna eventually cost him a fight on the judges cards...I just doubt it's against Assuncao
    With you there. I'd actually like to see him fight Faber.

And where the hell is Brian Bowles? Is he injured or something?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Predictions:

FOTN: Bendo vs Diaz
    SOTN: Mike Swick or BJ Penn
    KOTN: Mike Easton or BJ Penn

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Easton locked in at -240 (maxed at a couple books. -270 at other books, so didn't play him there.)
    Phan locked in at +245 and +230
    Nijem locked in at -185 (maxed at one book. -200 elsewhere)
    Albert locked in at +205
    Gustafsson locked in at -205, -210, -230, and -240

Gonna wait til tomorrow 'fore I make plays on the rest, or add to these...

Gonna be big on Phan/Siver o2.5

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ouch, some shitty odds there

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Little background info on my fighter picks:

I am--

2-2 picking Shogun fights
    2-1 picking Gustafsson fights
    4-3 total

1-0 picking BJ fights
    0-3 picking Rory fights
    1-3 total

1-0 picking Swick fights
    2-2 picking Brown fights
    3-2 total

1-2 picking Easton fights
    0-2 picking Assuncao fights
    1-4 total

1-2 picking Nijem fights
    0-1 picking Proctor fights
    1-3 total

2-0 picking LeVesseur fights
    0-0 picking Trujillo fights
    2-0 total

3-1 picking Phan fights
    2-2 picking Siver fights
    5-3 total

2-1 picking Albert fights
    1-2 picking Jorgensen fights
    3-3 total

20-21 total

wow lol i have a crappy record, if you only focus on fights i've picked for these fighters.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

It happens.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    You're pretty obsessed with me these days, little fella.

My wife works 2 days a week to get us health insurance. She's allowed to blow her money on whatever she wants.

Real men are providers.
    Your gimmick is up. No one actually believes you make any money betting mma. Only a complete tool would brag about using kelly with 10 dollar limits. Do you realize how retarded you sound?

1234 ... Last