DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    One reason I enjoy boxing more is nobody falls on their ass doing something as dumb as a spinning back fist.

DeFactoCrippler

John Maguire is a gypsy pikey "traveller". I'm not from the UK but from watching Guy Ritchie movies I think it's safe to assume that "pikeys" are considered uncivilized, and are hated and mistrusted by all. Also, they are feared for their savagery, like "King of the Travellers" Joe Joyce displays in the video below.

One aspect of Traveller culture is the practice of marrying within their own community. This is called ‘endogamy’. It is widely believed that marriages between cousins (consanguineous marriages) are common among the Travellers but there is very little reliable information. Various studies have estimated that between 19% and 40% of Traveller marriages are between first-cousins.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lol Im sure tht doesnt count, he was clearly only talkin about spinnin-backfists exlcusively!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post

John Maguire is a gypsy pikey "traveller". I'm not from the UK but from watching Guy Ritchie movies I think it's safe to assume that "pikeys" are considered uncivilized, and are hated and mistrusted by all. Also, they are feared for their savagery, like "King of the Travellers" Joe Joyce displays in the video below.

ha Jo Joyce...legendary character. Check out "Knuckle" (which tht clip is from)... a decent documentary about gypsies and their fighting! And yes, generally we hate gypsies...or "Pikeys" or "Gypos" or "Tinkers" as we like to call them! Although recently there have been a lot of shows that are tryin to show gypos in a better light such as "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding", and Paddy Doherty won Big Brother (a reality show) last year. Except all these shows are doing are exploiting gypsies for our entertainment so we can laugh at their tacky weddings and constant drunkedness and overall "gyponess"!

John Maguire tho is one of these post-modern Gypo's tho who realises tht the stereotypical gypsy is funny and also not liked by majority so plays up to the more positive aspects and mocks the other parts....like he was at an infamous gypsy festival tht takes place near where I live recently, and he was on posting on twitter throughout constantly mocking the festival and the people the gypos who were there. I've met Maguire before and he's a top bloke and the complete opposite of what you'd expect a gypo to be!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 07-09-12 at 11:00 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Oh I also saw tht show called "Caged" on MTV earlier about hill-billy up and coming "Cage fighters". Based on tht the thread starter is absolutely right! Some of the characters in tht are ridiculous and fill all the stereotypes. Was cringing when it followed one joker on a night out with his buddies and he was playing the "Im an MMA fighter" card to every girl he went near. He'd get the "U dont look like a fighter" response and he'd try and cooler respond with "well thts the thing, guys think im weak then I go and pound their ass!"

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha Jo Joyce...legendary character. Check out "Knuckle" (which tht clip is from)... a decent documentary about gypsies and their fighting!
    Lol ive seen it. Some crazy fights in that movie, I didn't know they actually bet money like that. I just thought of gypsies cause Tyson Fury is one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Oh I also saw tht show called "Caged" on MTV earlier about hill-billy up and coming "Cage fighters". Based on tht the thread starter is absolutely right! Some of the characters in tht are ridiculous and fill all the stereotypes. Was cringing when it followed one joker on a night out with his buddies and he was playing the "Im an MMA fighter" card to every girl he went near. He'd get the "U dont look like a fighter" response and he'd try and cooler respond with "well thts the thing, guys think im weak then I go and pound their ass!"
    I've seen the first episode when the rich kid gets knocked out infront of his family and friends, lol. It seemed that every clown on that show thought they were real martial artists cause they have a record of 4-2 fighting their buddies from the same podunk town that has 1000 people living in it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

out of MMA fans i know personally, they ALL fit the OPs description.

only sport that seems to stick to one type of person/class out of people i know.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    out of MMA fans i know personally, they ALL fit the OPs description.

only sport that seems to stick to one type of person/class out of people i know.
    Guess you haven't heard about my estate.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this guy for real? Boxers have far worse injuries later in life due to the continuous hits to the head over their careers. The gloves used in boxing don't stop the head from moving, and they don't stop the damage to the brain, thus leading to brain injuries later in life. See Ali or Frazer. MMA has far more contrasting styles, far superior techniques, and many more ways to win. If you think all MMA consists of is two men trying to beat eachother to death by going crazy and letting their instict take over, then you obviously haven't seen any recent fight cards. The sport has progressed more in the last ten years than I can't even explain it to someone who has no idea about BJJ, wrestling, and boxing. It can be bloody, but it's not just a sport for young, uneducated men. Plus, the UFC has yet to be tarnished and corrupted like Boxing has. Also, fights in MMA are not fixed like they are in Boxing, or as far as I know they aren't. Go do some research before you post a bunch of garbage like this and make yourself appear asinine. Thanks.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Mostly inbreds
    lol i don't know about inbreds but i'm sure people in west va probably like it. I know all the rednecks around here love it.

First 123