gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I'm hoping they think he sucks because of his last loss and I get +450.

Have a few wrastlers that I might Pound.
    pierce or simpson?

and who else?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Dude I lost $$$ on Benoist, Benevidez, and Ogle... I must say, I think they were all legit decisions, hardly robberies. You must be thanking your lucky stars with Bendo and Frankie, because Frankie won that fight, that was a robbery. Just saying...
    They were all bad decisions. Argument can be made for Mighty Mouse, 'cos a couple of the rounds Benavidez shoulda won were close.

If you think Ogle lost, you're nuts. That was a straight-up robbery. When the fighter is SHOCKED that he won, you know it was a bad decision. He even said to Ogle "You won" - Ogle won the fight 30-27, no question about it. Just like Mizugaki beat Cariasco 30-27 and lost the decision. Benoist shoulda been a draw at worst, though I gave the fight to him 29-28. I don't think fighters are winning because I have money on them. It's quite the contrary.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Didnt he get dropped from a head kick when he went for a takedown or sumin? And first round he took a big shot but didnt get dropped, but ran away stunned for a few seconds

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    They were all bad decisions. Argument can be made for Mighty Mouse, 'cos a couple of the rounds Benavidez shoulda won were close.

If you think Ogle lost, you're nuts. That was a straight-up robbery. When the fighter is SHOCKED that he won, you know it was a bad decision. He even said to Ogle "You won" - Ogle won the fight 30-27, no question about it. Just like Mizugaki beat Cariasco 30-27 and lost the decision. Benoist shoulda been a draw at worst, though I gave the fight to him 29-28. I don't think fighters are winning because I have money on them. It's quite the contrary.
    Corassani has since said that he thinks he won the fight after watching it a few times

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    That is why MMA is great to bet. The dogs are 75% live dogs. Unlike boxing.

At the same time though you get such good odds on favorites that are virtual locks. If you bet Silva and GSP the last I don't know, 22 times? You didn't lose. And the juice is usually -300 to -550. Where as boxing virtual locks are -800 to -1500 and up. And 5 round main events usually don't go to the judges, where as boxing has a lot of decisions for the judges to mess up. Tim Bradley won on a terrible decision. Silva or GSP haven't been burned by a bad decision their whole careers.

Then look at Jon Jones who you were able to get at -120 when he won his title. And -300 to -450 many times after that.

If you can spot out the real talents of the sport you can make easy money on them. At the same time there are live dogs on every card.

Plus prop betting is unmatched.
    i think i got jones at like -225 against rua, though i could be mistaken

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

i think i got jones at like -225 against rua, though i could be mistaken
    He may have gotten that high. But I seem to remember Shogun opening as a slight dog and some people thinking he should of been favored.

Looking at bestfightodds Jones opened at -155 and -167 was the best line at fight time.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Yes, clearly betting NFL totals is the sharp way to go.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

I think if Gabes was a fighter he would look like Corassani.
    There was no robbery bro.

1st Round was akira landing hard and effective but 2 knockdowns that did not hurt him.....Ogle was clearly more hurt from the overhand right.

2nd Round was again all akira landing beautifully but ogle got the takedown and IIRC he didnt do much with it (not more than Akira first half of this round)

3rd Round Akira got stucked by lucky Ogle.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    He may have gotten that high. But I seem to remember Shogun opening as a slight dog and some people thinking he should of been favored.

Looking at bestfightodds Jones opened at -155 and -167 was the best line at fight time.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){ jsCall();**else{setTimeout('jsCall()',50 0);**" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Damn I got Jones at -180 and I loved that line. So strange how the champ was the underdog in that fight. Very rare.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

pierce or simpson?

and who else?
    volkmann and levasseur

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Damn I got Jones at -180 and I loved that line. So strange how the champ was the underdog in that fight. Very rare.
    rousey over tate.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    volkmann and levasseur
    ha Think about the common link Gabers

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

rousey over tate.
    Maynard over Edgar

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Maynard over Edgar
    Edgar penn 2 also, right?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

ha Think about the common link Gabers
    yeah, those two i figured he'd be on since fight announcements ha

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Edgar penn 2 also, right?
    ha yeah...no love for The Answer

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

yeah, those two i figured he'd be on since fight announcements ha
    Let's see where the lines come out...

