Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Fade this shit.. Benson is all hype.. Diaz for the win.. BigGay don't know shit about mma.. Fade the queer wrasstler..
    how long you had this crush on bigday

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

lol @ benson is all hype

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Fade this shit.. Benson is all hype.. Diaz for the win.. BigGay don't know shit about mma.. Fade the queer wrasstler..

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome vid, pounding Bendo! This will not be a close fight.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Not sure how you can go max bet unless you think the fight won't be competitive or go to a decision.
    In my opinion, in the last five Light Weight title fights that went to decision judges went 1-4 with correct decision.

Copied and pasted from Frankie Edgar's wiki with an added column "Who Really Won"

Result Record Opponent Method Event Who Really Won
    Loss 14–3–1 Benson Henderson Decision (split) UFC 150 Frankie Edgar
    Loss 14–2–1 Benson Henderson Decision (unanimous) UFC 144 Frankie Edgar
    Win 14–1–1 Gray Maynard KO (punches) UFC 136 Finish
    Draw 13–1–1 Gray Maynard Draw (split) UFC 125 Frankie Edgar
    Win 13–1 B.J. Penn Decision (unanimous) UFC 118 Frankie Edgar
    Win 12–1 B.J. Penn Decision (unanimous) UFC 112 B.J. Penn

And just to show that I am not alone in this opinion. Here is how Sherdog scored these bouts:

UFC 150 – Edgar vs Henderson
    Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Edgar (49-46 Edgar)
    TJ De Santis scores the round 10-10 (48-48 Draw)
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Edgar (49-46 Edgar)

UFC 144 – Edgar vs Henderson
    Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Edgar (48-47 Edgar)
    Freddie DeFreitas scores the round 10-9 Henderson (48-47 Henderson)
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Edgar (48-47 Edgar)

UFC 125 – Edgar vs Maynard
    Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Edgar (47-46 Edgar)
    TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Edgar (47-47 Draw)
    Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Maynard (48-47 Maynard)

UFC 118 – Penn vs Edgar
    TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Edgar (50-45 Edgar)
    Loretta Hunt scores the round 10-9 Edgar (50-45 Edgar)
    Tomas Rios scores the round 10-9 Edgar (49-46 Edgar)

UFC 112 – Penn vs Edgar
    Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Edgar (49-47 Penn)
    Greg Savage scores the round 10-9 Edgar (48-47 Penn)
    Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Edgar (49-46 Penn)

I used the Sherdog play by play because they are the only reputable site that has three people score it.

You may think that these fights are only controversial because of Edgar's style but I think there is more to it. This is the most competitive weight class in the UFC and the title fights reflect that. MMA judges make mistakes all the time when fights are not competitive, so we have to except the strong possibility that they won't judge these extremely competitive bouts with any degree of accuracy.
    Last edited by bogbat; 12-05-12 at 01:24 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Bogbat, all of those fights involved Frankie Edgar...

I honestly think he is very hard to judge. I'm looking at stylistic matchups and see an oppertunity is all.

Best of luck

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Pounding Diaz.

Daimo has proven himself.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Pounding Diaz.

Daimo has proven himself.
    Lube up son, this might hurt.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Love the videos!

But don't like the pick. I hate piling up on fighters who have little chance of ending the fight in any way. There is no chance Ben finishes Nate, so there goes methods of winning. He needs to beat him for 5 rounds. Nate is really turning the corner as a fighter and will hold striking and BJJ advantages over Ben. Ben of course has the wrestling. Cardio shouldn't be a problem for either.

Just tough to lay -150 on a guy who has little to no chance of a finish. And a guy who is fighting a man who is always in close fights at the very least. Even when people beat Nate it is controversial or the very least a good fight.

Ben has no way of finishing and little way of dominating this fight. I think he lost twice to Frankie.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Love the videos!

