lol Im just bluffing tho, Im actually gonna play the Jap

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Jap dude -250
    nik is boring and UFC wants him out

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have any of the lines besides the main card fight lines been released yet? I think im liking Ken Stone and hoping he won't come in at too much of a favorite.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Have any of the lines besides the main card fight lines been released yet? I think im liking Ken Stone and hoping he won't come in at too much of a favorite.
    Nope, lines on bestfightodds.com are only ones that are out

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I like Ken Stone, but wouldn't bet him against Perez. That fight is a real-coin flip. Perez can put him away. I give the edge to Stone, though. For speed and footwork.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

You can hear that head kick.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Depends if you believe in judges being biased I guess. Also, in this particular case, Henderson is used to high altitude training, while Frankie is coming out from New Joysie and having to spend an extra week or 2 in Colorado to adjust.
    Bendo been in Glendale, AZ...not really high altitude not sure if he went back to CO for this fight. Plus, Frankie has already been in Denver for 2 weeks. Both have cardio for days and shouldn't be affected.
    Last edited by El Nino; 08-06-12 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Bendo not Hendo

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    You can hear that head kick.
    If i remember correctly, Lawrence didn't look all that impressive in that match. I mean he did end it with a bang but it was more competitive than it should have been. Another reason Holloway should beat Lawrence. Thanks for reminding me.

Mercersux

So they got Holloway @ +105 on 5Dimes at the moment. What are my fellow SBR peeps thinking as far as line movement. I think a couple of days ago that line was at +120 i just can't remember. Just not certain if i should pull the trigger now to stay ahead of the line movement or just wait and hope for the best. I personally think if i wait ill lose money on it but just trying to get some thoughts on this.

BigD46
    BigD46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I grabbed Okami at -320
    Really? What book offered these odds? Now he's at around -509 and it doesn't seem to be worth the gamble.

poopoo333
    poopoo333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4163

Quote Originally Posted by BigD46 View Post
    Really? What book offered these odds? Now he's at around -509 and it doesn't seem to be worth the gamble.
    5 dimes opened him up around there

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Lawrence has had an advantage on the feet in most of his fights in this fight he won't he's gonna get lit up and dropped

GunShard

Holloway vs Lawrence could be fight of the night.
    Last edited by GunShard; 08-07-12 at 05:09 AM.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    If i remember correctly, Lawrence didn't look all that impressive in that match. I mean he did end it with a bang but it was more competitive than it should have been. Another reason Holloway should beat Lawrence. Thanks for reminding me.
    Lawrence looked like shit at the TUF finale, despite the KO finish. The kid lawrence was fighting obviously was a novice on his feet, but Lawrence was still chasing him all over the octagon, didn't know how to cut him off. So, holloway will have the advantage there, but I think Lawrence might try and use his grappling.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Holloway has better footwork and better punches. Lawrence at times just wants to slug it out while Max looks composed and knows what hes doing.

Ill probably pick Max.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Holloway has better footwork and better punches. Lawrence at times just wants to slug it out while Max looks composed and knows what hes doing.
    Yeah, Lawrence's style is more kickboxing so thats why he is stationary and had trouble connecting against Cofer, the guy was using basic evasive footwork and Lawrence still couldn't deal with him, although he did do a nice job of timing that KO kick.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Holloway/Lawrence goes 3 round distance* -120

Not Roberts inside distance +130 -- waiting for this one to be voided

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Holloway/Lawrence goes 3 round distance* -120

Not Roberts inside distance +130 -- waiting for this one to be voided
    ha yeah didnt even both with the Roberts one!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Played tht Holloway/Lawrence distance prop aswell as hedge to Lawrence at +150 or +160 whatever I got him at.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha yeah didnt even both with the Roberts one!
    lol i know man, i dont know why i bother. i keep thinking that one of these times it wont be a clear line error, and that will be the time that i didnt make a play bc i assumed it would be voided. but this was clearly a line error, so i should have just passed on it.

making a play on this one too:
    Roberts/Okami goes 3 round distance* -170

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    lol i know man, i dont know why i bother. i keep thinking that one of these times it wont be a clear line error, and that will be the time that i didnt make a play bc i assumed it would be voided. but this was clearly a line error, so i should have just passed on it.

making a play on this one too:
    Roberts/Okami goes 3 round distance* -170
    I'll wait for Okami by dec

CTM
    CTM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

You guys think Roberts is tough enough to make it the distance?? If Boetsch wasn't as tough as he is Okami probably would have finished him, and Boetsch is a class above Roberts skillwise. Even an Okami playing it safe is probably going to hurt Roberts badly at some point or get a submission. Thought +130 is pretty good value there..

