DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=gabe;15499562]People (like Dirty X and others) who looked down on Caceres before his last fight, or even still, forget that he's fighting at 135 now and was at 155 on TUF, and lost to Michael Johnson who is still a 155er. 135 is a weight class in which can be a problem for anybody.[/TE]

Yup I admit I wasn't a believer in Caceres before his last fight. But I can't bet on this fight, this is a no play for me. If I had to bet, I would prob take Caceres assuming he is a slight favorite. Don't know why you have to post my name and call me out. Sorry I don't miraculously win big on every card like you. I am human and I haven't done well lately, not going to lie. You are an obvious MMA picking pro who should be living in Vegas killing it. Parlay master Gabers, haha. At least my word is still good and legit on this website. My word is my bond. You get shit on in your own thread constantly.
    Last edited by DirtyX; 10-16-12 at 02:46 AM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

[QUOTE=DirtyX;16399368]
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    People (like Dirty X and others) who looked down on Caceres before his last fight, or even still, forget that he's fighting at 135 now and was at 155 on TUF, and lost to Michael Johnson who is still a 155er. 135 is a weight class in which can be a problem for anybody.[/TE]

Yup I admit I wasn't a believer in Caceres before his last fight. But I can't bet on this fight, this is a no play for me. If I had to bet, I would prob take Caceres assuming he is a slight favorite. Don't know why you have to post my name and call me out. Sorry I don't miraculously win big on every card like you. I am human and I haven't done well lately, not going to lie. You are an obvious MMA picking pro who should be living in Vegas killing it. Parlay master Gabers, haha. At least my word is still good and legit on this website. My word is my bond. You get shit on in your own thread constantly.
    lol you're seriously a crazy person. "my worst is still good and legit on this website." lmao

but yeah, i'm not gonna be betting the caseres fight, either. i might only bet one or two, maybe three fights for this card.

ps- i wasn't "calling you out," i just used you as an example... and i don't win on every card. you forget my bad night on the fx card 2 weeks ago? hasn't been that long lol

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Well I am taking a break from betting MMA. I am going to be back in December for UFC, but I have to rethink how I make my plays. I have always done well when I pick one fight that I am confident in out of the whole card and pound it. Michael McDonald, Larkin, and Barao come to mind. I got lucky as hell on the Bendo pick, as I thought Frankie won that obviously.

Since that run, I have lost or been in the red on every card since. I was picking like 3 or 4 fights to bet straight up on every UFC, and I just got absolutely destroyed. Last weekend wasn't too bad, lost about $200.00, but I was on the wrong side of Silva vs Fitch and it cost me. I had Maia and Silva as my plays, but for some reason I was sleeping on Fitch, he fought a great fight.

Anyway carry on doing what you do. Glad to see you are getting ghetto rich off of MMA. At least someone is beating the books. I'll be back, but I took a hit on my bankroll and need to pick my spots wisely. Peace out.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah watched it again earlier and he was beyond horrible. Guy was smiling and joking around as if he wasnt bothered about winning at all. All he did was throw a few leg kicks and body kicks. Dont think he landed any punches?! Zero defense with chin up in the air...not UFC calibre
    Why hasn't he been cut yet? If he gets another fight in the UFC than nobody should ever get cut again.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Well I am taking a break from betting MMA. I am going to be back in December for UFC, but I have to rethink how I make my plays. I have always done well when I pick one fight that I am confident in out of the whole card and pound it. Michael McDonald, Larkin, and Barao come to mind. I got lucky as hell on the Bendo pick, as I thought Frankie won that obviously.

Since that run, I have lost or been in the red on every card since. I was picking like 3 or 4 fights to bet straight up on every UFC, and I just got absolutely destroyed. Last weekend wasn't too bad, lost about $200.00, but I was on the wrong side of Silva vs Fitch and it cost me. I had Maia and Silva as my plays, but for some reason I was sleeping on Fitch, he fought a great fight.

