MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Rockhold has the power to put him away in any round, like Silva did
    Nothing to do with power in the Silva fight; Chris Camozzi could have put Belfort away with that shot. I doubt there's a single fighter in the UFC at any weight who wouldn't have been finished by that shot. It was so technically perfect and connected so well, it could have shut off Roy Nelson's lights. Chins are only worth so much.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Can i get an Amen!?

Welcome back me Lord!

gd luck, id be very surprised if he dominates Lentz. But he may eek out a decision. lentz is a different animal at FW

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Rockhold has the power to put him away in any round, like Silva did
    I haven't seen too much power from Rockhold. His best punch seems to be his right hook. He put down Kennedy when Kennedy was moving back, with an uppercut-hook type thing, and caught Jardine at the end of a right hook. Jardine then went down on 1 knee against the cage, and took a lot of hard right hands, stood and got dropped by another right.

The point being even against Jardine these weren't 1 punch ko finishes. I have seen some of Vitor's bigger 3 round fights like Liddell in the past, where Vitor got put on the seat of his pants at least once. But I went and watched his fight with James Zikic, since it's a more recent fight that went 3 rounds. In the first round Belfort took a right hand and buckled, and the rest of the fight was mostly played on the ground. Belfort was able to slip the right hands after that.

I'm not saying Rockhold can't rock Belfort with a punch, but its fairly unlikely that Belfort won't be able to defend himself after that. Belfort broke his hand on the top of Sakuraba's head, and spent the rest of the fight lying down trying to sweep Sakuraba. Against Jon Jones he kept pulling guard to catch his breath and 'work his jiu jitsu'. Doesn't seem to understand that judges don't score it when you work jiu jitsu from the bottom.

If Belfort does gas, he'll probably just lie down for the later rounds. Jon Jones didn't manage to stop Belfort with gnp, although the cuts might have. And I doubt Rockhold can smother Belfort with gnp like Randy Couture could.

Also, Rockhold always fights with his hands low, starting punches from his waist. Against Jacare, from Round 3 on Rockhold adapted and used head movement to avoid counters, but he got tagged and rocked in the first 2 rounds. Vitor might be able to land flush on Rockhold in the first couple of rounds at least, which could go towards getting him a decision.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Belfort has the Lord, roids, and power of his home-country behind him! Gonna be tough to KO him! These experienced Brazilian's raise their game when they fight in Brazil

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Can i get an Amen!?

Welcome back me Lord!

gd luck, id be very surprised if he dominates Lentz. But he may eek out a decision. lentz is a different animal at FW
    bad luck me lord. Lentz grinding style just too much

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Lentz at near evens was the right play. I wish Hacran demonstrated greater urgency earlier in the fight because he dominated once he went full throttle. Kudos to Lentz for setting an offensive grinding pace early to take the first round and then capitalizing on a beautifully timed knee to dominate the second with grappling & GnP. I'm sick of doubting The Carney at 145; beating Dias is his most impressive win yet.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Lentz at near evens was the right play (smallish). I wish Hacran demonstrated greater urgency earlier in the fight because he dominated once he went full throttle. Kudos to Lentz for setting an offensive grinding pace early to take the first round and then capitalizing on a beautifully timed knee to dominate the second with grappling & GnP. I'm sick of doubting The Carney at 145; beating Dias is his most impressive win yet.
    yeah, and winning back to back fights in BRazil against decent competition both times is impressive

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

JC
    put it on BIG Foot KOTN

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Nice hit JC...missed your posting...will be looking next week...bol all

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Well at least we hit on Vitor R1.

Rockhold holding his hands by his waist is some amateur grappler-turned-flashy-kickboxer-with-poor-fundmentals shiit. Luke was shiitting himself within seconds of feeling Vitor's power early on and realizing that he couldn't get any offence off without being countered hard.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I didnt realize he was 28 until they showed the pics before the fight - dude has plenty of time to do his stuff but no way was he beating Belfort there.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Last edited by illmatick; 06-26-21 at 09:59 AM.

First ... 5678