DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Boetsch is very lucky.

1) He cuts to 185, faces Kendall Grove, a tall dude who does not know how to use his reach and length AT ALL. A wrestler like Boetsch had no trouble controlling him. My bet on Grove, albeit small, was one of the worst bets I've ever made. This was pretty much a gift fight for Boetsch, and the UFC knew Grove sucked and wanted him gone. I should have seen that.

2) He fights Nick Ring, and gets his ass kicked in the first round. Nick ring gasses like usual, and Boetsch takes over, and squeezes out a decision, mostly because Ring was too gassed in the 3rd round, so it was all Boetsch. If Ring had cardio for 2 rounds instead of 1, this would have been a loss for Boetsch.

3) He faces Yushin Okami, and gets COMPLETELY man-handled for two entire rounds. Okami comes into the 3rd, completely gassed, and Boetsch still has his cardio going for him, so he puts his hands on Okami, and that does it. Even Andy Ogle could have knocked Okami out in that 3rd round.

4) He gets thrown against the wolves in a fight vs Hector Lombard, which he was supposed to lose...and did lose, really. Lombard was fighting injured, so we were not seeing the same Hector Lombard with killer instinct. He hurt Boetsch a few times, but didn't follow up with anything to put him away. Gotta blame that on the injury, nothing else makes sense. Tim Boetsch ran around the entire fight, threw a shot here and there, but at the end of the day, Hector Lombard landed the better strikes in every round, and did more damage. It was a clear 30-27 victory for Hector, but Boetsch's luck continues, and the judges reward him the win. There are people who think Boetsch actually did win. These are people who don't have all their marbles.

5) He's fighting Weidman, who is a way better wrestler and striker. He's got zero chance, kinda like he did against Lombard. Maybe Weidman comes in injured, does enough to win every round, and manages to lose a split decision? Ha... Anything can happen in MMA, such bullsh*t.
    Well done. Weidman should be fighting Anderson if he runs through Boetsch, which I believe he will. It's going to be a beat down similar to what Anderson did to Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar me thinks.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Weidman vs boetsch should be similar to Davisvs boetsch
    no breakdown needed.
    Im all in well all in as in the money from my comission check

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I'd rather see Koch/Lamas and Wineland/Pickett on main card instead of Griffin/Davis, Belcher/Okami, and Weidman/Boetsch.
    There is a great possiblity that those three fights u listed could be terrible fights. This is stupid to have all three on the main card. Who the hell is even interested in watching Forrest anymore? I think the Belcher one might be the best cause he brings it but Okami is a bore fest. I can't see how Davis and Forrest could be good. Should be like Davis last fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah but UFC like the theory that people who watch entertaining free fights on FX or whatever will then want to spend money to watch the main card PPV...maybe it works with the more casual fans who dont know the fighters tht well

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah but UFC like the theory that people who watch entertaining free fights on FX or whatever will then want to spend money to watch the main card PPV...maybe it works with the more casual fans who dont know the fighters tht well
    this is exactly their M.O.

those final two FX fights should be prime candidates for FOTN.

Thor4140

i don't know i don't think this fx card is anything to get excited about. I have about had my take of watching Rich Franklin. Is he still the catch weight champ or is he gonna fight a fight at a real weight this fight? I would still rather watch Franklin fight before Forrest tho.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i don't know i don't think this fx card is anything to get excited about. I have about had my take of watching Rich Franklin. Is he still the catch weight champ or is he gonna fight a fight at a real weight this fight? I would still rather watch Franklin fight before Forrest tho.
    I dont know what you mean, whats Franklin got to do with it! Im talkin about the undercard of a PPV being on Fuel or FX or whatever free channel. They put exciting fights like Wineland vs Pickett on that so that it lures people in to paying for the PPV which is immediately after.

Beelzebubzy

So Gsp will never be on an FX prelim then

bazinga

Thor4140

I dont know what you mean, whats Franklin got to do with it! Im talkin about the undercard of a PPV being on Fuel or FX or whatever free channel. They put exciting fights like Wineland vs Pickett on that so that it lures people in to paying for the PPV which is immediately after.
    I thought u were saying this free card coming up they bank on being entertaining so u buy the next pay perview that comes up. yeah i see what u mean. They do that all the time. no need to get hostile

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Michael johnson vs myles jury.

Really? How is this a step up for the menace?

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Another cheap win. Promote the black guys! Not many of them.

Sort of how they want Phil Davis to be a star...yet he never will be.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Jury isn't an easy fight for MJ... Not a step up, and a hard fight... Bad move by him for taking it. He can win it on heart n cardio tho

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Michael johnson vs myles jury.

Really? How is this a step up for the menace?
    yeah interesting choice...I thought Menace would get Njokuani, Dunham, Etim or somebody like tht

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jury isn't an easy fight for MJ... Not a step up, and a hard fight... Bad move by him for taking it. He can win it on heart n cardio tho
    yeah certainly not easy, Jury has a lot of potential

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

fact is if jury can't beat iaquinta, he ain't beating johnson.

can only hope the ufc doesn't cut him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yeah but some fighters perform a lot better outside of TUF...only have to look at Costas Philipou. But nontheless your right, this isnt a good fight for Jury!

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I think this time Velasquez will be in "Gsp/Rashad mode" after the first tko. He won't show any shame in trying desperately to takedown JDS no matter how. Even if he can't do that, at least he will clinch him and start to gas out JDS, taking advantage of his better cardio for the last rounds.
    Davis is a lock, Forrest should be retired, last fight was depressing.
    Velasquez + JDS (KO of the night) and Davis will be my main plays for this card.

Beelzebubzy

[QUOTE=Digo;16529068]I think this time Velasquez will be in "Gsp/Rashad mode" after the first tko. He won't show any shame in trying desperately to takedown JDS no matter how. Even if he can't do that, at least he will clinch him and start to gas out JDS, taking advantage of his better cardio for the last rounds.
    Davis is a lock, Forrest should be retired, last fight was depressing.
    Velasquez + JDS (KO of the night) and Davis will be my main plays for this card.[/QUOT

Do you have odds for Phil?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I wouldn't be so sure that Davis is a lock. His odds are going to be steep and he's probably stylistically one of the better match-ups for Forrest right now as at least Forrest doesn't have to worry about getting flash KO'd with his aging chin. He's got enough experience too avoid getting submitted so your looking at another Davis decision through the odd takedown with some top control like against Lil Nog

Beelzebubzy

I wouldn't be so sure that Davis is a lock. His odds are going to be steep and he's probably stylistically one of the better match-ups for Forrest right now as at least Forrest doesn't have to worry about getting flash KO'd with his aging chin. He's got enough experience too avoid getting submitted so your looking at another Davis decision through the odd takedown with some top control like against Lil Nog
    Add in Forrest is a huge 205er and he has sweeps
    see Tito 2 figh

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Add in Forrest is a huge 205er and he has sweeps
    Griffin's omoplata on shogun is more impressive than his butterfly sweep on ortiz.

regardless, davis is not getting swept by forrest.

pongo7890
    pongo7890's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

I think Joe Lauzon stands a good chance of beating gray Maynard, everyone always underestimates him.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    fact is if jury can't beat iaquinta, he ain't beating johnson.

can only hope the ufc doesn't cut him.
    fact is jury could beat iaquinta lol- just gassed early on tuf... in a rematch, he'd win a 30-27

First 12