Anyway carry on doing what you do. Glad to see you are getting ghetto rich off of MMA. At least someone is beating the books. I'll be back, but I took a hit on my bankroll and need to pick my spots wisely. Peace out.
    I might just make 1 play for the China card, but the line might be real juicy. That'd be Mizugaki. I was huge on him in his last fight in Japan where he dominated Chris Cariasco for a clear-cut 30-27, like I predicted, but the judges awarded a split decision to Cariasco. Made zero sense, and was a complete robbery. A fight like that can be a lock and go exactly as you expected, and judges can STILL rob you. It's unbelievable. That's one of the nights I had to go chasing, and thankfully, it went well. I think I'm 2 out of 4 w/ nights I had to go chasing. Twice, I brought back all my losses, and twice I took a bigger hit.

Degenregen
    Degenregen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any thoughts on Cung vs Franklin? Cung is more technical and it's in China. But if the fights a 5 rounder I'm thinking he'll probably fade too much from those chocolate chip cookies?

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by Degenregen View Post
    Any thoughts on Cung vs Franklin? Cung is more technical and it's in China. But if the fights a 5 rounder I'm thinking he'll probably fade too much from those chocolate chip cookies?
    I like Cung Lee as a nice size dog. +180 or higher.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Don't wanna bet against Cung, but unless he gets a KO within 2 rounds, I don't think he wins... and I don't think he will score the KO, either. Unless it's Anderson Silva, I don't think Franklin will take a fight against someone unless he's sure he'll win.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Cung Lee as a nice size dog. +180 or higher.
    Got Le @ a +240 on 5d. Hard not to throw a little something at that price. If Wanderlei can rock Franklin, can't be so far fetched that Le will get his chances through 5 rounds as well right? Now that i think about it though, the under 4.5 rnds might be a decent play too. Can't wait til the lines come out.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Got Le @ a +240 on 5d. Hard not to throw a little something at that price. If Wanderlei can rock Franklin, can't be so far fetched that Le will get his chances through 5 rounds as well right? Now that i think about it though, the under 4.5 rnds might be a decent play too. Can't wait til the lines come out.
    Only way to play Le is Le by KO or Not Le by Sub

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Well damn at +240 I see a lot of value in Cung. I wouldn't advise a big play, but +240 is great odds for him imo.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Only way to play Le is Le by KO or Not Le by Sub
    Yeah good point. No way would Le win by sub so probably the Not Le by Sub prop would be giving shit odds. I also don't see Le winning a 5 rnd decision. Someone who will engage Le in Franklin will likely not allow Le to have the gas tank to last 5 rnds. Hopefully the props will give me some hedge options.

Beelzebubzy

Yeah good point. No way would Le win by sub so probably the Not Le by Sub prop would be giving shit odds. I also don't see Le winning a 5 rnd decision. Someone who will engage Le in Franklin will likely not allow Le to have the gas tank to last 5 rnds. Hopefully the props will give me some hedge options.
    The not sub prop will be insane but it will most likely be parlay fodder. Franklin is going to circle and jab for rounds here or ideally take him down. Size advantage will be drastic.
    Last edited by Beelzebubzy; 10-16-12 at 09:45 PM.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Don't wanna bet against Cung, but unless he gets a KO within 2 rounds, I don't think he wins... and I don't think he will score the KO, either. Unless it's Anderson Silva, I don't think Franklin will take a fight against someone unless he's sure he'll win.
    You thInk Franklin would fight Silva again? Maybe if he has brain damage from the first two.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Paddypower release Thiago Silva at -333, Danzig -400, Stungun -137

Beelzebubzy

Danzig line is crazy. Damnit.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    You thInk Franklin would fight Silva again? Maybe if he has brain damage from the first two.
    Yes, I do, because he has said he wants that fight. He knows his chances of winning are slim, but it's a very big payday for him. It's the only fight he'll take where he knows his chances are slim.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Stanislav nedkov $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

stungun.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Stanislav nedkov $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Some reverse psychology here??!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    stungun.
    yee will be playing Stungun by decision me thinks

v1y

not sure about that. stungun could KO thiago standing in theory. this is a good fight to test out his striking which i'm sure he's been working on a lot.

all depends on the odds of course.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Some reverse psychology here??!
    nah, i see a lot of value in him as a big dog. was also a big dog against cane, i think that was my biggest bet on that brazil card... no, barboza over pearson was. that was a close call, had to sweat it out.

