The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

A Silva vs Bonnar

What a f'ing joke. This is your new 153 headliner.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC is a joke Bonnar vs Silva

Bonnar couldnt beat forrest Griffen. FOREST F_CKING GRIFFIN!!!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I see too many people complaining. This fight is 4 weeks out. What do you people want?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

awesome you already made the thread.....the UFC joke continues

PaperTrail07

something that is not 10-1+

PaperTrail07

I mean gimme a fuckkn break..........

PaperTrail07

its a fuckkn joke......i heard no lines were being offered....just what part of the cage bonnar will get KO'd i HAn....who knows....Maybe silva will get paid to take a punch...

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

It's like a Dream exhibition match... Dana should have just went full on Dream and signed Minowaman to fight Spider.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

This is at 205 right looks like they're trying to create a comparison between Jones and Silva since Jones already beat Bonnar in a lobsided 3 round fight. Bonnar is a tough mofuker no joke but he just doesn't have the skillset to hang with someone like Silva on the feet. I think Silva finishes Bonnar, he's never been finished other than the doctor stoppage in the krystof fight which he avenged. There could be some value in either prop bonnar vs silva goes the distance or silva finishes bonnar inside the distance. Depends which one has more value.

They're really protecting Silva at 205 you know the fight is coming right, they are putting it together, if Jones beats Belfort (which he will) and Silva beats Bonnar (which he will) puts the silva vs jones fight one step closer. The time is closing, there was a peak time when mayweather vs pacquiao was the fight to see, now that peak time passed and people aren't as interested. Time's running out the fight needs to happen soon.
    Last edited by Imsmarterthanu; 09-12-12 at 11:06 PM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

"This is a legacy fight." - Anderson Silva. What next? Avenge his loss against Ryu Chonnen? I'm not paying Dana for this shit tastic card. He could have done better. Silva could have got rashads
    Last edited by sideloaded; 09-12-12 at 11:09 PM.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    It's like a Dream exhibition match... Dana should have just went full on Dream and signed Minowaman to fight Spider.
    Minowa by neck crank all day.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    This is at 205 right looks like they're trying to create a comparison between Jones and Silva since Jones already beat Bonnar in a lobsided 3 round fight. Bonnar is a tough mofuker no joke but he just doesn't have the skillset to hang with someone like Silva on the feet. I think Silva finishes Bonnar, he's never been finished other than the doctor stoppage in the krystof fight which he avenged. There could be some value in either prop bonnar vs silva goes the distance or silva finishes bonnar inside the distance. Depends which one has more value.

They're really protecting Silva at 205 you know the fight is coming right, they are putting it together, if Jones beats Belfort (which he will) and Silva beats Bonnar (which he will) puts the silva vs jones fight one step closer. The time is closing, there was a peak time when mayweather vs pacquiao was the fight to see, now that peak time passed and people aren't as interested. Time's running out the fight needs to happen soon.
    You gave Jones the third round in the Bonnar fight?

Also, no one has a good chin against Anderson. No one. Dan Henderson didn't, Chris Leben didn't, Nate Marquardt (who has never been KO'd by anyone but Anderson) didn't, Chael Sonnen didn't, Stephan Bonnar won't.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Anyone taking a mortgage and betting it all on this fight?

BallaHolic777
    BallaHolic777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Why not Weidman? Bonnars only fought twice in almost two years

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You gave Jones the third round in the Bonnar fight?

Also, no one has a good chin against Anderson. No one. Dan Henderson didn't, Chris Leben didn't, Nate Marquardt (who has never been KO'd by anyone but Anderson) didn't, Chael Sonnen didn't, Stephan Bonnar won't.
    I'd have to watch the fight again but from my memory Bonnar had nothing for Jones in their fight, he was aggressive but he was basically getting owned.

