MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Because I say a guy has no heart after he completely quits in the octagon two times? You're a dumb piece of sh!t, gtfo my thread
    He didn't quit against Menjivar, and he likely didn't realize how much time was left in the Jorgensen fight. I find it really hard to believe that he did; no reason to even think he did.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I'm glad Means got injured... I think this dude would have killed him lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Because I say a guy has no heart after he completely quits in the octagon two times? You're a dumb piece of sh!t, gtfo my thread
    haaha Gabers

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    He didn't quit against Menjivar, and he likely didn't realize how much time was left in the Jorgensen fight. I find it really hard to believe that he did; no reason to even think he did.
    He tapped no more than 2 seconds after Jorgensen got his neck... No one should ever tap that quick to a choke... fight it for at least 6 or 7 seconds...

No reason to think he did? lol you have an idea of how long the round has been + you hear the cloud 10 second mark... it wasn't a main event in a sold out arena in brazil, so i'm sure he heard it loud and clear.

And yeah, he did quit against Menjivar. He was tired, and just gave up. He gave into that choke. I was happy to see him quit, because I was big on Menjivar. Some fighters are just quitters, and he's one of them. I just hoped he would get an early finish, so it wouldn't come down to whether he wilts or not

MD

Iron-willed Cerrone tapped in a similar amount of time against Benson; not because he was quitting, but because he was experienced enough to realize when the position was indefensible.

He probably didn't hear the signal at the ten second mark, I'd think.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Iron-willed Cerrone tapped in a similar amount of time against Benson; not because he was quitting, but because he was experienced enough to realize when the position was indefensible.

He probably didn't hear the signal at the ten second mark, I'd think.
    GSP tapped to Matt Hughes and Bermudez tapped to Brandao both with 1 second left, and it's not the same... those guys saved themselves a trip to the hospital...

I find it INCREDIBLY hard to believe that he didn't hear that loud sound in a near-empty arena... He felt the choke and didn't like it, so he tapped.

I think he is a personal friend of yours or something, you're way too biased.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought for sure Martinez was finished how he covered up for 20 straight shots.

hels

he may be one of the toughest mma fighters I have ever seen.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Wow, what a fight this is!!! Early FOTN candidate

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

The Mexican Zombie

hels

damnnnn

MD

GSP tapped to Matt Hughes and Bermudez tapped to Brandao both with 1 second left, and it's not the same... those guys saved themselves a trip to the hospital...

I find it INCREDIBLY hard to believe that he didn't hear that loud sound in a near-empty arena... He felt the choke and didn't like it, so he tapped.

I think he is a personal friend of yours or something, you're way too biased.
    I think he tapped because he didn't realize how much time was left, and believed he couldn't escape the position.

I'm a fan of his, but I'm not biased towards him; I didn't even bet on him at those ridiculous odds.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I think he tapped because he didn't realize how much time was left, and believed he couldn't escape the position.

I'm a fan of his, but I'm not biased towards him; I didn't even bet on him at those ridiculous odds.
    He couldn't escape it? lmao he could have easily avoided getting into it in the first place... and he could hold off tapping for a few seconds to avoid looking like a puss, which is what most fighters do. they give it a little time before they tap.

I don't see how it's possible he didnt hear it... he's not deaf... that shit is VERY LOUD, especially inside an empty arena. no doubt he heard it.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

STRAIGHT BET
    [2452] TOTAL u2½+190
    (ASSUNCAO/EASTON TOT RDS vrs ASSUNCAO/EASTON TOT RDS)

400 / 760

STRAIGHT BET
    [2424] TOTAL u2½+130
    (PROCTOR/NIJEM TOT RDS vrs PROCTOR/NIJEM TOT RDS)

400 / 520

MD

He couldn't escape it? lmao he could have easily avoided getting into it in the first place... and he could hold off tapping for a few seconds to avoid looking like a puss, which is what most fighters do. they give it a little time before they tap.

I don't see how it's possible he didnt hear it... he's not deaf... that shit is VERY LOUD, especially inside an empty arena. no doubt he heard it.
    No point in holding off on tapping; unless the bell's about to sound, which he didn't know it was.

I think the fact that he tapped proves that he didn't hear it a lot more definitively than "it's very loud" proves that he did hear it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

edit

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

No point in holding off on tapping; unless the bell's about to sound, which he didn't know it was.

I think the fact that he tapped proves that he didn't hear it a lot more definitively than "it's very loud" proves that he did hear it.
    There is a point: Not looking like a pussy, which is the reason fighters generally wait a bit before giving in to the tap. They like to give off the idea that they did everything they could, rather than just giving up right away.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Looks like I lose the under, but hit the Ramsay play... Big profit.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

shit, hope i didn't speak too soon... nice, he lost the armbar lol

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Damn, 2 FOTN candidates...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Wasnt as good as Cruickshank fight

Cor_Digga
    Cor_Digga's Avatar Become A Pro!

this easton fight sucked

MD

There is a point: Not looking like a pussy, which is the reason fighters generally wait a bit before giving in to the tap. They like to give off the idea that they did everything they could, rather than just giving up right away.
    That is dreadful logic. I'm sure that in the middle of a fight that a guy spent weeks at a time away from his family for, that could decide his future and impact his ability to achieve his dream, he's thinking "now that I've lost, I better wait a few seconds before tapping so that people think I'm a badass".

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

exactly how many seconds wait after choke is sunk in = badass recognition? i always do at least 2 or 3 extra seconds so the guys I'm rolling with know that I'm not to be f*cked with when they wake me up
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

LMAO I just saw the funniest thing I've ever seen on the UFC: Rogan said "Mike Swick believes he still could be the Welterweight Champion" and Goldberg couldn't hold back his laugh... too funny hahahahahaha

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

That is dreadful logic. I'm sure that in the middle of a fight that a guy spent weeks at a time away from his family for, that could decide his future and impact his ability to achieve his dream, he's thinking "now that I've lost, I better wait a few seconds before tapping so that people think I'm a badass".
    Um, it's common knowledge that fighters generally give it some time before giving up the tap. I've heard them say it over and over and over and over and over again, I can't believe it's being questioned on an MMA forum
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave gabe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

they just warp past the walk ins on Fox? man I hate Fox. they don't seem to get it they just want to be part of the action. and whats w/ the robot fighting thing?

Cor_Digga
    Cor_Digga's Avatar Become A Pro!

good fight swick. time to retire

MD

Um, it's common knowledge that fighters generally give it some time before giving up the tap. I've heard them say it over and over and over and over and over again, I can't believe it's being questioned on an MMA forum
    You should have no problem proving that it's "common knowledge" then.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

You should have no problem proving that it's "common knowledge" then.
    how many guys on TUF said "i gave it a few seconds then i had to tap" or something similar?

gtfo man, seriously

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

second funniest thing: matt brown being left alone after winning and calling for joe rogan

MD

how many guys on TUF said "i gave it a few seconds then i had to tap" or something similar?

gtfo man, seriously
    I dunno Gabe, how many did say that?

You should have no problem with this, it's common knowledge. Gabe -500.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I had under 1.5 in the fight and it ended at the 2:31 mark, and my best is counted as a loss... wtf

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I dunno Gabe, how many did say that?

You should have no problem with this, it's common knowledge. Gabe -500.
    Clown. Your friend John Albert is a quitter and you are clueless about MMA.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I'm having a terrible night... Money is coming in on Shogun, won't be surprised if he ends up winning, given my luck...

First 12345 Last