hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    You think it was about money for Jones? So, do you think he likes earning less?
    He did say that he only fights for the money.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

wilfred...he and his team had to say that he thought he would make less money...they cant have the world thinking he is "that guy" who will only fight if the price is right...but he IS that guy. all of this, obviously, is speculation on my part, but i like to think it is semi educated...now he has fukked himself and wont even make what he would against sonnen...

not sure why shogun turned the fight down too before vitor was offered the fight ... machida and rua giving the division a black eye too...

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Sonnen Vs Jones would of had a lot of PPV buys. More than what Jones is going to get now.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    wilfred...he and his team had to say that he thought he would make less money...they cant have the world thinking he is "that guy" who will only fight if the price is right...but he IS that guy. all of this, obviously, is speculation on my part, but i like to think it is semi educated...now he has fukked himself and wont even make what he would against sonnen...

not sure why shogun turned the fight down too before vitor was offered the fight ... machida and rua giving the division a black eye too...
    shogun had 4 round fight less than a month ago, the CSAC should have gave him a 90 day suspension

hels

Jones originally said he would "carry the cross" for the the cancellation of UFC 151.

Here's what he tweeted today: Glad you guys are opening up your eyes Hendo injured 3+ weeks ago?!!? Who carries the blame now?"

PR disaster.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Jones originally said he would "carry the cross" for the the cancellation of UFC 151.

Here's what he tweeted today: Glad you guys are opening up your eyes Hendo injured 3+ weeks ago?!!? Who carries the blame now?"

PR disaster.
    yes he could have handled the whole situation better, but i think the tweet was a reaction to the news that hendo was injured 3 weeks ago. i dont think that news was out there when he made the "carry the cross" statement.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I agree with Jones in teh sense that he should not be blamed completely for the event being cancelled. The UFC could have done an Ellenberger/Heiron Main event and taken the crap sales. Or made an impromptu main event like Anderson/Thiago silva or something like that

But the competitor in me, would not have refused facing an out of shape 30 pounds lighter fighter.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't matter if Hendo was injured 3 years ago. Hendo being injured before those 8 days has nothing to do with anything. Hendo was going to take the fight up until that time, injured or not. He was looked at because the injury got worse and the doctors said there is no way he could fight. Fighters rarely fight at 100%. Up until he received the doctor confirmation he was under the impression that he was going to take the fight. If every fighter claimed they were injured for ever little small injury there would never be any fights.

Bottom line is Jones was in shape and ready to take a fight. He was offered an opponent he would have a significant size/strength/reach advantage. An opponent coming in from MW with a record of 27-12 and 8 day notice. He would have received a monster payday for an easy fight.

Blaming anyone except Jones for this doesn't make any sense. Jones is 100% responsible for breaking the card.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

If Jones/Sonnen was booked, we would all be complaining about the poor matchmaking

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Dana White needs to make some better cards..

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Dana White needs to make some better cards..
    Dana said that MMA cards would never be the same as boxing cards where the PPV buys are for 1 fight. He fell short big time on this one.

Main events have been cancelled before, but the cards have been good enough to sell and not be cancelled.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Could have salvaged card with Silva stepping up to LHW, or Belfort/Sonnen, Sonnen/Weidman, Weidman/Belfort.

Kaladarus

Jones wouldn't have took the Silva fight if he didn't even take the Sonnen fight. Even if Jones took the fight the UFC would never allow it on 8 days notice. 8 days notice for possibly the biggest fight in UFC history doesn't give them nearly enough time to promote. If either fighter loses it ruins their legacy and makes their division look weak. UFC is all about money and protecting their superstars is key.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Jones wouldn't have took the Silva fight if he didn't even take the Sonnen fight. Even if Jones took the fight the UFC would never allow it on 8 days notice. 8 days notice for possibly the biggest fight in UFC history doesn't give them nearly enough time to promote. If either fighter loses it ruins their legacy and makes their division look weak. UFC is all about money and protecting their superstars is key.
    anderson didnt offer to fight jones on 8 days notice. he offered to fight a LHW besides jon jones, ie the forrest griffins and ryan baders.

hels

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

woke up this morning pissed

not only should we have a card today but we should be watching the greatest fighter ever

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Thanks to the old man and his knee I don't either "@aarondkuehn: Thanks to @jonnybones I have no plans tonight...."
    — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) September 1, 2012

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Thanks to the old man and his knee I don't either "@aarondkuehn: Thanks to @jonnybones I have no plans tonight...."
    — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) September 1, 2012
    Hahaha, what a oyster. I don't know that I've ever wanted a fighter to get knocked the **** out as much as Jones, maybe Bisping I guess.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grabaka

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Hahaha, what a oyster. I don't know that I've ever wanted a fighter to get knocked the **** out as much as Jones, maybe Bisping I guess.
    ha yeah, not that Im a fanboy or anything...really doesnt matter to me what there character is like, but it's a shame because he seemed like he was a cool dude a couple years ago. I remember staying up at uni one night and making my buddies stay up and watch the event when he fought Stephan Bonnar and tossed him around like a pillow! Even my buddies who had no interest in MMA were amazed by him...shame he's turned out to be a bit of a douche!

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Jon Bones can act like a dick head ducsh bag because no one can beat him sonnene would of got pounded the chump thats fighting him next will get pounded and machida would of got choked out again no one can beat him maybe just maybe silva could but i dought it

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Jon Bones can act like a dick head ducsh bag because no one can beat him sonnene would of got pounded the chump thats fighting him next will get pounded and machida would of got choked out again no one can beat him maybe just maybe silva could but i dought it
    Daniel Cormier beats him right now.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

hahaha yeah a guy 5 11 is going to be able to touch bones

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

hahaha yeah a guy 5 11 is going to be able to touch bones
    you're retarded

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

hahaha what one is he the fat white guy or fat black one ?i think bones will take both out in one round

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

hahaha what one is he the fat white guy or fat black one ?i think bones will take both out in one round
    yeah just a fat black guy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Actually think Jones made a lot of good points in tht

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how Uncle Dana replies

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

Yeah Jones at least sound 100% honest, let's see what Dana comes up with and what Sonnen runs his mouth with now as a comeback.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

So maybe it's not all Jon Jones' fault after all.

UFC President Dana White recently said Jones and trainer Greg Jackson "murdered" UFC 151 when they turned down a fight with replacement Chael Sonnen on nine days' notice.

White, though, since has admitted Jones' original opponent, injured Dan Henderson, deserves part of the blame.
    "Dan Henderson knew two weeks before the fight," White said Tuesday on FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight." "Two weeks before he told me he was injured, he knew. Had he given me that two weeks like he should have, [UFC 151] might have happened. He's definitely to blame too."
    Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:57 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

[IMG][/IMG]

Tough to insert image anymore

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Anderson Silva vs Bonnar UFC 153

First ... 3456