Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

UFC On Fox 6: Johnson vs Dodson (Jan 26)

Sacrelicious

Absolutely loving Teixeria right now. Rampage is not only coming off a double knee surgery from the spring, but another injury suffered in training prior to 153 and a thorough pounding at the hands of RYAN BADER. I think its safe to say that the Rampage of old is done, and Glover has looked like an absolute beast. Glover wins ITD.

Most looking forward to the Pettis Cerrone fight, a likely candidate for FOTN.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Agree Pettis Cerrone has strong chance of FOTN, but also dont see how Grant/Wiman wont be an entertaining scrap and also Dana will be keen to hand out bonuses to the main event Flyweights if they put on a half-decent fight

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great to see that the odds haven't changed a ton from the first time they came out on texiera-rampage. I'm opposite of ya sacrelicious, just not sipping the glover kool aid. Obviously alot will depend on what sort of rampage comes into this fight but as long as he comes in on weight looking like he's taken this fight seriously, i'd think its great value. Also like seeing pettis @ + money too. Agree with you both hell of a chance @ fotn.

Sacrelicious

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bad...-Chicago-47921

Bader/Matyushenko and Mitchell/Thoresen added to card.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Great to see that the odds haven't changed a ton from the first time they came out on texiera-rampage. I'm opposite of ya sacrelicious, just not sipping the glover kool aid. Obviously alot will depend on what sort of rampage comes into this fight but as long as he comes in on weight looking like he's taken this fight seriously, i'd think its great value. Also like seeing pettis @ + money too. Agree with you both hell of a chance @ fotn.
    I also think Pettis at + money is worth a unit as well, I'm not sure if that line will last.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

got odds for 5 fights already for this card, but ufc on fox 5, is 4 days away and only 3 fights have odds

Sacrelicious

Yep.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I love that. If everyone did, he would be -700, which he probably should be. lol

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

"All I wanted was someone to stand up with me and bang! Like a man. Glover did that, my hats off to him. I fight for the fans, Joe Rogan. I know the fans enjoyed this fight. Glover is the man, I think he'll beat Jon Jones." -Rampage's post-fight interview w/ Rogan

Sacrelicious

I have managed to find several of his older more obscure fights on the torrent sites since his UFC debut. The guy is an absolute and utter beast, I intend to do a five unit bet on this fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

[QUOTE=gabe;17003538]"All I wanted was someone to stand up with me and bang! Like a man. Glover did that, my hats off to him. I fight for the fans, Joe Rogan. I know the fans enjoyed this fight. Glover is the man, I think he'll beat Jon Jones." -Rampage's post-fight interview w/ Rogan[/QUOTE

About right. Or he'll be moaning because Glover took him down and arm-triangled him

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I love that. If everyone did, he would be -700, which he probably should be. lol
    well, -700 is a bit of a stretch but I can see you like the guy. Hey alot depends and what type of rampage comes into the fight. Got alot of time to figure shit out tho. You think if you'd be getting +500 on rampage you still wouldn't play him? Lol

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

well, -700 is a bit of a stretch but I can see you like the guy. Hey alot depends and what type of rampage comes into the fight. Got alot of time to figure shit out tho. You think if you'd be getting +500 on rampage you still wouldn't play him? Lol
    I wouldn't. I believe Glover is elite. I remember saying he should have been at least -700 in his last fight, too. I don't see anybody besides Jon Jones beating him. I think he will do damage to Rashad, too. That would actually be a really great fight.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Glover is a mediocre striker with bad cardio, decent-good wrestling and very good BJJ. Not much of a threat to the elite of the division.

If Rampage shows up in shape, he could crush Glover.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yeah I'd like to see Rashad vs Glover

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

i have to say, generally i wouldnt be swayed by the "ufc wants fighter A to beat fighter B" argument. but in this case, and in other situations where fighter B has made it known that its his last fight with the company and he is not leaving on good terms, i tend to get a little swayed.

e.g., tito ortiz vs lyoto machida (before machida was a contender).

obviously this doesnt mean fighter B is going to lose, but just that the ufc is making a conscious decision to give fighter B a (perceived) bad style matchup.

e.g., bj penn vs matt hughes I (backfired for the ufc)

Sacrelicious

Entirely agreed, I was thinking about the conversation subject this morning. This isnt Rampage's swan song, its more akin to one of those old pro wrestling angles where they fed someone to a new guy on his way out of the territory to put him over.

Rampage at +500? Not a chance I'd bet it. Granted, I might not also bed Glover at -700 just because the lack of return, but at the current lines or anything resembling them, its a steal, I'm going hard on this one.

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Glover is a mediocre striker with bad cardio, decent-good wrestling and very good BJJ. Not much of a threat to the elite of the division.

If Rampage shows up in shape, he could crush Glover.
    Completely agree with your p.o.v. I'm just not sold that Glover beats an in shape rampage. Best chance is to catch a rampage ala Bader fight and Glover should cruise with little resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Entirely agreed, I was thinking about the conversation subject this morning. This isnt Rampage's swan song, its more akin to one of those old pro wrestling angles where they fed someone to a new guy on his way out of the territory to put him over.

Rampage at +500? Not a chance I'd bet it. Granted, I might not also bed Glover at -700 just because the lack of return, but at the current lines or anything resembling them, its a steal, I'm going hard on this one.
    I dig the wrestling anaolgy there my man. Big wrestling fan back in the day but product is mostly garbage now with very few bright spots. I'm just not sold that this will actually be Rampage's swan song. He knows he ain't going to get type of money and exposure outside of the ufc that he's gotten in his tenure with the ufc. He's just doing a lot of posturing now but i think when push comes to shove he signs an extension. Especially if he beats Glover which i think should make him come in motivated to get the upper hand in some future negotiations. I would still love to see a Rampage-Griffin rematch though. Still think Rampage won the first fight and would give Griffin some serious biz in a rematch. Not to say it looks as if Griffin's heart is much in the game anymore but I for one love watching Griffin get knocked silly. Not too many do it better.