dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Hypothetical question on Sonnen/Silva

I think we can all agree had sonnen held on in the 5th he would have won 50-45 across the board. Pretend that he did and he won. My question is: What would the line be now for the rematch? I think it's an important question in relation to the value of Silva as a 3 to 1 favorite. i think it is a legitimate hypothetical question because it was so close close to happening. I personally think the odds would be around a pick'em. So in my mind, the oddsmakers are giving Silva the nod as a fairly heavy favorite because he threw up a last ditch hail mary triangle at the end of the fight? I can't wrap my head around that. I mean if the rounds were tight or even somewhat competitive I could better understand but it was a route.

Also, Silva weighed in at 184 and looked as if he cut very little weight, if any. Sonnen looked like he was about to die. There is going to be an enormous weight difference.

Also, I like Silva to win.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

maybe because silva had injury problems going into the sonnen fight then sonnen got caught with elevated testosterone levels and silva's getting training advice from Steven Seagal so the oddsmakers are still favoring Silva even though the last fight was 5 rounds of Sonnen dominating Silva.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    I think we can all agree had sonnen held on in the 5th he would have won 50-45 across the board. Pretend that he did and he won. My question is: What would the line be now for the rematch? I think it's an important question in relation to the value of Silva as a 3 to 1 favorite. i think it is a legitimate hypothetical question because it was so close close to happening. I personally think the odds would be around a pick'em. So in my mind, the oddsmakers are giving Silva the nod as a fairly heavy favorite because he threw up a last ditch hail mary triangle at the end of the fight? I can't wrap my head around that. I mean if the rounds were tight or even somewhat competitive I could better understand but it was a route.

Also, Silva weighed in at 184 and looked as if he cut very little weight, if any. Sonnen looked like he was about to die. There is going to be an enormous weight difference.

Also, I like Silva to win.
    100% this.

The line is built on Silva's mystique, not the realities of Sonnen's chances.

(Unfortunately, I've said the same thing in Silva's last 10 or so fights... )