i think nedkov should be +150 but i knew he'd be a much bigger dog... i know the chances of losing to silva are a lot higher than losing to cane, but he can still pull through. could even be a 13 second KO. bottom line is silva is over valued and nedkov is undervalued, so as long as nedkov is a big dog, i'll be throwin some coin on it

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

A little update from my life, guys:

I was walking out of my apartment when some short chubby manlet approached. He said he had seen me perform at a club in town, and was a fan of my comedy. I thanked the kind creepy looking fuhck and proceeded to walk away, as I could bare his stench no longer. He grabbed my arm and stopped me, then began pleading for my autograph. I whipped the black sharpie out of my back pocket, where I keep it stored at all times, precisely for situations like this. I began autographing a Twitter photo he had printed out. When I was done, he pulled out a second, and asked me to sign it for his mother. I'm a nice guy, I said OK. As I was doing so, I hear the words "Your picks suck, dirty ratfaced armo!!" and look up and see a gun pointed directly at me.

The sun of a bitch was there to John Lennon me.

I was in shock. I froze for a quarter of a second...

and thought, "What would Khabib Nurmagomedov do?"

So I kicked the gun out of his hand, knocked him down with an overhand right, took top-mount, and proceeded to BEAT THE LIVING SHIT out of him. These (lifts elbows up) razor-sharp elbows made cuts all over his face, and put him into a deep sleep. Made it so his own mother wouldn't be able to recognize him.

It was pretty crazy. You guys shoulda been there...

In related news, if any of you guys are wondering why De Facto Crippler has not been posting, he is currently under intensive care at Cedar Sinai Hospital in Beverly Hills, and will return to the forum shortly after regaining consciousness from his coma.
    Last edited by gabe; 10-17-12 at 11:42 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

I was in shock. I froze for a quarter of a second...

and thought, "What would Khabib Nurmagomedov do?"
    lmao classic

CannedGoods
    CannedGoods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Well damn at +240 I see a lot of value in Cung. I wouldn't advise a big play, but +240 is great odds for him imo.
    This is why you don't make money. Cung is a terrible pick. You'd might as well just take your money and throw it out the window. At least you'd get some enjoyment watching it blow away.

If you want to bet a dog on the card, both Gomi and Nedkov are great choices.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

BookMaker just put out odds on Danzig/Gomi Kim/Thiago and Nedkov/Silva

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I can't see anyway cung le beats franklin, rich is too smart and well conditioned. I like kim here to redeem himself close to home. Not having to fly from asia will help him a lot.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    MAIN CARD (FUEL TV, 9 a.m. ET)
    • Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
    • Stanislav Nedkov vs. Thiago Silva
    • Dong Hyum Kim vs. Paulo Thiago
    • Mac Danzig vs. Takanori Gomi
    • Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
    • Jon Tuck vs. Tiequan Zhang

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 a.m. ET)
    • John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani
    • Tom DeBlass vs. Riki Fukuda
    • Jeff Hougland vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    • Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim

Hey Lock. Any chance u can show Gabe how to put the card in the post when he starts the thread? Thanks bud

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Hey Lock. Any chance u can show Gabe how to put the card in the post when he starts the thread? Thanks bud
    There was no real card yet when I started the thread, fool.

But yeah, how do you do it without copy and pasting from wikipedia?

Thor4140

There was no real card yet when I started the thread, fool.

But yeah, how do you do it without copy and pasting from wikipedia?
    go to this site.http://mmafrenzy.com/ Then go to the right side they have the upcoming cards. click whichever one u want to post.

v1y

i for one am shocked by the danzig/gomi line. Gomi looked absolutely terrible against mitsuoka, and i have a hard time believing he KO's danzig, who's never been particularly chinny. Further, it's not like he's going to outwrestle him if Wiman could barely get him down.

hoping kim line comes down.

Thiago Silva unplayable right now.

Almost more than any fight on the card i'm super interested to see where the kang/caceras line opens and closes. it seems both guys have backers on both sides who seem convinced their guy is going to dominate.
    Last edited by v1y; 10-21-12 at 09:18 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy, and PunisherIND

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

kang is a can, breh

First 12345 ... Last