Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

When I say cut I was referring to the time he enters camp. I know the difference between the two cuts dont, get me wrong.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    When I say cut I was referring to the time he enters camp. I know the difference between the two cuts dont, get me wrong.
    The weight he enters camp at isn't relevant, though, because on fight night he's far below that weight.

I appreciate you not being rude in your replies, by the way. I saw you and Rubber Guard calling eachother idiots, so when I replied I hoped you wouldn't misinterpret my post as an attack on you. Just trying to discuss the facts, I have no desire to be involved in any e-drama.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Me neither. All those guys came at me. I'll be the bigger man and say you were right about Silva fighting at WW. I was pretty suprised actually. I'd be amazed if he could make that weight now. I guess we'll soon find out.
    Points Awarded:

MD gave Mantle7 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Me neither. All those guys came at me. I'll be the bigger man and say you were right about Silva fighting at WW. I was pretty suprised actually. I'd be amazed if he could make that weight now. I guess we'll soon find out.
    at least you're man enough to admit you were full of shit with the previous dog shit you posted...

MD

Yeah, a lot of people don't realize that that's where he actually made his name. For some background, when he beat Hayato Sakurai (who he said was his most difficult opponent, along with Franklin, after the Chael fight), Sakurai was the concensus #1 welterweight in the world, and many considered him to be the best very best, number one pound for pound fighter in the world, also. Welterweight fights in Shooto at the time were at 168, also, so it was a slightly harder cut than you'd imagine.

If he can make the cut now, it would be a draining one, I'd think. The only thing we can do is compare him to other fighters for reference. Francis Carmont has a similar body type; an inch taller than Anderson with a similar (from what I'm aware, longer) reach, and he is much more muscular. Michael Page (check this kid out if you're not familiar with him, he's a Youtube sensation now; he's beating cans, but the guy is a freak) is an inch taller than Anderson and has a similar body type; his reach appears to be longer, too.

This guy fights at 170.

Size isn't the only factor in weight cutting, granted; age can impair someone's ability to cut weight greatly. Just look at Rich Franklin. All in all, though, I do believe that Silva could make the cut to 170 lbs with some difficulty, but without significantly affecting his fighting ability.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-05-15 at 03:57 PM. Reason: image does not exist
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Eh, Fukk you babycakes. I've already buried your sorry ass.

FindTheLock

Eh, Fukk you babycakes. I've already buried your sorry ass.
    sober up sugar lips. The anderson has trouble making 185 was a self burial...

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Well, i don't drink or do drugs and you've forced me to pull up the article where he says he had a bad cut before the Maia fight which was why he looked sluggish in 4 and 5. Brb

FindTheLock

Well, i don't drink or do drugs and you've forced me to pull up the article where he says he had a bad cut before the Maia fight which was why he looked sluggish in 4 and 5. Brb
    waiting...

FindTheLock

It's gotta be fun to make shit up out of your 1rst grade homeroom classes.

FindTheLock

still waiting.... come on buddy bring it home for your fellow elementary school drop outs!

MD

You should let this go.

It's an internet forum, sir. If we're not above this, none of us are above elementary school drop-outs, either.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You should let this go.

It's an internet forum, sir. If we're not above this, none of us are above elementary school drop-outs, either.
    yeah yeah. Don't ruin my buzz. If I was sober I wouldn't persist. I bought some Sake and have nothing to do until Tuesday Am. Let me pour it on him for being disrespectful. Quit trying to be mother Teresa

Mantle7
    Death Stare

You're lucky I can't find it fagboy. Dumbshit loser drinking on a Sunday night.

FindTheLock

You're lucky I can't find it fagboy. Dumbshit loser drinking on a Sunday night.
    it's a good thing I gave you some ammunition hahahaha. You make shit up like a school girl with rumors about jessica being a slut. You can't find it because it is total BS...

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Yah yah... Have fun drinking by yourself you fukkn loser.

FindTheLock

Yah yah... Have fun drinking by yourself you fukkn loser.
    At least I am honest!! You are 100 percent full of shit buddy

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Drinking on a Sunday night by yourself trying to keep an EBeef going.
    You're a fukkn loser fagboy and this conversation is over.

