Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Silva vs. GSP

This is bullshit. I personally don't think this fight should happen and Dana White basically forcing GSP to do it is bullshit.

Fukk Anderson Silva for calling out the "little guy". Call out Jon Jones mother fuller. He already has fought fights at 205. If he can make 170 I'm all about it but Silva walks around at 225. No way he could make that cut.

Silva vs Jones SHOULD be the huge mega fight.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Yesss I was just going to post this. Dana White was interviewed and said Anderson Silva wants to do this and I am thinking GSP should have at least one more warm-up fight before he steps in the rings with the deadliest fighter of all time.

Silva will want it scheduled late in 2013.....gives time for St. Pierre to get one more tune up fight and then 6 months to train for the Silva.

Will be EPIC.

BTW -Judging both fighter's styles I am taking SILVA at anything (-240) or closer to ML.

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

This fight will never happen, mark my words.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders FTW View Post
    This fight will never happen, mark my words.
    Dana White and Anderson Silva just agreed to it dummy.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

These fights won't happen any time soon.

UFC is so pathetic right now they need to have these guys winning not beating each other.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    yeah but will Anderson agree with GSP's stipulations? GSP wants Anderson to come down to his weight

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah but will Anderson agree with GSP's stipulations? GSP wants Anderson to come down to his weight
    Nah GSP is gonna have to bulk up a little.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Silva would win

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post

They have agreed to the fight for about 3 years, GSP won't agree, and that is what matters. He doesn't want to fight Anderson.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    This is bullshit. I personally don't think this fight should happen and Dana White basically forcing GSP to do it is bullshit.

Fukk Anderson Silva for calling out the "little guy". Call out Jon Jones mother fuller. He already has fought fights at 205. If he can make 170 I'm all about it but Silva walks around at 225. No way he could make that cut.

Silva vs Jones SHOULD be the huge mega fight.
    Anderson Silva's out of camp weight is, at the most, 220. He's usually EDIT: -not- much more than that. He doesn't cut much weight, and Ed Soares has openly stated recently that Anderson could make 170 if he wanted to. He fought at that weight before entering the UFC, and was ranked the number one welterweight in the world for some time.

The physical difference between Jones (who probably couldn't even make 200 lbs) and Silva is much greater than the difference between Silva and GSP, not to mention that both are stylistic nightmares for him. If anything, I think GSP is the tougher of the two fights. I don't see why everyone favours Silva so much.

You have unreasonable expectations.
    Last edited by MD; 11-18-12 at 09:57 PM.

Judgejoebrwn
    Judgejoebrwn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    These fights won't happen any time soon.

UFC is so pathetic right now they need to have these guys winning not beating each other.
    Pathetic? Seriously? And what do you mean "They need to have these guys winning.." THEY'VE BEEN DOING NOTHING BUT! There will always be "the next guy in line". And he will always get beat against these 3 (Jones/Silva/GSP). This is a sport. For entertainment. It's better for all parties involved if they capitalize on this advantage of having the best P4P fighter on Earth right in the middle of the next two. Superfights were huge draws since day one of the UFC, but have had little chance of ever occurring nowadays due to weight classes. To NOT take this opportunity to have Silva fight GSP and/or Jones would be asinine.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Anderson Silva's out of camp weight is, at the most, 220. He's usually much more than that. He doesn't cut much weight, and Ed Soares has openly stated recently that Anderson could make 170 if he wanted to. He fought at that weight before entering the UFC, and was ranked the number one welterweight in the world for some time.

The physical difference between Jones (who probably couldn't even make 200 lbs) and Silva is much greater than the difference between Silva and GSP, not to mention that both are stylistic nightmares for him. If anything, I think GSP is the tougher of the two fights. I don't see why everyone favours Silva so much.

Unreasonable expectations? Sir, please. Silva has had trouble making 185 before. There is NO WAY he could make 170 and nobody would expect him to. If he can make 170 i dont have any problem with it. The bottom line is Anderson is calling out the small guy. If you want to call someone out call out the bigger guy IN THE DIVISON YOU HAVE HAD SEVERAL FIGHTS. When has GSP ever fought a middleweight? Anderson fights a 205'r every other fight. It just doesnt make sense. If Jon Jones and Anderson Silva stood next to each other I think youd be a little suprised how insignificant the size difference would be.

