FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

The worst part is that if Jon Jones was not so scared of losing his belt and fame he would kick Sonnen's ass. Sonnen has balls of steal though. I gained a lot of respect for Sonnen stepping up fearlessly. Sonnen is a man that deserves respect. That guy talks a lot of shit then walks out there and tries to back it up against the most dangerous fighters on the planet.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i can't believe no one is giving Dana at least a little blame here. These shit cards they keep throwing out there could never stand big hits like this. How about stop giving us one decent fight and a bunch of crap nobody would pay for. All these great names under the Zuffa banner and for some reason we are getting one shit lineup after another. Christ Strikeforce cards have better lineups than 3 out of 4 UFC cards. UFC payperveiws are getting terrible numbers and it is all because of terrible cards and nothing else. Their cards are starting to resemble big boxing cards. 1 great fight and and five shitholes. There was a time Dana used to throw out very good cards

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

keep phone close. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a call from begging me to go down and kick his ass after mir. DC
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    keep phone close. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a call from begging me to go down and kick his ass after mir. DC

love it. DC at LHW vs bones would be very interesting.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    The worst part is that if Jon Jones was not so scared of losing his belt and fame he would kick Sonnen's ass. Sonnen has balls of steal though. I gained a lot of respect for Sonnen stepping up fearlessly. Sonnen is a man that deserves respect. That guy talks a lot of shit then walks out there and tries to back it up against the most dangerous fighters on the planet.
    what does jones have to gain by beating up on sonnen?

you gained a lot of respect for sonnen because he has nothing to lose and everything to gain? get the **** out of here...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

jones is getting a lot of hate but it's not his fault that hendo got injured.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post

you gained a lot of respect for sonnen because he has nothing to lose and everything to gain? get the **** out of here...
    exactly. chael is a marketing genius (or his PR team). the guy is coming off a loss. hasn't fought a single fight at lhw in the ufc. and he's able to posture himself into a title shot. not only that, but he's the good guy now. lmao. he played this hand very well, i'll give him that.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

JOnes is certainly not scared of Sonnen. He would destroy Sonnen. Not sure why he didn't take the fight but it wasn't because he's scurrred.

With that said, fukk Bones Jones. Guy made a selfish decision that affected a lot of other people negatively. Between this and his DWI charge (another selfish and short sighted bonehead move), I could not care less about the guy anymore. Hope he tears his ACL and can't fight for a year . Then maybe he'll be empathetic to guys not getting pay checks.

FindTheLock

Jones got a title shot because of an injury to a title contender. Jones is selfish. Have you ever been in a fight? Do you know why Sonnen is the only one with the balls to fight jones? Jones is an animal with a lot of talent. It takes huge balls to step in the ring with a guy as dangerous as jon jones on 8 days notice. I respect the courage of sonnen.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

I don't get why everybody is surprised Jon Jones is turning down a fight with Chael Sonnen on 8 days notice... he was training for old man Henderson that is way past his prime that was most likely going to stand with him. Then they try to make him fight a younger hungry fighter that's in his prime that is the complete opposite. Sonnen would take him down and wouldn't want to stand with him. Even if Jones should be able to beat Sonnen taking the fight on short notice is a bad move as far as strategy goes. I'm sure he would fight Sonnen if he had time to game plan. That's how the Jackson camp rolls. It's all about the game plan.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Jones isn't scared of Sonnen in fact it's the opposite..he doesn't want to kill Chael now and waste that fight...Jones knows with the proper amount of time a PPV with him fighting Sonnen would do crazy good numbers.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i can't believe no one is giving Dana at least a little blame here. These shit cards they keep throwing out there could never stand big hits like this. How about stop giving us one decent fight and a bunch of crap nobody would pay for. All these great names under the Zuffa banner and for some reason we are getting one shit lineup after another. Christ Strikeforce cards have better lineups than 3 out of 4 UFC cards. UFC payperveiws are getting terrible numbers and it is all because of terrible cards and nothing else. Their cards are starting to resemble big boxing cards. 1 great fight and and five shitholes. There was a time Dana used to throw out very good cards
    have to agree. and the fact that he's trying to place all the blame on jones and greg jackson is very disingenuous. since when does a fighter coming off of a loss, who hasnt fought in the weight class, merit a title shot? it would have been a sham of a title fight and it was only being done for zuffa's benefit (and chael). and when it didnt work out, they decide to cancel the entire event to cut their losses. im confident they could have salvaged the event if they really wanted to, but since it would have likely resulted in further losses, i cant blame them for making that business decision. but why is it okay for zuffa to make a business decision and not jon jones?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Jones got a title shot because of an injury to a title contender. Jones is selfish. Have you ever been in a fight? Do you know why Sonnen is the only one with the balls to fight jones? Jones is an animal with a lot of talent. It takes huge balls to step in the ring with a guy as dangerous as jon jones on 8 days notice. I respect the courage of sonnen.
    like i said kid, jones has nothing to gain and everything to lose while sonnen has everything to gain and nothing to lose. if you had half a brain you'd know this.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    Jones isn't scared of Sonnen in fact it's the opposite..he doesn't want to kill Chael now and waste that fight...Jones knows with the proper amount of time a PPV with him fighting Sonnen would do crazy good numbers.

