The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Cain Velasquez vs. Shane Carwin

A battle between rising heavyweights Cain Velasquez and Shane Carwin is set for UFC 104 in October, MMAWeekly has learned.

Fiveouncesofpain was the first to report the match-up, and it was subsequently confirmed by sources close to the fight.

Carwin (11-0) was recently cleared for hard training after suffering a broken nose at UFC 96 that required surgery. The 34 year-old Colorado native was going down a hard road with former contender Gabriel Gonzaga before his right hand stopped the Brazilian in his tracks. The finish immediately put him on the list of heavyweight contenders.

Velasquez (6-0) is coming off an important career victory as well, running the striking gauntlet of Cheik Kongo to wrestle his way to a decision victory. The 26 year-old American Kickboxing Academy product has come up fast in the ranks with his aggressive style and collegiate wrestling credentials.

As it stands, the two should be each other's toughest test to date.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 12:05 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Riot
    Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man i like em both. I think if your going to bet tho, the obvious answer is Valezquez tho. He took some shots from Kongo and still got the takedown. He was pissed after his last fight, wasnt happy that he didnt finish. Hes a wrestler, so he is going to go punish himself in the gym and get even better for this bout. Carwins hands are heavy, but he cant strike when hes on his back, and The only way to get up when Valezquez gets you down is a lil help from the ref. would rather see these guys fight Veterans instead of each other, but oh well

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I was disappointed when I saw this matchup. I was hoping this fight woudn't happen until further down the road.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Like Carwin in this one for sure. Cain is too raw right now and his wrestling is going to be cancelled out in this one. Carwin was a division II national champion and his takedowns/takdown defense are on par with anyone in the heavyweight division. Carwin will have the definite standup and strength advantage. Cain took some shots from Kongo but Kongo doesn't have heavy hands. If Cain comes in with the same head movement and straight forward approach as he had against Kongo he'll be face first on the canvas.

I would've liked to see this one a little down the road as well. Now with the new rumours about Cro-Cop possibly not going to dream and coming back to the UFC, maybe we won't see these 2 go at it.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Early Bodog line

Carwin -140
    Velasquez +110

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

The better wrestler wins this one.

Snaggle
    Snaggle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Velasquez's chin is made of iron, but thats not gonna help him against Carwin. He suffered bunch of nice blows from Kongo, but still won. Against Carwin, he cant stand gettin hit like that even once, he'll get knocked out in the 1st round. Gonna bet KO of the night on thisone