Its just chicken shit if you ask me. Calling out the smaller guy who poses less of a threat just to pad your career that much more. We all know that Jones would be a MUCH harder fight for him. Come on, man...

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders FTW View Post
    They have agreed to the fight for about 3 years, GSP won't agree, and that is what matters. He doesn't want to fight Anderson.
    Can you blame him? You think Ben Henderson wants to fight GSP? I really really doubt it. Does GSP want to fight Silva? Nope. Silva want to fight Jones? Fukk no. Jones want to fight JDS? Really doubt it.

All the sudden GSP is getting singled out. Why does that have to be the mega fight? I think if a champion wants to call out the champion of a weight class ABOVE his then make it happen.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Silva vs Jones won't happen, but this fight will happen.

GSP should fight Diaz first before going against Silva. GSP needs to clean out his division.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I agree with you Mantle...

I for once want to see Anderson fight someone who is favored over him, i want to see his skill tested. I want to see what he does when a man is physically superior.

That being said, he keeps saying he does not want jon jones, yet Sonnen is the one fighting him who lost to silva 2x

What a joke the GSP Anderson fight will be

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Unreasonable expectations? Sir, please. Silva has had trouble making 185 before. There is NO WAY he could make 170 and nobody would expect him to. If he can make 170 i dont have any problem with it. The bottom line is Anderson is calling out the small guy. If you want to call someone out call out the bigger guy IN THE DIVISON YOU HAVE HAD SEVERAL FIGHTS. When has GSP ever fought a middleweight? Anderson fights a 205'r every other fight. It just doesnt make sense. If Jon Jones and Anderson Silva stood next to each other I think youd be a little suprised how insignificant the size difference would be.

Its just chicken shit if you ask me. Calling out the smaller guy who poses less of a threat just to pad your career that much more. We all know that Jones would be a MUCH harder fight for him. Come on, man...
    name one time that Silva had trouble making 185??? I have never noticed silva looking sick at weigh ins or coming in over his weight limit. You can't just make shit up and try to pound home a bad point using false evidence to support it.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

He used that excuse after the Maia fight to be exact. Is it really that hard for you to believe that a guy that weighs 225 had a hard time cutting to 185? That's 40 pounds. It doesn't take a genius to realize that if you go a little too far off your diet and Andersons getting a little older he might have trouble with a weight cut.

What's the bad point? Silva calling out GSP but says he won't fight Jones is chicken shit in my book.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Where is that Anderson Silva nut hugger Rubber guard hiding

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Anderson Silva's out of camp weight is, at the most, 220. He's usually much more than that. He doesn't cut much weight, and Ed Soares has openly stated recently that Anderson could make 170 if he wanted to. He fought at that weight before entering the UFC, and was ranked the number one welterweight in the world for some time.

I'm here and I agree with this.

GSP fought Serra twice and Sherk once. Both 5'6 midgets with 67 inch reach.

He fought Penn twice and those were some of the biggest fights of his career. Penn was a LW.

GSP fans used to pee their pants over the fact that I guess GSP used to take Rashad Evans down in practice. So why can't he take down a MW with average wrestling?

The same people that back GSP not fighting Anderson because it somehow isn't fair are the same who call Silva a coward for not fighting Jones who is a physical beast and 12 years his younger. Explain how that works? Yet Anderson has said he would fight Bones. He was just looking for this big money fight first. Don't worry sports fans. Anderson at close to age 40 will man up over these boys and go to 205 to fight the freakiest phenom the sport has ever seen...in his physical prime. Don't worry guys, old man Anderson will do all the dirty work for these young kids and deliver.
    Last edited by Rubber Guard; 11-18-12 at 09:09 PM.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    name one time that Silva had trouble making 185??? I have never noticed silva looking sick at weigh ins or coming in over his weight limit. You can't just make shit up and try to pound home a bad point using false evidence to support it.
    NOT ONCE!

Dana even said in his interview yesterday that Anderson makes 185 with great ease and you never say "wow he looks drained". That is why he was willing to go to 180. He can. Jones and GSP probably couldn't get too far under their weight class. Anderson makes 185 easily.

And yo Mantle, he doesn't cut from 225. If you believe that then you really have no clue what you are talking about. That is his out of shape weight maybe. That is no where near where he cuts from.

