sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

UFC 148 - Bookmaker Error = MMA bet of the year

Cung Le +188 (Pinnacle) over Patrick Cote!

Are you ******* kidding men +188 on Le? Bookmakers ****** up bad on this one. Who exactly has journeyman Cote ever beaten? Cung Le has dominated every single MMA fight he has been involved in due to his freakish kicks and highly un-orthodox style. The Wanderlei fight is not an accurate guide of Le's ability as he was in Hollywood mode at the time making movies and clearly came in a bit chubby, although he dominated the fight until he started gassing and Wandy to his credit turned back the clock to the axe murderer days, and even then if Le had a bit more experience in the UFC he would have known to put his hand on the ground and prevent those brutal knees Wandy was dishing out. Le is no longer in Hollywood mode, he has trained hard for this fight...

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/2/313...e-patrick-cote

Anyone who is un-familiar with what Cung Le brings to the table as a martial artist should go watch some of his Sanshou videos on YouTube. The man is a freak. Yes he has a weak chin and does not like to get hit, but come on - Patrick Cote is not fit to carry Le's water bottles.

For me personally 10 units (1K) - biggest fight bet I will have placed since I dumped $1200 on Cotto/Pacquiao

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Sando, wait as u might be able to grab +220 around fight night.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who exactly has Cung Le beat lately? Last fight was no mistake, the guys 40 now.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Who exactly has Cung Le beat lately? Last fight was no mistake, the guys 40 now.
    40 yes but Cote is on the wrong side of 30 as well and beside Randy was still ******* guys up at 48! Anyway age isn't Le's problem, it was fitness and dedication and he appears to have those locked down for this fight...?

sando

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Sando, wait as u might be able to grab +220 around fight night.
    Wow you think they will continue to crunch Cote? He is already way too short.

Cote at these odds is the worst bet ever. A far safer bet would be loading up on Griffen at similar odds to own Tito...

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Cung Le lost to Scott Smith.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Cote can take some damage and Le will surely gas sooner rather than later...no play for me but I wish you luck.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you Mine as well go Cung Le inside distance. Really can't see him lasting 3 rounds with Cote.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

this isn't a good bet.

Cote by TKO or decision.

sando

No worries lads, thanks for the advice. We'll see what happens...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

"Fade me"....hmmmm

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Forrest over Tito large!

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

sando be careful there are no free gifts in gambling

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Not sure how anyone could take this poster seriously.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

im faded

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

It's pretty accurate IMO. Cote takes this quite easy.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Cung Le +188 (Pinnacle) over Patrick Cote!

Are you ******* kidding men +188 on Le? Bookmakers ****** up bad on this one. Who exactly has journeyman Cote ever beaten? Cung Le has dominated every single MMA fight he has been involved in due to his freakish kicks and highly un-orthodox style. The Wanderlei fight is not an accurate guide of Le's ability as he was in Hollywood mode at the time making movies and clearly came in a bit chubby, although he dominated the fight until he started gassing and Wandy to his credit turned back the clock to the axe murderer days, and even then if Le had a bit more experience in the UFC he would have known to put his hand on the ground and prevent those brutal knees Wandy was dishing out. Le is no longer in Hollywood mode, he has trained hard for this fight...

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/2/313...e-patrick-cote

Anyone who is un-familiar with what Cung Le brings to the table as a martial artist should go watch some of his Sanshou videos on YouTube. The man is a freak. Yes he has a weak chin and does not like to get hit, but come on - Patrick Cote is not fit to carry Le's water bottles.

For me personally 10 units (1K) - biggest fight bet I will have placed since I dumped $1200 on Cotto/Pacquiao

Just wondering obviously u have seen the movie Karate Kid. Do u think Ralph Macchio could dominate in the UFC if he had the chance?
    Points Awarded:

DeFactoCrippler gave Thor4140 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DeFactoCrippler

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Frank Dux

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Just wondering obviously u have seen the movie Karate Kid. Do u think Ralph Macchio could dominate in the UFC if he had the chance?

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

Im on Cung as well! BOL to us, ill see you at the cashier.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

CWD thanks for the video, wanderlei is a great guy, now the guy is gonna turn his gym nonprofit for those kids. This guy has a heart. He inspires people.