I don't know if you really remember the henderson fight but Henderson's chin wasn't really in trouble in that fight, Chris Leben was just overwhelmed by Silva's accuracy, literally every punch, kick and knee Silva threw landed clean on Leben's face and head. Chael Sonnen wasn't knocked out cold, Leben wasn't knocked out cold. Marquardt was knocked out but he absolutely had nothing for silva in that fight. It's Silva's accuracy which is deadly, Bonnar likes to eat punches but he's not gonna be able to eat punch, kick and knee over and over again so I think he'll be stopped most likely.

Bonnar is getting fed to the shark depends on how hungry the shark is knowing bonnar's style he's going to make it interesting.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Anyone taking a mortgage and betting it all on this fight?
    Anderson is rumoured to be opening as a favourite of epic proportions. Think any Vitali Klitschko fight. I'll probably still bet everything I have on it regardless of the line, though.

I'd have to watch the fight again but from my memory Bonnar had nothing for Jones in their fight, he was aggressive but he was basically getting owned.

I don't know if you really remember the henderson fight but Henderson's chin wasn't really in trouble in that fight, Chris Leben was just overwhelmed by Silva's accuracy, literally every punch, kick and knee Silva threw landed clean on Leben's face and head. Chael Sonnen wasn't knocked out cold, Leben wasn't knocked out cold. Marquardt was knocked out but he absolutely had nothing for silva in that fight. It's Silva's accuracy which is deadly, Bonnar likes to eat punches but he's not gonna be able to eat punch, kick and knee over and over again so I think he'll be stopped most likely.
    Jones tired really, really badly in the third round. He lost the round pretty clearly from what I remember.

Henderson got absolutely blasted on the feet, and almost definitely would have been finished had Anderson not submitted him, in my opinion. I don't see why you quoting reasons that good-chin'd fighters got knocked out by Anderson dismisses my comment that no one has a chin against Anderson.
    I'm not saying he's some Manhoef-style juggernaut, but if Anderson wants to knock someone out, they're going to sleep. He just crushes guys, and can finish pretty much anyone, regardless of their chin.
    Last edited by MD; 09-12-12 at 11:45 PM.

Imsmarterthanu

Anderson is rumoured to be opening as a favourite of epic proportions. Think any Vitali Klitschko fight. I'll probably still bet everything I have on it regardless of the line, though.

Jones tired really, really badly in the third round. He lost the round pretty clearly from what I remember.

Henderson got absolutely blasted on the feet, and almost definitely would have been finished had Anderson not submitted him, in my opinion. I don't see why you quoting reasons that good-chin'd fighters got knocked out by Anderson dismisses my comment that no one has a chin against Anderson.
    I'm not saying he's some Manhoef-style juggernaut, but if Anderson wants to knock someone out, they're going to sleep. He just crushes guys, and can finish pretty much anyone, regardless of their chin.
    Nah I don't think so, he wasn't really rocked during the fight, he was caught in a slugfest and he exchanged punches and clipped anderson more than a few times, it was silvas range which controlled henderson and rendered his stand up ineffective. First round was hendersons, he took him down smothered him, second round there was a slugfest a wild scramble and then the trouble started when Silva took henderson's back and opened up with ground and pound.

got the fight right here

http://www.mmalinker.com/i.php?url=h...sus.com/?p=344

3rd video on the bottom

I didn't dismiss your comment about good chinned fighters getting knocked out/tko'd against anderson i just pointed out Silva's accuracy is the main threat. When he hits you it's pin point and that's what really knocks you out, not just sheer force or power.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Shouldn't Bisping be fighting Silva instead?

