walktheline
    walktheline's Avatar Become A Pro!

11/24 Boxing

Andre Berto, -170, 34 units to win 20.

This is an egregious error by the bookmakers. Guerrero is a great guy and a pro's pro. However, he isn't elite at welterweight. He lacks the power necessary to be effective at this weight and it's going to be very obvious against a big, strong welterweight like Berto. Unless Berto shows a significant amount of ring rust of fatigues badly, this is a very easy fight for him.

Hatton (-400), Thurman (-210) parlay, -119, 11.9 units to win 10.

Hatton is making a comeback. Regardless of his actual condition, someone that generates that type of money with that type of political pull in boxing doesn't lose a hand picked opponent and lose. Especially one coming off a KO loss to Paul Malignaggi, even if that was an accumulation stoppage. Thurman is jumping from the fire pan into the fire against a resurgent Quintana. I do see him as being legit though, as his speed and jab are world class. Still a wild card if this turns into a dogfight, but his physical advantages should be enough to get him a signature win.

Still looking at some other things, I'll likely add more plays tomorrow.

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

Definitely like the Berto & Hatton plays.

thekidfanky
    thekidfanky's Avatar Become A Pro!

love the berto play...im with you on that all day!

boxing122
    boxing122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Love the plays

bird
    bird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Yep, agreed on Berto! Guerrero moved up two weightclasses to face Aydin, and while that was very ballsy indeed (not many fighters wanted to face Aydin) he is now going up against a better welter in Berto who has fought at that weight for a long time. Against Aydin, Guerrero was susceptible to his right hand that landed several times. Berto has a great right hand with power and quickness. I think the play to go with is Berto who is the natural welter out of the two and I just don't see how Guerrero will take his power. I see a small chance of Guerrero winning this by decision if he manages to outbox Berto with his high-volume type of boxing, we shouldn't forget that Guerrero is a skillful boxer.

walktheline

Thanks guys, good luck to all tonight.

Well, Ricky should have stayed retired, that was a brutal loss. I just hope he bounces back mentally, as he'll have plenty of time to heal physically.

Adding: Thurman, -200, 40 units to win 20. I'm going to trust my eyes even though his inexperience could be a wild card.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

wow KO by a body shot, Hatton is brutal

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

got 4U on berto tonight!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

hatton looked old

thekidfanky
    thekidfanky's Avatar Become A Pro!

how impressive is guerrero tonight
    wow totally didnt see that coming

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

damn boxing > mma

JamesKim
    JamesKim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Bad day for you TS

I was on Guerrero by decision at +315. Hatton had too much unknowns for me to put money on.

JSanford
    JSanford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 850

You guys should have checked my thread before laying the juice. As always, I gave the picks to profit off of.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by JSanford View Post
    You guys should have checked my thread before laying the juice. As always, I gave the picks to profit off of.
    You mean the one bet?

walktheline

Guerrero shown he has risen to another level and will be a problem for anyone at 147. I drastically underestimated is maturation into a durable, competent welterweight. Thanks for the backhanded compliment though, you must not have read my CFB picks that I made a few grand off of earlier today. You know, the type of picks you profit from....

walktheline

I did burn 25.9 units though, you got me there.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

have some class

JSanford
    JSanford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 850

Class? I meant no disrespect, was just giving him the heads up to check my threads first before laying bets down on the fights.

Congrats on the college wins walktheline but make sure to check my threads before betting on fights seeing as how I am the resident pro combat sports gambler of the forum.
    Points Awarded:

Crassus gave JSanford 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Crassus

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

you're not pro anything dude. Living with your parents and gambling your walmart check doesn't make you a pro.

Crassus

This kids god damn hilarious.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    This kids god damn hilarious.
    I'd like to see you lose all seven of your bets on a card and still finish up, haterz.

EDIT: you have 777 posts, this can't be a coincidence. Holy shit.

walktheline

Class? I meant no disrespect, was just giving him the heads up to check my threads first before laying bets down on the fights.

Congrats on the college wins walktheline but make sure to check my threads before betting on fights seeing as how I am the resident pro combat sports gambler of the forum.
    I'll be sure I ask permission before making any wagering suggestions. No disrespect here either, but I've been around a long time and have an established, positive track record handicapping boxing. Also, I'm hardly seeking to challenge you for the title of "resident expert"

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647