Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Anderson Silva is the best in the world right now.

But I believe Jon Jones can surpass him someday because of him becoming champion at a young age.
    I can agree with this.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    On the feet Anderson would murk Georges. GSP got dotted up by Jake Shields. GSP was finished by Matt Serra. GSP would be so afraid to commit to anything vs. Anderson.

GSP is around 6 years younger and is the wrestler here. As a Champ he should look at it as a great opportunity to beat the p4p best. Anderson wants that fight so much he entertained the idea of vacating the 185 strap and try to make 170. Silva is passing on a Weidman fight and said he wouldn't fight until 2013 because he is holding out for a GSP fight. With the Bonnar fight he figures he can take an easy fight while GSP fights Condit.

I think this fight should happen. These are the 2 best of this era. 2 of the best of all time. Separated by 1 weight class. While Silva is bigger, GSP is much younger. I think the fight makes perfect sense right now.
    St. Pierre has gotten better since the fights you mention. That Serra fight was a complete anomaly and will never happen again. You are clearly a huge Silva fan but he seems to be getting less dominant in his fights whereas before his injury St. Pierre was untouchable. Other than the armbar I'd say the same about Jones. Neither of them will ever take the kind of beatdown Silva took for over 4 rounds against Sonnen.

Silva "entertained" the idea of going down a weight class but will never do it, just like St. Pierre won't move up. Plus, even if either of them did they would use that as an excuse if they lost. It'd be moot.

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    Anderson Silva is the best because he has the most title defenses in his own weight class. Period.
    That doesn't make any sense since Silva has been around longer. You should base it on their competition and how they handled themselves.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

That doesn't make any sense since Silva has been around longer. You should base it on their competition and how they handled themselves.[/QUOTE]

I know he's been around longer and that's the point. Longevity is the most important part! As far as level of competetion who hasn't SIlva fought? He's beaten everyone the UFC has put in front of him. People who think Jones are is GOAT or whatever you call it are looking at things in a shortsighted way.It's the same people who thought Tyson was the greatest HW of all time in the 80's. Silva has 14 title defenses spanning 6 years. jones has 4 spanning 1 year. Right now it's not even close.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Quote Originally Posted by Dumas (Shawshank Redemption pronunciation)
    People wont admit it though because they will give you some crap about how Fedor was better, but he doesnt have half the skills this guy has.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Silva has 14 title defenses spanning 6 years. jones has 4 spanning 1 year. Right now it's not even close.
    Silva only has 10 since 2007. Jones has 4 since 2011. And the "who hasn't Silva fought?" argument could easily be applied to Jones who is finishing big names in crushing fashion.

Anyway, I think it's odd to be judging a fighter on criteria he has no influence on; how long he has been in the MMA and how often Dana White schedules him to defend his title.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

I'd be interested to see who the best UFC fighter ever in terms of betting is.

Right now I've got Stefan Struve, excellent record and he usually hovers around -150 through +200.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post

Right now I've got Stefan Struve, excellent record and he usually hovers around -150 through +200.
    Yeah Struve fights always seem to have tight lines. Tim Boetsch has had good value his last 4 fights since losing to Phil Davis. His last 2 he has been a substantial UD. He is again against Weidman

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know he's been around longer and that's the point. Longevity is the most important part!
    But what about when he tapped to Ryo Chonan and was screaming in pain. In tapping he was basically begging the ref to step in and save him, in effect admitting he is a bitch. He was crying and saying "please I don't want to fight anymore".

"please stop I wanna go home!"

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post

Frankie Edgar was probably up there before those Bendo losses

First 12