MD

Nah I don't think so, he wasn't really rocked during the fight, he was caught in a slugfest and he exchanged punches and clipped anderson more than a few times, it was silvas range which controlled henderson and rendered his stand up ineffective. First round was hendersons, he took him down smothered him, second round there was a slugfest a wild scramble and then the trouble started when Silva took henderson's back and opened up with ground and pound.

got the fight right here

http://www.mmalinker.com/i.php?url=h...sus.com/?p=344

3rd video on the bottom

I didn't dismiss your comment about good chinned fighters getting knocked out/tko'd against anderson i just pointed out Silva's accuracy is the main threat. When he hits you it's pin point and that's what really knocks you out, not just sheer force or power.
    From 2:50 on the fight clock onwards. Anderson rocks Hendo in the stand-up with some punches, a huge knee and a semi-glancing kick, Hendo falls (or shoots for the laziest double-leg ever; it sort of looked like he fell and then shot the double-leg), Anderson gets on top, rocks him with an elbow, a lull in the action for a little while, then Anderson pounds him until he locks up the choke.

I never claimed Anderson had unreal power, or even that his power is what contributes to his knock-outs. Everyone knows he's a very accurate striker with incredible timing. Doesn't change the fact that he takes iron-chinned fighters and shatters them like glass.

Caranono
    Caranono's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    "This is a legacy fight." - Anderson Silva. What next? Avenge his loss against Ryu Chonnen? I'm not paying Dana for this shit tastic card. He could have done better. Silva could have got rashads
    I don't know but still Silva, as long as it's a good fight.

Imsmarterthanu

From 2:50 on the fight clock onwards. Anderson rocks Hendo in the stand-up with some punches, a huge knee and a semi-glancing kick, Hendo falls (or shoots for the laziest double-leg ever; it sort of looked like he fell and then shot the double-leg), Anderson gets on top, rocks him with an elbow, a lull in the action for a little while, then Anderson pounds him until he locks up the choke.

I never claimed Anderson had unreal power, or even that his power is what contributes to his knock-outs. Everyone knows he's a very accurate striker with incredible timing. Doesn't change the fact that he takes iron-chinned fighters and shatters them like glass.
    I think you missed the point or you just don't know what it's like to be in a fight, when someone is rocked they aren't fully conscious, their eyes float to the back of the head and your legs turn rubber.

This is getting rocked

This is not considered getting rocked

and this is not considered almost finished standing

Henderson was just out of range and reach he had no other choice but to go for takedowns

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

hendo hides it well he was hurt

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    hendo hides it well he was hurt
    Nah if you've ever been rocked you would know there is no way you can hide it, that's the point when you've been rocked the other fighter knows your hurt from the tell tale signs, eyes floating, legs wobbling. You can get hurt by punches but there's a difference between being rocked and being "hurt" every punch is going to hurt some hurt more than others and back the fighter off but he doesn't lose his legs or focus for more than a split second. That's the difference between being hurt by a punch and being rocked by a punch if you want to talk details. And were talking about Dan Henderson probably the best chin in MMA besides Mark Hunt. None of those shots Andy hit him with were flush on the chin and Hendo's been hit flush before by guys like Shogun and Wanderlei and was never in real serious trouble.

Imsmarterthanu

with all that said

Bonnar has little chance he will get out struck out timed and overwhelmed by the spiders web

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

WTF, ive just woken up and see this! Are we talkin Anderson Silva or Wanderlei!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bonnar will do better than Forrest!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Shouldn't Bisping be fighting Silva instead?
    They wouldnt do that to Brian Stann. They've promoted this fight and would be unfair to say Bisping deserves it more

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by BallaHolic777 View Post
    Why not Weidman? Bonnars only fought twice in almost two years
    Weidman wouldnt be keen on a title fight at short notice

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

haha. A lot of people have declined if fakkin bonnar is the guy theyr left with. My freakin gad. Like 15-20 guys at least. Dana white have probably got bananas on the phone..."common youll get fight of the night??"

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    haha. A lot of people have declined if fakkin bonnar is the guy theyr left with. My freakin gad. Like 15-20 guys at least. Dana white have probably got bananas on the phone..."common youll get fight of the night??"
    lmao

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Silva vs Gustaffson woulda been sick

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

lol first Jones-Belfort and now this. UFC becoming a joke.

Imsmarterthanu

12 Last