Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Does anyone listen to the Joe rogan experience podcast?

Number 1 on itunes now..

I've listened to all 133 podcasts and they keep getting better..

A must for anyone bored at work.

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

what are the topics? anything and everything?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

just listened to victor conte on his podcast. interesting shit...

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Yea Rogan podcast is the shit when they actually have someone interesting on, redban is annoying though

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by OneLossParlayGuy View Post
    what are the topics? anything and everything?

I would imagine mostly MMA stuff

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of story telling that's all

No thanks

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

What's really entertaining is the kind of guests they bring on to the show and the atmosphere its in. Some of the guests are epic

tanner
    tanner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2359

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    What's really entertaining is the kind of guests they bring on to the show and the atmosphere its in. Some of the guests are epic
    agree. if they got rid of Redban, it would be perfect. guy's a fuckin tool

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I would imagine mostly MMA stuff
    Surprisingly, they rarely discuss MMA. It's mostly stoner talk about the universe and conspiracies and stuff. It's a pretty good listen if you like that stuff. Very unique.

I enjoy the JRE podcasts, but I have to say, they need to stop with the fukking 10+ minutes of ads at the beginning of every show!!! It's a joke! He says the same shit every day for 10+ fukking minutes! They actually think people listen to that shit? No one does! They just fast forward until the lame ads are over. It's a chore to do, though, since they weave some of the talking point in with them, so I'm always a little lost when they get past the ad part. Very frustrating. They need to cut that shit out and just have a couple 30 second ads tops. 10+ minutes is insane.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Guy comes off like an uneducated roid head to me without a sense of humor. Looking more like an MMA wanna be and Dana White's flunky pitch guy.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

gabe personally knows redban, and is apart of the deathsquad

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

lol i'm not part of any squad

i'm too leet for that

but i do know everyone in the deathsquad, yeah.

i haven't been into the recent guests... i prefer comics and mma fighters as guests. don't care for keven pereira and the like.

danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

I listen to the commercials.. they are hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Surprisingly, they rarely discuss MMA. It's mostly stoner talk about the universe and conspiracies and stuff. It's a pretty good listen if you like that stuff. Very unique.

I enjoy the JRE podcasts, but I have to say, they need to stop with the fukking 10+ minutes of ads at the beginning of every show!!! It's a joke! He says the same shit every day for 10+ fukking minutes! They actually think people listen to that shit? No one does! They just fast forward until the lame ads are over. It's a chore to do, though, since they weave some of the talking point in with them, so I'm always a little lost when they get past the ad part. Very frustrating. They need to cut that shit out and just have a couple 30 second ads tops. 10+ minutes is insane.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Used to listen to Rogan alot before I realized how annoying he can be. He overanalyzes and drones on about the same recycled topics and it becomes far too frustrating to listen to. Also not a fan at all of his comedy. Rogan's brand of humor is can be very unoriginal, hacky, and shallow. Some of his guest interviews are definitely worth a listen but there are far too many unlistenable episodes of that unfunny douchebag Duncan Trussell, or the supposed "funniest man on the planet" in Joey Diaz. Someone tell Rogan that being a loudmouth who curses alot is not funny. They need more Dom Irrera, Brody Stevens, less of Duncan Trussell.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Any podcast with Andy Kindler or Norm Macdonald is worth a listen. Also have become a huge fan of he Earwolf podcass, specifically Comedy Bang Bang. Paul F Tompkins, Nick Kroll, Andy Daly are all fantastic.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Used to listen to Rogan alot before I realized how annoying he can be. He overanalyzes and drones on about the same recycled topics and it becomes far too frustrating to listen to. Also not a fan at all of his comedy. Rogan's brand of humor is can be very unoriginal, hacky, and shallow. Some of his guest interviews are definitely worth a listen but there are far too many unlistenable episodes of that unfunny douchebag Duncan Trussell, or the supposed "funniest man on the planet" in Joey Diaz. Someone tell Rogan that being a loudmouth who curses alot is not funny. They need more Dom Irrera, Brody Stevens, less of Duncan Trussell.
    What? You don't like hearing about how Joe Rogan grew up 100 times? Or how DMT is a portal to another dimension?

Last netcast I tried to listen to was the Immortal Technique one. Turned it off after 30 mins when it was clear Rogan was going to hi jack every topic and steer it back to his own personal experiences. I don't think he realizes people listen for the guests not 200 podcasts about how Joe Rogan grew up and hated his real father and lived next to some lesbians in San Francisco.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 10-20-12 at 03:46 AM.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Name:  TYRONEBIGGUMS.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  16.5 KB

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    I don't think he realizes people listen for the guests not 200 podcasts about how Joe Rogan grew up and hated his real father and lived next to some lesbians in San Francisco.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Joey Diaz is the funniest comedian I have seen in person.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Any podcast with Andy Kindler or Norm Macdonald is worth a listen. Also have become a huge fan of he Earwolf podcass, specifically Comedy Bang Bang. Paul F Tompkins, Nick Kroll, Andy Daly are all fantastic.
    My friend James does the Bang Bang podcast a lot, as different characters. He's a frequent guest. Nick Kroll is great as Bobby Bottleservice.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Defact is a big fan i believe.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always thought joe rogan was the guy from fear factor.
    I never watch mma and know nothing about it

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i think that is his twin brother but not sure.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    He was the guy from Fear Factor

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    My friend James does the Bang Bang podcast a lot, as different characters. He's a frequent guest. Nick Kroll is great as Bobby Bottleservice.
    Adomian?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Adomian?
    yes, a fellow armenian

Vitooch
    Dayman

His Jesse Ventura impression is just phenomenal

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

His Jesse Ventura impression is just phenomenal
    haha yeah i love it, he does so many great ones

ermzzy
    ermzzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

its the best podcast ever, alot of intelligent conversations and its penetrating hilarious.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    What? You don't like hearing about how Joe Rogan grew up 100 times? Or how DMT is a portal to another dimension?

Last netcast I tried to listen to was the Immortal Technique one. Turned it off after 30 mins when it was clear Rogan was going to hi jack every topic and steer it back to his own personal experiences. I don't think he realizes people listen for the guests not 200 podcasts about how Joe Rogan grew up and hated his real father and lived next to some lesbians in San Francisco.
    ha yeah he loves the lesbian story!

I haven't listened to one in a while, partly for same reasons as Vitooch said. The same shiit just kept being said every other episode and as Sideloaded said Rogan does seem to cut dudes off at times and jus go off on a tangent about something which is pretty mundane to 99% of people but somehow he gets a boner over it!

In terms of his stand-up, I didn't think he was very good at all but when I went to see him live it was funny as hell. Maybe it was more because of how he delivers rather than the actual content though. Trussel's was also surprisingly good.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Defact is a big fan i believe.