this is probably true to a certain extent. very good point.

CanuckG

Jones should also know he won't be making as much in the future and if he doesn't like it he can go to Bellator

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I think its more of Jones just not thinking Sonnen deserves a shot after losing to somebody, and because Jackson has drummed it in to him that it's not smart taking a fight on 8 days notice against a guy with a very different style to who he was facing.
    I agree with this 100%. I would say it's 90% Greg Jackson's decision and Jones pretty much saying "yeah, that makes sense". Greg Jackson prepares his fighters for fights like Chess Grand Masters prepare for different styles of Chess opponents. There's no doubt in my mind that Jones would win but I think Greg Jackson would be forever mentally tortured if Jones lost because they didn't have the right game plan.

FindTheLock

like i said kid, jones has nothing to gain and everything to lose while sonnen has everything to gain and nothing to lose. if you had half a brain you'd know this.
    Jones loses more by not fighting Sonnen. I don't know why you have your panties in a bundle over me saying I respect Sonnen for having balls to fight a dangerous opponent. There are a lot of fighters who would have a lot to gain by fighting Jones, but non of them stepped up to take the fight according to Dana White.

CanuckG

Sonnen vs Jones more entertaining for fans and more PPV sales pretty simple.

Labour day weekend in Vegas it'd be popping.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Jones loses more by not fighting Sonnen. I don't know why you have your panties in a bundle over me saying I respect Sonnen for having balls to fight a dangerous opponent. There are a lot of fighters who would have a lot to gain by fighting Jones, but non of them stepped up to take the fight according to Dana White.
    these guys fight for a living, there are a lot of tough guys out there that will take on jones. you are telling me sonnen is the only one stepping up to this opportunity so you respect him? give me a break...

sonnen is a good salesman and obviously you are sold. keep drinking sonnen's kool-aid...

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Why is Jones saying he has never turned down a fight? And White is saying he turned down the fight?

FindTheLock

these guys fight for a living, there are a lot of tough guys out there that will take on jones. you are telling me sonnen is the only one stepping up to this opportunity so you respect him? give me a break...

sonnen is a good salesman and obviously you are sold. keep drinking sonnen's kool-aid...
    the funny part is before this incident I hated Sonnen. You do not know me so quit pretending like you do. I bet you don't know what it is like to actually get in a fight with someone. if you did you would understand why it takes so much balls to fight a guy like Jon Jones on 8 days notice. Jones is a beast with a lot of weapons and very few weaknesses. If Sonnen and Jones did fight, then Jones would destroy him. I just respect a man who goes out there and is willing to put it on the line. Get over yourself man.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

the funny part is before this incident I hated Sonnen. You do not know me so quit pretending like you do. I bet you don't know what it is like to actually get in a fight with someone. if you did you would understand why it takes so much balls to fight a guy like Jon Jones on 8 days notice. Jones is a beast with a lot of weapons and very few weaknesses. If Sonnen and Jones did fight, then Jones would destroy him. I just respect a man who goes out there and is willing to put it on the line. Get over yourself man.
    lol... yes i do. i've been to quite few. i never said i don't respect fighters. it's one of the toughest ways to make a living. but you respect a guy because he is willing to get his ass kicked? sonnen is an attention whore and he'll do whatever to get that. nothing more nothing less...