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I mean you can like Bendo, but Frankie has to have some sort of value.

+165 on a guy who fights everyone close at a light weight class? A guy who does even better in rematches. A guy some people scored the first fight too?

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I mean you can like Bendo, but Frankie has to have some sort of value.

+165 on a guy who fights everyone close at a light weight class? A guy who does even better in rematches. A guy some people scored the first fight too?
    The main reasoning I see people leaning towards Frankie being able to pull it off this time is that the up-kick was a real game changer and basically won Bendo the fight since it drained Edgar as well as seemingly made him more hesitant in the later rounds. The thing is, he was also rocked badly in his previous two and I would have to rewatch the Penn fights to see if he was in those. There's every possibility with the bombs Bendo throws constantly that he gets rocked again and it costs him the fight in the same way, or even that we see a finish.

Rubber Guard

I mean the first Penn fight was pretty close he won. The 2nd fight Penn blew him out.

First Maynard fight was as close as you get. 2nd fight he take similar first round beating but KO's Maynard.

First Bendo fight is pretty close he loses. 2nd fight....

All I know is Frankie +165 is value city.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mmahack3r

BigD46
    BigD46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

How do you guys feel about a Shields/Cerrone/Okami parlay?

DocPolish
    DocPolish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I like Cerrone and Okami but Shields I am not sure on. It is a winnable fight for him but Herman is on a little bit of a roll and I just feel like he could pull off the upset on Saturday.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by BigD46 View Post
    How do you guys feel about a Shields/Cerrone/Okami parlay?
    I like it.

But as bad as Shields has looked lately I would look to take him and sub something tthing else in.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I mean the first Penn fight was pretty close he won. The 2nd fight Penn blew him out.

First Maynard fight was as close as you get. 2nd fight he take similar first round beating but KO's Maynard.

First Bendo fight is pretty close he loses. 2nd fight....

All I know is Frankie +165 is value city.
    I am betting big on Bendo at -170, but shit, even I can see value in Frankie at +165 / +170 range. I wouldn't have bet on Bendo on anything bigger than -170. If he was -200, I would have gone the other way and sprinkled a little bit on Edgar even though I pick Bendo to win.

GunShard

Rewatch the Henderson vs Edgar fight for free on UFC.com

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-144-henderson-edgar

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

I could have sworn you guys would have been on Lawrence...I think his stand up is all around stronger and it's doubtful that either of these guys are going to the floor. I don't think Justin's conditioning is going to be an issue either like it was against Chiesa. Wrestling just isn't his game.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Shields is 33

Still back nine
    couldnt tap out Hendo who gives up his back more than Jenna Jameson
    nice..

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Thats what everybody says but im not buying it anymore. He took down an injured Hendo and his wrestling became so overrated. He has looked frail pretty often. Yes the skills are there but i feel he will fail at getting the takedown.
    On the other hand Herman has looked better with his boxing and Shields is such a stiff at boxing.
    So IMHO tons of value on Herman.
    YES! Thank you... his wrestling is overrated... If you look closely at his fights (outside of hendo) he has trouble getting people down and really works hard to get the td (against guys who for the most part aren't even accomplished wrestlers). I'm not taking the ehendo fight with too much merit and can't forget other fights where he struggled with the td or got the td due to simple mistakes made by his opponents... Herman isn't a tdd machine, but he has the credentials and size I think to stuff jake for 3 and out point him, possibly get a tko stoppage. I do question herman's cardio (as I think jake's cardio will actually be better at 185), but I think he does enough in the first 2 to seal a decision and survive a possible 3rd round gassing against shields... If jake does get him down early though I do think he can sub herman... Dog odds the value is all herman, this line should be dead even imo.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    lol i would probably bet starks over shields too right now

i think herman/shields is a coin-flip, i'm with the dog. my gut tells me herman, so i would even bet him as a slight fav.
    wordme too especially at dog odds, the guy is enormous for 185 and I see people comparing him to sheilds as if sheilds has stark's wrestling pedigree.. Its not even close, starks' wrestling is on another level than shields' imo, dude has powerful shots and tds..

MMAbetMASTA

yes surrrrrrrrrr....
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    stfu about fights the lines aren't out for

i'm now a believer in linesmakers reading these threads

First 123456 ... Last