But don't like the pick. I hate piling up on fighters who have little chance of ending the fight in any way. There is no chance Ben finishes Nate, so there goes methods of winning. He needs to beat him for 5 rounds. Nate is really turning the corner as a fighter and will hold striking and BJJ advantages over Ben. Ben of course has the wrestling. Cardio shouldn't be a problem for either.

Just tough to lay -150 on a guy who has little to no chance of a finish. And a guy who is fighting a man who is always in close fights at the very least. Even when people beat Nate it is controversial or the very least a good fight.

Ben has no way of finishing and little way of dominating this fight. I think he lost twice to Frankie.
    I don't believe Diaz has a major BJJ advantage. I respect all opinions though as I have my own.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I don't believe Diaz has a major BJJ advantage. I respect all opinions though as I have my own.
    I think he has a sizable one. Ben is just a lot stronger so technique is made up for. Ben's great sub D basically stems from his fight with Cerrone. Cerrone was the best sub finisher he has fought. And look how terrified of the ground Cerrone was vs. Nate. Another top BJJ fighter Ben fought was Jim Miller. Nate sub'd him rather easily. Ben may certainly stay out of subs if he is cautious from top position. But in any scrambles Nate is much more dangerous than Jim Miller or Clay Guida.

GL. Should be a good scrap and a great card!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I also don't think Diaz has ever fought anyone with as technical kicks as Henderson. I'm not giving Diaz a huge standup advantage either. Henderson WILL use kicks.

People that think Diaz can't be stopped in this fight might be surprised...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I think he has a sizable one. Ben is just a lot stronger so technique is made up for. Ben's great sub D basically stems from his fight with Cerrone. Cerrone was the best sub finisher he has fought. And look how terrified of the ground Cerrone was vs. Nate. Another top BJJ fighter Ben fought was Jim Miller. Nate sub'd him rather easily. Ben may certainly stay out of subs if he is cautious from top position. But in any scrambles Nate is much more dangerous than Jim Miller or Clay Guida.

GL. Should be a good scrap and a great card!
    I dont think Cerrone was scared to go to the ground, he just didnt want to because he got caught up in the whole stand up war dog fight thing that Diaz lured him in to

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Ok you convinced me bigday

dont Fukk me pal

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I dont think Cerrone was scared to go to the ground, he just didnt want to because he got caught up in the whole stand up war dog fight thing that Diaz lured him in to
    Was yelling at the top of my lungs that fight!!!

Throw FUKKKING KICKS!
    Try a FUKKING TAKEDOWN!!!!

No, he just wanted to stand DIRECTLY in front of him and boblehead it the whole night! Still fired up about that one.

Jim Miller also stood in front of him.

I expect Henderson NOT to fall into a Diaz fight. And don't see him doing that. JMO

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Ok you convinced me bigday

dont Fukk me pal
    Vegas, I need this one pal.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I don't think he wanted any part of that one-sided "war" towards the end.

He kept trip/kicking him and Diaz fell over and over. You mean to tell me he didn't follow him to the ground once? Didn't even flirt with the idea? I think he had a lot more confidence in his stand up vs. Nate than his BJJ /wrestling vs. Nate. He didn't want to be in Nate's guard. He chose to get dotted up for 3 rounds over getting finished on the ground.

Also Not Bendo inside the distance at like -600 isn't smart in MMA, theory wise, but it is easy parlay filler in reality. When was the last time Bendo finished anyone? Nate Diaz is the hardest man to finish in the whole division. When has he been even closed to finished? Even in defeat Diaz brothers take Pride in not losing the "fight" "damage".
    Last edited by Rubber Guard; 12-05-12 at 01:37 PM.

Rubber Guard

Nate has sub'd quite a few blackbelts in his life. Even when he wasn't a blackbelt. He is a high level blackbelt who knows exactly what he is doing on the ground.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I put Bendo's striking power > Diaz's.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I'm not quite sure why everyone insists on talking about Henderson's submission defence. His submission defence is terrible, his ability to escape from submissions is excellent, however.

