PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29898/rory...of-ufc-152.mma

Canadian youngster Rory MacDonald (13-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) and former UFC dual division champion B.J. Penn (16-8-2 MMA, 12-7-2 UFC) will become the first fighters in the promotion's history to partner with the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.

VADA officials on Thursday announced that both fighters have agreed to eight weeks of random blood and urine testing ahead of their upcoming UFC 152 matchup with the Las Vegas-based independent organization footing the bill.

VADA officials on Thursday announced Penn's decision, and MacDonald's camp subsequently confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) their participation in the program.

"Our camp is very happy that B.J. has decided to participate in the VADA program that he had put forward," MacDonald's manager, Lex McMahon said. "Rory's completing his paperwork and will be joining him soon, and I think that Rory is definitely excited about the possibilities of what this means for the sport in the big picture, and he's happy he can play a small role in this."

UFC president Dana White was not immediately available for comment.

Penn and MacDonald previously agreed to undergo voluntary testing for performance-enhancing substances and drugs of abuse, but "The Prodigy" later balked at VADA's standards and the potential for conflict with his employers at the UFC.

"VADA contacted me to talk about doing their testing," Penn said earlier this month. "Right away, I was for it. But I was talking to them, and we were talking about the process.

"This isn't an amateur sport. What I expressed to VADA was that results need to be released after the fight, but VADA wants to do it before the fight, and I said, 'I'm not trying to put the UFC's fight in danger by doing that.' I said, 'What's the problem? Let's do the results after the fight.'"

Penn wasn't immediately available for comment, but VADA officials claimed the hurdles have been cleared.

"He has agreed that all test results will be immediately forwarded to the ABC (Association of Boxing Commissions), the Ontario athletic commission (Office of the Athletics Commissioner), and the UFC," a statement read on VADA's official website.

While UFC officials have yet to comment on the development, McMahon said he hasn't sensed any concern from the promotion.

"These are two individual athletes, and this is testing that's outside of the UFC," McMahon said. "We've certainly spoken with them. They're going to be doing their own testing. This is extraordinary testing.

"We think we're on the right side of this issue, and I commend both Rory and B.J. for taking the action that they're taking."

VADA, according to its website, was "founded to offer and promote effective anti-doping programs in boxing and mixed martial arts." Former Nevada State Athletic Commission chief ringside physician Margaret Goodman serves as president.

According to VADA's bylaws, "Professional athletes will volunteer to be subject to unannounced testing at any time during the eight weeks prior to a scheduled fight. As in the Olympic program, an agreement to participate will require fighters to officially inform us of their daily whereabouts, so that they can be tested per the program. Athletes will agree that all results are immediately released to the appropriate adjudicating commission overseeing their upcoming contest."

UFC 152 takes place Sept. 22 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto and is headlined by the UFC's inaugural flyweight title fight between Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson. MacDonald and Penn meet on the evening's pay-per-view main card.

For more on UFC 152, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Punisher

were you looking for a spreadsheet to keep track of bets?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Punisher

were you looking for a spreadsheet to keep track of bets?
    not really. i keep a relatively detailed excel sheet using some of the functions that Granchow created.

Beelzebubzy

ok cool, who the hell was asking for it then

Gabe did you need one?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    ok cool, who the hell was asking for it then

Gabe did you need one?
    oh yea, ur not going crazy. it was me you are thinking of. i was intrigued by the sbr spreadsheet. but it wasnt for purposes of tracking my wagers, but rather, just to share my plays with the board.

Beelzebubzy

Travis Browne vs Bigfoot

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

eddie alvarez vs patricky pitbull

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    eddie alvarez vs patricky pitbull

Dillonious Monk
    Dillonious Monk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3839

Browne and Alvarez will win those fights...

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by Dillonious Monk View Post
    Browne and Alvarez will win those fights...
    Bigfoot is gonna clown on Browne.

Beelzebubzy

Can't wait.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

oh yea, ur not going crazy. it was me you are thinking of. i was intrigued by the sbr spreadsheet. but it wasnt for purposes of tracking my wagers, but rather, just to share my plays with the board.
    Upload your spreadsheet to google docs. You can still edit and update it using standard excel functions but it can be read only to the rest of the world.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Upload your spreadsheet to google docs. You can still edit and update it using standard excel functions but it can be read only to the rest of the world.
    I have some info in my spreadsheet that I wouldn't want to share, e.g. my handicapped lines for fights that haven't been released yet. also dont want to deal with the bullshit that comes along with sharing each and every pick. for a typical event I have like 25-50 plays. I think it will only lead to more headaches than its worth.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Yeah, I wouldn't do it either. Just presenting the option if you weren't aware of it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

for a typical event I have like 25-50 plays.
    Small timer.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Small timer.

First 123