FindTheLock

Drinking on a Sunday night by yourself trying to keep an EBeef going.
    You're a fukkn loser fagboy and this conversation is over.
    Good, surrender is the best option for you at this point.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

It was over at post 79 and 80 fagboy when you completely contradicted yourself.

Have a good night drinking by yourself. Hahaha.

FindTheLock

It was over at post 79 and 80 fagboy when you completely contradicted yourself.

Have a good night drinking by yourself. Hahaha.
    Have fun making up rumors about professional fighters that could kick your ass, without ANY evidence whatsoever. Silva is a 5000 pound silver back gorilla

Judgejoebrwn
    Judgejoebrwn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

First of all, Fukk you Judge Joe Brown.

Secondly, I said that Silva is the most dominant fighter in the history of MMA and nowhere do I discredit him.

Thanks for stopping bye dipshit.
    You've taken more positions in this thread than Mitt Romney did in the election. You like to nitpick things out of people's comments to suit your case. By that logic, I could say "I never said YOU discredited him", regardless if I implied it or not. You also, as FindTheLock pointed out, just make shit up.

Case in point, Silva is at the point in his career where fighting the best in the world is the only option. There's nobody left at MW (Bisping has no chance, let's be honest. Weidman is closest, but needs to destroy Boetch before you can make a strong case for him, which I think he will) so he has to go one way or the other. He's going to take the fight that generates the most draw that fans want to see, not the "easier" fight. He made comments like "I'd rather fight GSP than Jones. I'll get hit less" for entertainment purposes, not because he legitimately thinks GSP is easier. I personally think GSP would be more difficult for him than Jones and there are more people that would like to see it, given their respective tenures and fans over those time frames.

This whole post was basically worthless as either superfight would be amazing to watch, and just because one guy is slightly bigger or slightly smaller will make little difference in actual difficulty for Silva. That makes you a "troll". "Styles make fights", right? GSP's "style" is more dangerous to Silva. Could Silva KO him in round 1 (or any round for that matter)? Absolutely. And if it happens, I'm sure it would spark a slew of people who would say "It was a clear mismatch" and you'd be dead wrong. Silva has a statistically better chance of beating Jones than GSP, though he'd be a favorite over either.

MD

Jones would open around -140 against Silva, I'd guess. I can almost guarantee you Jones would be the favourite by fight night, if not.

The public sentiment is very much that Jones would destroy Silva and finish him. Not a sentiment I agree with (70/30 Silva, I think), but it's definitely what the public thinks.
    Last edited by MD; 11-19-12 at 10:11 AM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Judgejoebrwn View Post
    You've taken more positions in this thread than Mitt Romney did in the election. You like to nitpick things out of people's comments to suit your case. By that logic, I could say "I never said YOU discredited him", regardless if I implied it or not. You also, as FindTheLock pointed out, just make shit up.

Case in point, Silva is at the point in his career where fighting the best in the world is the only option. There's nobody left at MW (Bisping has no chance, let's be honest. Weidman is closest, but needs to destroy Boetch before you can make a strong case for him, which I think he will) so he has to go one way or the other. He's going to take the fight that generates the most draw that fans want to see, not the "easier" fight. He made comments like "I'd rather fight GSP than Jones. I'll get hit less" for entertainment purposes, not because he legitimately thinks GSP is easier. I personally think GSP would be more difficult for him than Jones and there are more people that would like to see it, given their respective tenures and fans over those time frames.

This whole post was basically worthless as either superfight would be amazing to watch, and just because one guy is slightly bigger or slightly smaller will make little difference in actual difficulty for Silva. That makes you a "troll". "Styles make fights", right? GSP's "style" is more dangerous to Silva. Could Silva KO him in round 1 (or any round for that matter)? Absolutely. And if it happens, I'm sure it would spark a slew of people who would say "It was a clear mismatch" and you'd be dead wrong. Silva has a statistically better chance of beating Jones than GSP, though he'd be a favorite over either.
    Are u fuking kidding me with this post? To think GSP is a bigger risk than Bones is comical at the highest of levels. BTW Mantle where the fuk were you when i made a thread basically saying the same thing as u said? U are discussing this with a lot of A Silva nut huggers so this is a hard one to debate. The bottom line is you want to see what u feel is a great fight and that is Bones vs Silva. Silva wants no part of Jones even tho these nut huggers think he does. Now if they offer him another scrub at 205 he will be right there to fight. I will take either fight since im a huge fight fan but the real one i want to see is Silva vs Jones even tho i think GSP will give him a terrific fight. Boring but terrific.

