dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Players or the books last night?

8 underdogs winning on 1 card is maybe unheard of for a UFC card. I'm curious if a circumstance like this would be better for the books or the players. I know this forum is a small sample size but how'd y'all do last night? Any responses are appreciated!

JamesKim
    JamesKim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Most people got buried for betting heavily on Benavidez. I did really well this event though.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Books for sure. Benavidez losing and the dogs winning made them a killing.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

DWW123 -- curious what's your ratio of straight plays to parlays in MMA bets? Especially since you hit the jackpot before.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Books. It has been a while since we have seen an underdog heavy card like this. The favs have been winning a lot on the main cards. Benavidez hurt a lot of bets and parlays I'm sure. If Bisping would have lost, I think it would have been a complete burial.

I just watched that TJ Grant/Evan Dunham fight and that was a very entertaining fight!

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

I had 1% on D Johnson by decision. I watched Benevidez's most recent fight against Yasuhiro, and he looked really bad, swinging punches with his hands starting at his hips. I thought Benedidez must be favoured due to him wrestling competatively against Dominic Cruz.

I hadn't watched the rematch between Mighty Mouse and Uncle Creepy, but I had bet a decent amount on Uncle Creepy for that event, and D Johnson winning surprised me. I figured he must have used speed and a good game plan, and figured he'd do the same against Benevidez. Wanted to bet larger but didn't have the time to watch the rematch between MM and Uncle Creepy.

Lost 1% on Stann, 1% on Hettes. Didn't know who Hettes' opponent was, but figured his grappling is so good he couldn't be beaten. Lost $100 on Charlie Brenneman. Won on Cub Swanson, Seth Baczynski, and with larger bets on Pierson-Benoist going the distance, and straight on Pierson, and straight on TJ Grant.

Made decent money of K Wlod... whatever his name is against Francisco Palacios going the distance. pinnacle had odds of almost 2.0. K Wlod has scary fight ending power, he backed someone against the ropes once and almost took his jaw off. I hadn't seen his fight with Danny Green, but watched the clip of the knock out. Apparently Green was gassed by this stage, but I got scared Wlod might catch Francisco against the ropes and kill him.

Bet $400 straight on Ricky Burns @ 1.75, but lost $200 on Burns by decision. I thought Burns would dominate, but he doesn't have too many legit stoppages. One fighter retired, Nicky Cook hurt his back, and he did KO someone else. Thought Kevin Mitchell might survive.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

So, somehow you guys think that Benavidez received lopsided action but the books moved the line the other way?

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    DWW123 -- curious what's your ratio of straight plays to parlays in MMA bets? Especially since you hit the jackpot before.
    I would say the ratio is about 6 to 1 straight plays to parlays. They are mostly 2 man and never more than 3 man.