JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Loading up on Chris Weidman -130

One aspect of fighting is plateuing and Chris Weidman is far from it and gets better and improves his technique every fight. Munoz is what he is so there will be no surprises.

Weidman will be able to stuff Munoz's takedowns and maybe even score a takedown of his own. His BJJ gets better every time he fights. He trains with Costa Phillapou and Matt Serra and has shorter, tight punches than Munoz. I think this will look a lot like the Munoz/Okami fight. Weidman did have cardio issues against Maia but he took that fight on extremely short notice and Munoz is no cardio machine himself and he usually gets tired deep in fights. Munoz does have lots of power in his GNP but he won't be able to utilize it because of Weidman's wrestling.

Weidman will outstrike Munoz with shorter, tighter punches while Munoz wings his wild haymakers. Weidman will then stuff Munoz and eventually shoot for a takedown of his own and Munoz who is not used to being on his back will get into a bad postition and Weidman will secure a sub (Most likely an arm triangle or Darce choke).

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    One aspect of fighting is plateuing and Chris Weidman is far from it and gets better and improves his technique every fight. Munoz is what he is so there will be no surprises.

Weidman will be able to stuff Munoz's takedowns and maybe even score a takedown of his own. His BJJ gets better every time he fights. He trains with Costa Phillapou and Matt Serra and has shorter, tight punches than Munoz. I think this will look a lot like the Munoz/Okami fight. Weidman did have cardio issues against Maia but he took that fight on extremely short notice and Munoz is no cardio machine himself and he usually gets tired deep in fights. Munoz does have lots of power in his GNP but he won't be able to utilize it because of Weidman's wrestling.

Weidman will outstrike Munoz with shorter, tighter punches while Munoz wings his wild haymakers. Weidman will then stuff Munoz and eventually shoot for a takedown of his own and Munoz who is not used to being on his back will get into a bad postition and Weidman will secure a sub (Most likely an arm triangle or Darce choke).
    I agree man. I put down $300.00 on him and I don't usually bet that big on anyone. I think he wins via decision, although a sub isn't out of the question by any means. A lot of people on here agree with you and like this play, so you are not alone on this. I really like this play, I just hope Munoz doesn't flash KO him as that is really the only way I see him winning. GL man.

Ticket#:71707883
    Jul 11 10:15 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Jul 09 12:13 AM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24152] C WEIDMAN -140
    (M MUNOZ vrs C WEIDMAN)
    300 / 214

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sad because i want Mark Munoz to win, but I don't think he will.

Can't let my emotions get in the way though as I'll probably put down for Weidman too

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    I agree man. I put down $300.00 on him and I don't usually bet that big on anyone. I think he wins via decision, although a sub isn't out of the question by any means. A lot of people on here agree with you and like this play, so you are not alone on this. I really like this play, I just hope Munoz doesn't flash KO him as that is really the only way I see him winning. GL man.

Ticket#:71707883
    Jul 11 10:15 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Jul 09 12:13 AM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24152] C WEIDMAN -140
    (M MUNOZ vrs C WEIDMAN)
    300 / 214
    It sounds like the public is behind Weidman his line is -160 now so hopefully the books just bleed tonight.

JerseyRobby

As easy a cover for a -130 guy ever. Munoz did nothing and in MMA that's hard to do.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I got him at -150 and -142 so he was a steal!