Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

I expect Anderson Silva to cripple Chael Sonnen's Knees this Saturday

From what I hear Seagal is hinting that he taught Silva how to perfect moves or techniques that were once thought to be illegal but are actually not illegal. From my experience of martial arts this is clearly hinting at the dangerous strikes at the fragile portion of fighters knee which are illegal in karate but pretty much legal in MMA. I've actually seen Anderson use these techniques before but mainly to keep his opponent at bay. I believe in this fight he's going to use it to try to completely destroy Chael Sonnen's ligaments in the knee.

Lots of people don't know this but when you strike with the right amount of pressure just right above your opponents knee in the lower portion of his thigh the knee buckles and causes an immediate injury. Seagal is a guy who looks for openings and this is what I believe he sees, that chael comes and swings from a distance which leaves his legs out in a position where they are not holding the weight above the knee completely steady and are in an awkward position. Anderson knows what he needs to do in this fight and that's stop Chael's takedowns once your knee ligaments start screaming in awkward pain from repeated awkward angled downward strikes, there's no way you can shoot for a takedown properly. I don't think anderson's wrestling defense is going to change the out come of the fight I think it will be these sneaky attacks.

Call me crazy but I just have the feeling

Imsmarterthanu

I expect this but with a lot more circular movement and power

Imsmarterthanu

Stomping knee joint kick (kansetsu geri)

The knee joint kick (kansetsu geri) is a stomping kick aimed at the opponent’s knee joint. It is an extremely dangerous technique as very little force is required to break a knee joint (around 16lb per square inch). For this reason great care must be used when practising this kicking technique with a partner. It is not recommended to use the knee joint kick in practice sparring for this reason.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Going to be difficult to do tht if he isnt moving forward tho. Sonnen isnt the type to back away like Thales Leites

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I'm actually expecting BRUTAL NECK ATTACKS. Very underutilized (and as far as I know) -- it's legal. A lot of KOs happen this way by accident. However I think Silva will attack it with BAD INTENT especially as Sonnen is shooting in.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I wouldn't want any UFC fighter to be mad at me; however, Anderson Silva would be at the very top of my list of people not to piss off.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Going to be difficult to do tht if he isnt moving forward tho. Sonnen isnt the type to back away like Thales Leites
    That's the thing Sonnen has to move forward he's not going to win a striking battle toe to toe strike for strike, he does his damage throwing punches from a distance and closing in for takedowns. When he comes in with those punches he won't be expecting anderson to throw kicks to his knees . When you're moving forward and you get hit with those strikes to the knee it only makes it worst because you are off balance and with forward velocity increasing the pressure of the strike.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I'm actually expecting BRUTAL NECK ATTACKS. Very underutilized (and as far as I know) -- it's legal. A lot of KOs happen this way by accident. However I think Silva will attack it with BAD INTENT especially as Sonnen is shooting in.
    you mean like a karate chop to the neck ?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    That's the thing Sonnen has to move forward he's not going to win a striking battle toe to toe strike for strike, he does his damage throwing punches from a distance and closing in for takedowns. When he comes in with those punches he won't be expecting anderson to throw kicks to his knees . When you're moving forward and you get hit with those strikes to the knee it only makes it worst because you are off balance and with forward velocity increasing the pressure of the strike.
    Yeah u are absolutely right, if you get caught moving forward then the damage is increased but it's not going to be easy to time it has Sonnen rushes in

Imsmarterthanu

yea well anderson does a lot of crazy shit when he brings his A game so it's definitely not that out of the question

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

dim mak, imo.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Insightful, I believe it.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    you mean like a karate chop to the neck ?
    Something along those lines. There are some powerful strikes than you can do to the neck that I haven't seen YET.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Important to note that knees tend to buckle MUCH more frequently when the person under attack is on an empty stomach. I know it sounds like a load of bullsh!t, but it isn't. Maybe Silva is under the impression Sonnen does the anti-Ortiz after weigh-ins...(remember when Ortiz gained some ungodly, possibly phyiscally IMPOSSIBLY amount of weight and youtubed the process after a more recent weigh-in?) and that the combination of Sonnen's favorite discipline putting strain on his knees plus his status coming into the fight makes destroying his knees the way to go.

Or he could just want to avoid TDD and wants to be able to rock Sonnen for 5 rounds without expending effort. Either or.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

You guys are complicating the obvious ... The fight will start and Anderson will have like 30 seconds per round to try something, before Sonnen TD him.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
    You guys are complicating the obvious ... The fight will start and Anderson will have like 30 seconds per round to try something, before Sonnen TD him.
    There goes Silva's elbow to Chael's face!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silva is going to give Sonnen the biggest beat down ever. After this fight I will have to change my avatar from Griffin to Sonnen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sonnen taps to strikes since Silva will let him back to his feet after every knockdown.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    dim mak, imo.

Thats good, but brick dont hit back.