Ellenberger also a wrastler. Lots of lay n prey opportunity on this upcoming card boys!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Cornbin trying to rile up the MMA guys...not wise. Guy is at a serious hog disadvantage to anyone on the boards.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Castillo is a wrestler, too, but I feel weird about that fight. I would love to get Johnson at +200, but I don't think he will be that big a dog again...if it was before the Ferguson fight, he def would have been... I think Johnson has a real good chance and wouldn't count him out, but I kinda feel like Castillo will take a decision.... even if it's a close fight where he loses, I feel like Castillo will take it. Johnson has to put him away or win pretty convincingly to take the decision, I think. I think Castillo has the better shot, but i can't be smart with every fight, so it would be Johnson or no play for me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Castillo is a wrestler, too, but I feel weird about that fight. I would love to get Johnson at +200, but I don't think he will be that big a dog again...if it was before the Ferguson fight, he def would have been... I think Johnson has a real good chance and wouldn't count him out, but I kinda feel like Castillo will take a decision.... even if it's a close fight where he loses, I feel like Castillo will take it. Johnson has to put him away or win pretty convincingly to take the decision, I think. I think Castillo has the better shot, but i can't be smart with every fight, so it would be Johnson or no play for me.
    Johnson is -110 on Paddypower and has been for a couple of weeks now. No way you are getting him anywhere near +200. Castillo ended up being the dog against Cholish after coming out as favourite and I expect we'll see something similar again with this one

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

JJgold should bet on MMA.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

No.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Was Ogle's loss really that big of a robbery? I haven't seen the video of it yet but being at the venue it seemed Corrassani might of deserved it based on the knockdowns. Didnt he knock him down 3 or 4 times? I guess depends how much weight you give to knockdowns and also one of them was just after or on the bell? And did Ogle knock Corassani down in first round? We got to our seat in arena about half way point of the first round so missed some of it
    I don't know about that fight but saying Benavidez and Lombard were robbed is about as asinine as it gets.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post

1st Round was akira landing hard and effective but 2 knockdowns that did not hurt him.....Ogle was clearly more hurt from the overhand right.

2nd Round was again all akira landing beautifully but ogle got the takedown and IIRC he didnt do much with it (not more than Akira first half of this round)

Gabe would be the worst fukin judge and would set MMA back 20 years. I see his losses seem to be all robberies You can't make shit like this up.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

people think cholish is going to win? wtf?

anyways i know jack shit about other sports but mma has to be the easiest sport to bet. lines on major sports are way too sharp, and teams are too close in skill for there to be many guarantees. mma... if you understand how fights actually work... it's usually pretty easy to imagine how the fight is going to go down, or at least quantify the likely possibilities for how the fight will go down.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I don't know about that fight but saying Benavidez and Lombard were robbed is about as asinine as it gets.
    Benavidez was the fight, but I won't call that a straight out robbery. Lombard was most def a robbery. He won all 3 rounds, no question about it. Boetsch was running away the whole fight. Lombard landed way more significant strikes. Every online MMA site scored it for Lombard. This is not the first ridiculous statement you have made.

Usually when i have a lot of money on a fighter, I am panicking throughout the fight. During Lombard's fight, I was as calm as it gets. That means he was winning each round easily and should have gotten a clear cut 30-27, just like everyone else with a brain scored.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Did this guy just say he scored a round for a guy who got KNOCKED DOWN twice in a round? lolllll the only way to undo the 2 knockdowns is to land 100 more sig strikes in that round, which he did not. besides the 2 knockdowns, it was close.

Anyway, the guy who won (Akira) was surprised and admitted to Ogle that it was a wrong decision, so anybody who thinks Akira won has either problems with their vision or just has a screw loose. The guy himself, who was in the fight, knows he lost the fight. Yet clowns come out of the woodwork singing their own tunes.

Grabaka
    Update your status

No, because the judges were not biased like silly Gabers and recognized that those were trip knockdowns or punches that messed his balance. Corassani was landing cleaner all day...