If they both met at 180 I would bet Anderson would be around 200-202 and GSP would be 190-192. And he said he would fight Bones you moron. Read something.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Wow... Omg... Hes willing to drop to 180. That's 5 fukkn pounds dipshit. He needs to make 170. If he can make it with "ease" then why are we even talking about 180 dumbfukk?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

How's Anderson's dikk taste btw?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Oh, you want me to read something? Read this you stupid fuk.. http://www.mmaconvert.com/2012/10/14...it-can-happen/
    Silva saying making excuses why he DOESN'T want to fight Jones.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Want me to pull up the article where he's quoted talking about having trouble with the weight cut before the Maia fight or have I made you look stupid enough to just shut up now?

Rubber Guard

Considering that article is from October 14th. And Anderson just said last night that he wants to fight GSP then Bones. I would say you look like the retard.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

How about just one more.. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...doK69M4ahyHPLw

Silva walking around the neighborhood of 230. Who's the one that needs to read something you fukkn dummy?

Rubber Guard

Considering Jon Jones is picking on the 2nd best MW doing a reality series...how would you like for him to ask to fight Bones? When Bones is scheduled to fight in April?

Why skip over the fact that Bones is on record of saying he doesn't want to fight Anderson?

Again, you are a moron.

Rubber Guard

How about just one more.. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...doK69M4ahyHPLw

Silva walking around the neighborhood of 230. Who's the one that needs to read something you fukkn dummy?
    Dummy? Haha....

Do you know the difference between what he walks around at out of shape. And what he actually cuts from after a several week training camp? Or is that too much to ask from you?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Considering that article is from October 14th. And Anderson just said last night that he wants to fight GSP then Bones. I would say you look like the retard.
    Silva is so full of shit. He's said it everywhere he doesn't want to fight Jones but all of the sudden he does BUT he wants GSP first. Get the Fukk outta here...

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Dummy? Haha....

Do you know the difference between what he walks around at out of shape. And what he actually cuts from after a several week training camp? Or is that too much to ask from you?
    Are you seriously that stupid? He enters training camp every time around that weight. Do I need to draw it out for you?

Rubber Guard

Silva is so full of shit. He's said it everywhere he doesn't want to fight Jones but all of the sudden he does BUT he wants GSP first. Get the Fukk outta here...
    Why would he go up in weight...and then try to come back down under 185? How would that make any sense? At this point he wants big money fights. As the case with all great fighters at the tail end of his career. He wanted to fight GSP then Bones. But now it looks like he will defend at 185 a couple times then fight Bones as his retirement fight. At least that is my guess.

Not sure why you throw a hissy fit over the fact Anderson isn't calling out Bones right this second. When Bones is doing a penetrating reality show. Whats the hurry? GSp sat on the fence and led people on for a couple years about this fight. Now he basically tells us no. That is fine. Anderson offered to do a #1 vs. #2 fight and GSP declined. That is fine. Silva will be put in there with someone else now.

Rubber Guard

Are you seriously that stupid? He enters training camp every time around that weight. Do I need to draw it out for you?
    You said he cuts from 225. He doesn't. He enters camp as a slob fat man. Fighters don't cut water weight until fight week.

He doesn't cut from 225. Again, you are a moron for thinking he does and must have zero clue how this all works.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

yeah if silva wants a good fight he needs to fight jones.

gsp probably doesn't even have to cut weight to be a welter weight.

dana white could get run over by a freight train for all i care. punk ass tries to throw his prized fighters under the bus to save his ugly mug.

even though he made ufc what it is today, i really hate the fukker and hope one of the fighters lose it and kick his fukkin ass.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Well BEFORE last night Silva said he did not want to fight Jones but he does want to fight GSP. It's simple as that. Why call out the smaller of the two champions? It's not a matter of timing. Mega fights have no bearing on time.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    yeah if silva wants a good fight he needs to fight jones.

gsp probably doesn't even have to cut weight to be a welter weight.

dana white could get run over a freight train for all i care. punk ass tries to throw his prized fighters under the bus to save his ugly mug.

even though he made ufc what it is today, i really hate the fukker and hope one of the fighters lose it and kick his fukkin ass.
    GSP cuts from 190 to 193. You have to be kidding me if you think he cuts no weight.

1234 Last