probettor1

I would be worry here with the Jiu Jitsu, Cote is training Jiu Jitsu in the same team as GSP, you might also expect that GSP will be the head behind Cote for this fight as they are friends. GSP is a probably one of the smartest strategist in the game. It would be very stupid to stand there to eat kicks, if Cote does that he might be in trouble vs a kick boxer champ. I havent seen any fight of Cung Le on the ground, but he has no wins by submission so maybe Jiu Jitsu is not his best game. Cote also has a great chin. These are the reasons why he is the underdog. Apparently Cote started to train in the military so Cung has many years of experience in his advantage as he started as a kid. He has a record of 16-0 in San Shou and 17-0 in kick boxing. He is a three time world champion in kickboxing as well. This is the kind of fighter I would never underestimate so wouldn't be vs him. But to all of you out there thinking to bet a lot of money on Cung Le make sure he has a good Jiu Jitsu deffense. MMA is not about kicking, any hole in your game will be exploited.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

i remember the first fight i ever saw with Cung Lee. It was against that killer Tony Fryklund. The reason i watched it was because of this tremendous build up Cung was getting. I thought they dug up Bruce Lee from the dead. He fought this below average fighter and it was basically even most of the fight with a slight edge to Cung. Mauro Ranallo the biggest hyping piece of shit announcer in the history of MMA, who should be in the WWE with his hyping nonsense, was trying to bullshit people how great Lee was. This is when u separate bullshiters from common sense. Ranallo does this shit all the time and i believe he is the reason Fedor started getting a bad rap. People who can tell a con job when it is right in their face knows this asshole Mauro is either more blind than Jim Lampley or full of shit. He made Fedor sound like he could beat king kong. You get tired of hearing about this shit especially when u are watching something completely different. It reminds me of WWE announcers who try to tell ya that "this pay per view was the best event ever" Every single pay per view according to these bullshitters trumps the next. This is okay for WWE but not MMA which happens to be a real sport. Cung Lee might win cause Cote isn't Bones Jones but this is so far from a lock it is a joke. If Cote gets past the first two minutes dodging those nasty kicks, Cung will eventually gas like he always does, and that granite chin of Cote's is gonna bring a whole lot of trouble. All a sudden those kicks come slower and less effective. I don't know how many of u have gotten in a fight with a guy u could hit with a crowbar to the jaw and he smiles at ya. It is kinda demoralizing and u better have a plan B or be a pretty fast runner.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3436

I do think there is some value on Cung Le but I wouldn't call it a Bookmaker error. The most amazing thing about this "error" is Pinnacle(and all the other books for that matter) have actually made Cung a BIGGER underdog than he was just 12 hours ago. He's now at +214 at Pinny. This might be the first time in history that a Book actually "corrected" their "error" by moving it MORE in your favor.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Not gonna bet this fight but Patty Cote has been putting in serious work... I think he comes out rather unscathed.

probettor1

cung Le gass out easily, is chubby, might not have a good jiu jitsu game, this is not an overeem, a world champ in kick boxing, ripped, big and with an great submission game. overeem vs lesnar was a bet of the year. This is just another bet. In MMA the bet of the year has to be a well rounded fighter. Wanderlei didnt even need to go to the ground, he beat him on his feets. The history of all kickers in MMA has been limited. Cro cop, Machida and Cung le are living proof. Many people thought that Machida would be the new generation. The truth is that kicking a fighter with a very good defense is hard, except you are talking about leg kicks.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

A 40 year old, weak jawed movie star who is playing the role of a striker in MMA who has awful cardio, vs a young guy who has big power and an iron chin. Don't see how Le is a good bet at all here.

Le has to KO Cote in one round or he's done. Good luck doing what power punchers like Anderson SIlva and Chris Leben couldn't. Cung could;t even KO Wanderlei who has a weak chin now, how is he gonna KO the iron jawed Cote?

Patrick Cote by mid-to-late (T)KO. I'll be betting on it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Didn't Cung Le lose to Frankie in Bloodsport?

Inovated
    Inovated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Gonna have to take Cote on this one hes back in the UFC after being cut and he seems hungry at least enough to beat Cung Le

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Just tailed you Sando...

Got +205...

If you bury me I'm gonna send Archie after you once his hand heals up...

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Didn't Cung Le lose to Frankie in Bloodsport?
    Yes and he should've been disqualified for throwing powder in the eyes. How did the ref miss that?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    A 40 year old, weak jawed movie star who is playing the role of a striker in MMA who has awful cardio, vs a young guy who has big power and an iron chin. Don't see how Le is a good bet at all here.

Le has to KO Cote in one round or he's done. Good luck doing what power punchers like Anderson SIlva and Chris Leben couldn't. Cung could;t even KO Wanderlei who has a weak chin now, how is he gonna KO the iron jawed Cote?

Patrick Cote by mid-to-late (T)KO. I'll be betting on it.
    Yep, in order to finish Cote I feel his own shot is to land a perfectly timed body shot with a spinning back kick or something...but whats the chances of tht happening against an experienced guy like Cote?!

Only other way is if Cote fights like a complete retard and jus goes for the one punch KO whole time and gets picked apart for three rounds and somehow loses a decision. Again, dont think tht is likely with Cung's cardio issues and dont think Cote is dumb enough to just get picked apart
    Last edited by Vaughany; 07-05-12 at 03:44 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Just tailed you Sando...

Got +205...

If you bury me I'm gonna send Archie after you once his hand heals up...
    Yes, it was analysis worthy of tailing!

1234 ... Last