gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Did all your parlays get busted? I think I am going to follow your trend and start making "gabe-tarded" parlays too. They are fun if nothing else.
    Why would they get busted? Ones with Varner got busted, ones with Davis won. Won big tonight, 6 out of 9, hit all my main plays. Only the Varner loss effected me, just had Gomez in a few small parlays, and didn't get a chance to bet Vera. I was trying to get a bet on him, but internet connection on my iphone at the staples center was shitty. I wasn't able to log in to make a big bet on Phan and Machida by KO. That cost me big. But still, profitable night.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I honestly think Varner would have won that fight with a full training camp. Also, he actually may have won if he kept the third round on the feet, he seemed to be landing the more effective strikes throughout the fight.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I honestly think Varner would have won that fight with a full training camp. Also, he actually may have won if he kept the third round on the feet, he seemed to be landing the more effective strikes throughout the fight.
    Yeah, I think he was on his way to a decision win.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Josh Barnett?
    No, Melvin Guillard.

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yeah, I think he was on his way to a decision win.
    I actually put a bit of coin on Varner at +200 between rounds two and three.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Was a fun night, went w/ Brody Stevens and was chillin' with Jay Mohr in the suite. Dana White and Ray Mancini came in, then Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen came in. It was pretty sweet. There was a blonde in there that I can't seem to forget about. I want that chick.
    Sounds gooood

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Broke his hand in second as well which is why he went for the takedowns in third

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Sounds gooood

Why does the guy who tweets famous people asking them which hotels they're staying at call me a name dropper? LOL You dirty stalker. Get a life.

I personally don't give too big a shit about Rashad/Sonnen/Dana, but I know for a fact you personally would give years off your life just to hang with them during fights. Can't stand jealous people, man.
    Last edited by gabe; 08-05-12 at 10:22 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

hahha nibble nibble! Gabe, you really are ridiculously sensitive! Sooo easy

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

hahha nibble nibble! Gabe, you really are ridiculously sensitive! Sooo easy
    You're right, I'm easily annoyed, especially by stupid shit. So quit fkn around.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

gabe did u hammer max halloway?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    gabe did u hammer max halloway?
    Lines aren't up for me, yet. But I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't bet him now, if the line was up. Waiting for it to improve to a fair sized dog is the way to go, methinks.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

he opened at -190 how low do you think this is going?

bogbat

Was a fun night, went w/ Brody Stevens and was chillin' with Jay Mohr in the suite. Dana White and Ray Mancini came in, then Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen came in. It was pretty sweet. There was a blonde in there that I can't seem to forget about. I want that chick.
    Gabe is almost famous, signing autographs with his balls in your anus.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

he opened at -190 how low do you think this is going?
    +125 now... I'll be happy if he reaches +200... I was expecting him to open around +250, but again like last week with the Gamburyan fight, they were right with the line. I was hoping to get Many as +250 as well-- books are getting wiser.

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

+125 now... I'll be happy if he reaches +200... I was expecting him to open around +250, but again like last week with the Gamburyan fight, they were right with the line. I was hoping to get Many as +250 as well-- books are getting wiser.
    Do you/others favour Lawrence then? I haven't really seen him as being super impressive outside of his fight to get into the TUF house and even that was because the single 5 minute round favoured his style of totally blowing his wad. Personally I could see Holloway outpointing him with the pace he sets, but I would like to hear other perspectives on it.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Do you/others favour Lawrence then? I haven't really seen him as being super impressive outside of his fight to get into the TUF house and even that was because the single 5 minute round favoured his style of totally blowing his wad. Personally I could see Holloway outpointing him with the pace he sets, but I would like to hear other perspectives on it.
    I'm on Holloway.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I'm on Holloway.
    Holloway looks wild as shit with his hands. Knees and kicks look good though. Is this Lawrence kid going to be another overvalued TUF guy?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Holloway opened at the right line. Lawrence is a over hyped BIG time

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Holloway opened at the right line. Lawrence is a over hyped BIG time
    Thanks

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

gabe what are we going to do? this max line isnt going down much

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

gabe what are we going to do? this max line isnt going down much
    parlay with nik lentz

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

My plays for UFC 150:

#1 - Nik Lentz - The first round could go either way, but I give the edge to Lentz. Second and third will be all Lentz. I don't see him getting caught and put away in the first, so as long as this fight makes it to the second, I see him finishing it with a choke. If it goes three, he takes the decision. I don't see it making the distance, though. Nik Lentz ITD is the play here. This is one of my biggest plays of the year.

#2 - Ben Henderson - I see Bendo finishing this one with a guillotine. Wouldn't be surprised if he scores a KO, either. I went all-in on Fight Goes Over 4.5 rounds last time around, but this time my gut is telling me the chances of it ending ITD are a lot better than before. I'm gonna take a shot at Bendo by Sub and Bendo ITD and sprinkle a little on Bendo by KO. Also taking him straight-up, big.

#3 - Max Holloway - I see Holloway winning by stoppage or decision. Worst case scenario, I think he earns a split decision. He should be able to get the better of one of the first two rounds, and the third will very likely belong to him due to his cardio advantage. Fighting at altitude in Denver is no good for Justin Lawrence. If he tries to wrestle Holloway, he's going to tire even quicker, 'cos Holloway has great TDD and if goes to the ground, is very active off his back. Especially for a blue belt.