FindTheLock

lol... yes i do. i've been to quite few. i never said i don't respect fighters. it's one of the toughest ways to make a living. but you respect a guy because he is willing to get his ass kicked? sonnen is an attention whore and he'll do whatever to get that. nothing more nothing less...
    But when the show must go on a lot of guys declined the invitation. I 100 percent respect the guy who says I will step in despite having the odds heavily against him. I mean damn if they gave Sonnen a full camp and Jones came in with 8 days notice then Sonnen would still get slaughtered most likely. So you're telling me you don't like rocky? Everybody likes the underdog. At least I thought they did.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fighting has always been and always will be entertaiment. That's why it's called prize fighting and not sport fighting. Jones and all the newfags treating this like any other sport will kill it slowely.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

if jones gets a clip of the ppv numbers or gets a bonus with a certain amount of ppv's sold, then there is your reason why he turns down the chump who is running his roosterlicker...he would absolutely destroy sonnen and the fight wouldnt have half the ppv#s as waiting a few weeks and fight a worth opponent...

lock, fwiw, it takes absolutely nothing for a fighter to say he will fight a guy bigger and stronger than him...thats his living...you give sonnen entirely too much credit for running his mouth, getting his ass beat and collecting a big check...he might not have many big checks coming his way in the future

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Uhhh. I was willing to ride with Hendo at +600. One H-Bomb on Bones's skinny frame and it could have been over.

CanuckG

UFC PPV #s have been declining for awhile now. A GSP vs Silva super fight really only thing that will get the mass watching.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    if jones gets a clip of the ppv numbers or gets a bonus with a certain amount of ppv's sold, then there is your reason why he turns down the chump who is running his roosterlicker...he would absolutely destroy sonnen and the fight wouldnt have half the ppv#s as waiting a few weeks and fight a worth opponent...

lock, fwiw, it takes absolutely nothing for a fighter to say he will fight a guy bigger and stronger than him...thats his living...you give sonnen entirely too much credit for running his mouth, getting his ass beat and collecting a big check...he might not have many big checks coming his way in the future
    Yeah, Sonnen Vs Jones would of had way more buys than Machida Vs Jones

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

To all you idiots who are saying 'Jones has nothing to gain," do you realize that you are retarded?

Do you know what marketing and sponsorship is? Jones will never get the same crowd reaction and love that he used too. Therefore, his marketability is decreased and sponsors won't be trying to outbid each other.

Now lets look at the two outcomes if Jones were to fight Sonnen:
    a) He wins, everyone praises his stepping up to the plate and fighting whoever is thrown at him. He has an even greater godly status.
    b) He loses, everyone gives him deep respect for stepping up to the plate. Rematch will happen and will be one of the largest fights in UFC history.

Both of these outcomes increase his future value.

His turning down the fight has two outcomes:
    a) Those who see it as a smart decision as he isn't prepared for a newcomer.
    b) Those who say Fukk You Jon Jones, grow some balls.

Neither of these outcomes increase value and because of b) his value is decreased. It was a dumb 'BUSINESS' decision. All you idiots saying he's smart have no idea of what making money is about.

The only winner in this whole debacle is Chael Sonnen.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sonnen is a huge ppv draw. Doesn't matter if he's a gimmick or not. Jones gets a ppv cut. You are really off base here.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the dumbest thing I have read in the whole thread. Sonnen is much more popular amongst the masses than Hendo. 8 days notice and Sonnen steps up - David vs. Goliath. UFC would sell more ppvs and Jon Jones popularity would go through the roof if he destroyed Sonnen.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    To all you idiots who are saying 'Jones has nothing to gain," do you realize that you are retarded?

Do you know what marketing and sponsorship is? Jones will never get the same crowd reaction and love that he used too. Therefore, his marketability is decreased and sponsors won't be trying to outbid each other.

a) He wins, everyone praises his stepping up to the plate and fighting whoever is thrown at him. He has an even greater godly status.
    b) He loses, everyone gives him deep respect for stepping up to the plate. Rematch will happen and will be one of the largest fights in UFC history.

Neither of these outcomes increase value and because of b) his value is decreased. It was a dumb 'BUSINESS' decision. All you idiots saying he's smart have no idea of what making money is about.

well said. You said it better than I did good job...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post

marketing and sponsorship? this isn't wwe.

CanuckG

marketing and sponsorship? this isn't wwe.

First 123456 Last