Judgejoebrwn

Jones would open around -140 against Silva, I'd guess. I can almost guarantee you Jones would be the favourite by fight night, if not.

The public sentiment is very much that Jones would destroy Silva and finish him. Not a sentiment I agree with (70/30 Silva, I think), but it's definitely what the public thinks.
    I would love to see Silva open as a dog. I would bet my (small) bankroll on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Are u fuking kidding me with this post? To think GSP is a bigger risk than Bones is comical at the highest of levels.
    What exactly is comical about it? Keep in mind I'm also a JBJ fan when you read this next question: what threat does Jones pose? What about his game is dangerous for Silva?

Striking? Silva is the best striker in the UFC today. Even with a ~7" reach advantage, Silva's evasion and precision completely outclass Jones. I'm fairly confident Jones would fair better taking Silva to the ground (as would almost anyone).

Wrestling? Jones certainly has an advantage here, but is nowhere near as accomplished in wrestling as the potential Olympian in GSP. Jones was a great high school wrestler and that's about it. This would be Jones' best shot and to utilize his elbows from Silva's guard, but he'll be relying more on strength to pull Silva to the ground. GSP is quicker and far more technical, giving him just as much of a chance (if not moreso) of getting Silva to the ground utilizing explosion and leverage.

BJJ? Not even worth discussing.

I just think people are overvaluing the weight statistic. In the grand scheme, especially when you're referring to the best of the best fighters in the world, I think weight plays a much smaller role when compared to skillset. A strong and competent wrestler poses the most threat to Silva and GSP is better than Jones. I really don't see how that concept is so ridiculously humorous.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

the point of the OP is bang on...the big guy should NEVER call out the little guy...(i think it's Dana pulling the strings on this, not Anderson)...if he wants to call out anyone, let him call out Jon Jones (a MUCH differerent entity than Griffin or Bonnar)...

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

i hope this fight happens

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Mantle knows his MMA
    Not in this thread. Silva can make 185 and GSP better get to 180 if you want a fair compromise. Otherwise

GSP will just look like a little b*tch that doesn't want his @ss destroyed if he doesn't agree to that.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Judgejoebrwn View Post
    I would love to see Silva open as a dog. I would bet my (small) bankroll on it.

What exactly is comical about it? Keep in mind I'm also a JBJ fan when you read this next question: what threat does Jones pose? What about his game is dangerous for Silva?
    His striking for one thing would be a whole different animal than GSP. When has Anderson had to deal with this sheer size and reach advantage? Yes Jones striking isn't the greatest but that size and reach is awful to deal with and sets up so many other different things
    Striking?
    Silva is the best striker in the UFC today. Even with a ~7" reach advantage, Silva's evasion and precision completely outclass Jones. I'm fairly confident Jones would fair better taking Silva to the ground (as would almost anyone).

Wrestling? Jones certainly has an advantage here, but is nowhere near as accomplished in wrestling as the potential Olympian in GSP. Jones was a great high school wrestler and that's about it. This would be Jones' best shot and to utilize his elbows from Silva's guard, but he'll be relying more on strength to pull Silva to the ground. GSP is quicker and far more technical, giving him just as much of a chance (if not moreso) of getting Silva to the ground utilizing explosion and leverage. Again the size and strength of Jones is way to much here. Have u seen what he has done to these world class wrestlers at 205? His Grecco Roman strength has made it look like he has toyed with these top wrestlers

BJJ? Not even worth discussing. U ever see the way Jones chokes out guys? Ask Machida about Jones chokes. Machida a BJJ black belt. Im not saying Jones is great at BJJ but has handled all these black belts in the past with a wrestling, reach, top game with terrific elbows.