#4 - Yushin Okami - Okami ITD is what I'm going with. I don't expect to see this make it to the second half of the fight, so I'm not too worried about him gassing like before. Also, I'm not too worried about him gassing out because Buddy Roberts has poor cardio, too, and doesn't possess the KO power Tim Boetsch has.

#5 - Donald Cerrone - Cerrone ITD -- For some reason, I see a lot of finishes on this card! May continue over from the FOX card... Cerrone should fight smart, and fight to win. I know he's an idiot, but I think he knows better this time around. Cerrone by sub.

#6 - Ed Herman - Herman ITD - Could see him taking a decision, too. I'm taking him straight up, parlayed with Nik Lentz.
    Last edited by gabe; 08-09-12 at 05:30 PM.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I agree that Bendo/Edgar ITD will have some value

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

My plays for UFC 150:

#1 - Nik Lentz - The first round could go either way, but I give the edge to Lentz. Second and third will be all Lentz. I don't see him getting caught and put away in the first, so as long as this fight makes it to the second, I see him finishing it with a choke. If it goes three, he takes the decision. I don't see it making the distance, though. Nik Lentz ITD is the play here. This is one of my biggest plays of the year.

#2 - Ben Henderson - I see Bendo finishing this one with a guillotine. Wouldn't be surprised if he scores a KO, either. I went all-in on Fight Goes Over 4.5 rounds last time around, but this time my gut is telling me the chances of it ending ITD are a lot better than before. I'm gonna take a shot at Bendo by Sub and Bendo ITD and sprinkle a little on Bendo by KO. Also taking him straight-up, big.

#3 - Max Holloway - I see Holloway winning by stoppage or decision. Worst case scenario, I think he earns a split decision. He should be able to get the better of one of the first two rounds, and the third will very likely belong to him due to his cardio advantage. Fighting at altitude in Denver is no good for Justin Lawrence. If he tries to wrestle Holloway, he's going to tire even quicker, 'cos Holloway has great TDD and if goes to the ground, is very active off his back. Especially for a blue belt.

#4 - Yushin Okami - Okami ITD is what I'm going with. I don't expect to see this make it to the second half of the fight, so I'm not too worried about him gassing like before. Also, I'm not too worried about him gassing out because Buddy Roberts has poor cardio, too, and doesn't possess the KO power Tim Boetsch has.

#5 - Donald Cerrone - Cerrone ITD -- For some reason, I see a lot of finishes on this card! May continue over from the FOX card... Cerrone should fight smart, and fight to win. I know he's an idiot, but I think he knows better this time around. Cerrone by sub.

#6 - Ed Herman - Herman ITD - Could see him taking a decision, too. I'm taking him straight up, parlayed with Nik Lentz.

I must say, very good post. Whether or not I agree with your plays is irrelevant. The fact that you posted them before, in a clear/thought out manner is what I like. Well done. I am on Bendo, only. GL.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    I must say, very good post. Whether or not I agree with your plays is irrelevant. The fact that you posted them before, in a clear/thought out manner is what I like. Well done. I am on Bendo, only. GL.
    I agree.
    Gaber i like #1 and #5. Actually kinda like them all but you taking too many props brotha...GL

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    I agree.
    Gaber i like #1 and #5. Actually kinda like them all but you taking too many props brotha...GL
    Picks are for ml plays, I won't be going big on any props, they're just for fun. No guarantees like JDS by TKO vs Mir

I would bet the Lentz ITD kinda big but I won't get props for non main card fights

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    So, like I've always done?

Thanks

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I would recommend Nik Lentz to be included with every bet you make, as part of a parlay.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Also, if you get Lentz ITD - tap that ass.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I like Dennis Bermudez via Decision - I won't be getting that prop, but if you are, p0und it.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Goddamn, with you on all picks to win cousin... not quite as enthusiastic regarding all the finishes though...

Not sure what to do with Okami, 'cos I'm not playing that ML, and honestly don't have a lean on ITD or by Dec... in addition, I'm lacking in my study of Buddy Roberts... so likely will be a no bet unless i toss Okami in degen parlay.

Agree completely in theory regarding Cerrone, but am tempted by Melvin tko/ko +410 in case Cerrone strays from a conservative gameplan and agrees to put on a show with his former teammate -- I'd hope that (with a potential title shot a fight or two away) NCAA Cerrone shows up and goes for the TD when Melvin engages, ala the Paul Kelly fight... but Melvin has decent scrambles, and ADCC Guillard made an appearance against Camoes, so... but overall defo leaning Cerrone. Cerrone SOTN will have my attention if offered... but will probably be priced sans value... Cowboy better not f*ck this up. Sh*t, I'm all over the place on this fight...

Also looking at Ken Stone and Hamman.

GL cousin

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Gabe are you fading every pacific rim fighter? But in this case I agree on Lentz.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

My plays for UFC 150:

Holloway is a blue belt now?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Holloway is a blue belt now?
    He should be by now

First 123456 ... Last