Grabaka
    Update your status

From Sherdog
    Andy Ogle
    vs. Akira Corassani

Round 1
    Slow opening minute as both men test the range with leg kicks and punches. Corassani lands a nice right hand, but Ogle gives him a shot in return that sends the Swede to the canvas. Ogle lets him back up and they continue to circle. Corassani hits the deck again after a big left hand from Ogle connects. This time, Ogle gives chase, but Corassani gets back up and drills Ogle’s ribs with uppercuts before disengaging. Corassani is cut on the left side of his face while Ogle has a large mouse swelling on his forehead. Corassani slaps with a spinning kick, then sends Ogle reeling with a big right hand. Ogle seems dazed as he circles, with Corassani walking him down and throwing the right again. Ogle wants to clinch up but Corassani gets out. Ogle finishes the round circling the perimeter with Corassani stalking him.

Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Ogle
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Corassani
    Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Corassani

Round 2
    Ogle is throwing wide punches, trying to take off Corassani’s head while Akira counters. Ref Marc Goddard warns both men to watch their low kicks after some grazing of the cups. Ogle pops Corassani with a short left-overhand right and steps out of the way of a hook kick. Ogle has his next volley countered and he flounders on a weak takedown attempt. Ogle is back to circling the outside and Corassani catches up with him to deliver a nice combo inside. Wild, winging punches from Ogle now; Corassani replies with hooks. Ogle times a punch, ducks under and wraps up Corassani’s legs for a takedown with about 80 seconds to go. Ogle holds Corassani on the ground, threatening with a loose headlock against the fence. Corassani gets to a knee and Ogle tightens up the guillotine a bit, making Corassani pause. Just before the horn, Ogle lets go and swarms Corassani with a combination. The horn sounds and Corassani throws a right hand a split-second later, dropping Ogle. Referee Goddard doesn’t call it foul, Ogle hops up and the fighters go back to their corners.

Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Corassani
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Corassani
    Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Corassani

Round 3
    Corassani gives chase early in the round and sends Ogle to the ground with a kick to the body, but Ogle scrambles and traps Corassani’s right arm. Corassani goes to his knees, his right arm still in Ogle’s control, and Ogle punishes him with punches and elbows from the kneeling crucifix position. The elbows are particularly brutal and they’ve cut Corassani up around the outside of his left eye. Corassani tries to roll and escape, but has nowhere to go with Ogle holding him up against the fence. It’s back to the judges’ scorecards for what should be a very tight decision.

Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Ogle (29-28 Ogle)
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Ogle (29-28 Corassani)
    Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Ogle (29-28 Corassani)

Official result: One judge scores the bout 29-28 for Corassani, while a second sees it 30-27 for Ogle. The third judge scores the bout 29-28 for the winner by split decision, Akira Corassani.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Close fight and i thought they were gonna give it to Ogle because of the knockdowns but lets be realz homez Corassani wasnt hurt and Ogle was pretty much doing the drunk dance. Corassani edged it.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

1st round- Ogle due to landing the biggest strikes in the round. He knocked Corassani down. Not out, but down.
    2nd round- Same story
    3rd round- Ogle takes him down and controls him throughout the round, feeling confident he had won 1 if not both of the previous rounds. If he felt he was down, he would have been going for the finish. Again, the fighters in the fight know best what happened. Ogle was confident he had won, and Akira was confident he had lost. That's the bottom line. Again, it was one of those fights where I wasn't nervous going to the decision, 'cos I felt it was an easy 30-27 to call. Same with Mizugaki-Cariasco.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to agree with Gabe here, Ogle won. I did bet on him but I'm trying to be unbias. I even think you could make a case for that last round being a 10-8 rnd. I personally don't think so but Corassani took some serious damage. Definitely no 30-27 but 29-28 sounds about right.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Have to agree with Gabe here, Ogle won. I did bet on him but I'm trying to be unbias. I even think you could make a case for that last round being a 10-8 rnd. I personally don't think so but Corassani took some serious damage. Definitely no 30-27 but 29-28 sounds about right.
    Ah! so you agree it was a huge robbery?

It could have gone either way and as i said before i thought Ogle was gonna get it because of the knockdowns but as Vaughany shows on those Gifs Ogle got hurt and Corassani didnt. I mean, look at Ogle in the second Gif Gabe.....hes already busted up! Round 1!
    Last edited by Grabaka; 10-02-12 at 02:40 AM.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ah! so you agree it was a huge robbery?
    No. Not even close to a huge robbery. It was a close fight but I think Ogle did enough to win. 1rnd Corassani 2nd & 3rd Ogle.

First 12345 ... Last