I just think people are overvaluing the weight statistic. In the grand scheme, especially when you're referring to the best of the best fighters in the world, I think weight plays a much smaller role when compared to skillset. A strong and competent wrestler poses the most threat to Silva and GSP is better than Jones. I really don't see how that concept is so ridiculously humorous. Gsp gets Anderson down it will be a match to see if he can avoid subs and get in some ground and pound. Jones gets him down it is over.
    I love the talent of alll the fighters mention and feel Jones would be a whole different animal than GSP would be. I think GSP has the best takedowns in MMa but JOnes just has so many advantages that a takedown by him would be terrible for Silva because of that reach and u bet Jones has finally learned not to leave an arm out there dangling to be taken. On another note i just watched some inside MMA shows i had taped. The one Ed Soares was on he was all giddy about a match with GSP. When the question was switched to Jones he did a total about face with the subject. On another show Anderson is now saying that he would ask for half the UFC value to fight Jones. Anderson is not only a great fighter but a great marketer too. Only massive amount of money is gonna get him to fight Jones and nothing else. He would fight GsP for far less.

Judgejoebrwn

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I love the talent of alll the fighters mention and feel Jones would be a whole different animal than GSP would be. I think GSP has the best takedowns in MMa but JOnes just has so many advantages that a takedown by him would be terrible for Silva because of that reach and u bet Jones has finally learned not to leave an arm out there dangling to be taken. On another note i just watched some inside MMA shows i had taped. The one Ed Soares was on he was all giddy about a match with GSP. When the question was switched to Jones he did a total about face with the subject. On another show Anderson is now saying that he would ask for half the UFC value to fight Jones. Anderson is not only a great fighter but a great marketer too. Only massive amount of money is gonna get him to fight Jones and nothing else. He would fight GsP for far less.
    First to your bolded retorts:

Striking - yes, Jones striking is more dangerous than GSP's striking due to the reach advantage, but it's still mediocre when compared to Silva. Jones' best striking weapon by far is elbows, and those will only land on Silva on the ground. Because Silva has the clear advantage, Jones presents very little danger on the feet.

Wrestling - What world-class wrestlers has he destroyed? The Matyushenko fight lasted less than two minutes and Bader even fell victim to Ortiz. Evans is the only one that fits the description and that fight was standing most of the time.

BJJ - He can choke guys out more easily due to lanky limbs. Same is true for Struve. A neck crank against the cage is not so much impressive BJJ as it is clever use of his stature. Your consensus on how he beats BJJ guys (or anyone for that matter) is accurate, just as Hughes proved when he steamrolled Gracie.

Outside of wrestling, the biggest threat GSP has to offer Silva is experience. Remember that Jones has only been fighting top level competition only for the last 5-6 fights, some on short notice (Vitor), some against past-their-primes (Rampage). Silva and GSP have fought the best to enter AND leave their respective divisions for years. They've seen it all, fought 'em all, and beat 'em all. GSP comes off a 14+ month layoff of no training and completely dominates the best guy in the division in Condit. Condit put up a great fight as well, and it just paled in comparison. A rejuvenated GSP is an incredibly dangerous opponent for anyone, Silva included, and should be treated like one.

As for Jones, you claim if he gets Silva to the ground, it's over. And I would disagree. The only time Silva has spent virtually any time on his back was against Sonnen, who is a superior wrestler to Jones no question. He took 200+ punches (albeit quite weak) with an injured rib and still pulled out a submission on a sleeping Sonnen. If (and most likely when) Jones got Silva down, I'd be quite interested to see how well Silva attacks off his back. I don't think we've seen what he is capable of yet and it could be surprising, if that's a term you can even use when describing one of the greatest of all time.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

It seems the consensus is that GSP, Silva and Jones are off the charts and the biggest thing that separates them is size. The smaller guy would be the dog in either fight IMO

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

bovada opened the line

Judgejoebrwn

God it's weird to see that line. I think it's accurate, but still to see Silva fighting anyone that has him at less than -200 and to see GSP as +money against someone. Just crazy.

First 1234