Look at Georges St-Pierre for an example of a guy with great submission defence from top position. How many times have you seen him in danger? What Ben Henderson has in his ability to escape from precarious positions is only useful if the position is one that can be escaped from. If Nate locks a guillotine, Benson is very unlikely to find his way out. Nate's BJJ is tailor-made to catch Henderson, who allows himself to slip into bad positions seemingly on purpose.

All of this said, I'm large on Bendo, especially by decision. He's not finishing Nate. Hedge with Diaz by sub.

Rubber Guard

I put Bendo's striking power > Diaz's.
    I don't really. I mean it is easy to say that because he throws hard 90% of the time. And Nate who knows how to box wins by accumulation and throws hard 10% of the time.

Ben had a 145er Frankiie hurt and couldn't finish him. Ben has few standing finishes in his career and none vs. anyone good. He is a decision machine as of late. He throws wild stuff, he throws hard, but he never finishes anyone with it...so I don't see how his "striking power" translates to anything. Thats just my view though.

Cerrone was getting touted as the best striker in the LW division. An "undefeated" kickboxer. A guy with footwork and technique who can generate power if he wants. And Nate destroyed him. Made him look like crap. Nate is pinpoint accurate with his strikes. And puts combos together better than anyone at LW with their hands. People would rather say Cerrone was off thatt night than admit he was straight up destroyed. Many of those people were the people who gave Nate little chance and thought Cerrone would do the lighting up. People just don't understand the Diaz style of striking. They see pitter patter. They see non-explosive strikes. And they don't want to back it for whatever reason. Even though time and time again they get the better of guys who are supposed to have better striking.

Even after that fight with Diaz, I would call Cerrone a better striker than Bendo.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

All of this said, I'm large on Bendo, especially by decision. He's not finishing Nate. Hedge with Diaz by sub.
    Yea I think if you are betting Bendo it should be by Dec. There may be value in that at +money. I view this as a coinflip fight. Nate has 5 rounds to get a sub or large damage standing. Bendo has 5 rounds to not get sub'd or beat up too bad on the feet. Even the best finishers can't always find the finish. So Nate may lose via being on bottom.
    Last edited by Rubber Guard; 12-05-12 at 01:55 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Agreed, Nate's boxing is unreal.

However, with that comes a boxing stance. I think Bendo matches up nicely.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

On Diaz. Thanks.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Diaz here..

BIGDAY good luck pal

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Diaz I'll take the+140 an ill take penn at +270 all day!!!!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I believe the fighter you think about is pat barry? Diaz is fighting benson henderson

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was large on Bendo last time against Frankie, but after that performance I can't pull the trigger here. This is a no play for me. However, if I had to bet, it would def. be on Diaz at the current odds. I think Diaz is really entering his prime and might surprise a lot of people here. I'll go out on a limb and say Diaz dominates Bendo on the feet and the ground, and finishes him by sub. Don't tail here. Sorry Big Day.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Benson better be damn careful with Diaz's boxing...if he gets caught and hits the deck...it's Diaz by his modified front choke all day...huge difference between Frankie having your neck and Nate...Nate's arms lets him do things with that choke that most can't.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    Benson better be damn careful with Diaz's boxing...if he gets caught and hits the deck...it's Diaz by his modified front choke all day...huge difference between Frankie having your neck and Nate...Nate's arms lets him do things with that choke that most can't.
    I don't think Bendo can be subbed.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I'm not quite sure why everyone insists on talking about Henderson's submission defence. His submission defence is terrible, his ability to escape from submissions is excellent, however.
    Simply a misuse of terms on thier part.

And Gabe, anybody CAN be subbed, but I simply do not thing it will happen.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wish this fight was tonight!!!

Friiken Stoked!!

Jesus Christ

Wish this fight was tonight!!!

Friiken Stoked!!
    Agreed...I haven't been this pumped for a fight in a longggg time.

Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I don't think Bendo can be subbed.
    I don't think Nate can sub him off his back no but dropping Ben up against the fence and latching on to his neck....I think it could happen.

First 12345 ... Last