probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Cote is like the most boring fighter ever all he does is load up on that one punch and eat punches. I predict lee kick boxes his ass up all first round starts to gas and cote starts to over power him in the later rounds but i'll give it a decision victory to cung le. All le has to do stay on the outside kickbox around him and avoid that one punch.
    You forgot the take downs and jiu jitsu of cote. kicking expose u to be taken down.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    You forgot the take downs and jiu jitsu of cote. kicking expose u to be taken down.
    meh overrated jitz and takedowns

cung isn't easy to take down when he's got a fresh tank of gas. I could see him tiring in the 2nd round and possibly getting caught by cote but other than that I figure Cote survives the fight and Cung wins a split decision

eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

Cote takes this handily - granite chin, heavy hands, UFC prodigal son returns. Le is soft. He can do his flashy stuff all day but Cote will stalk and will hurt him. Le has to dance around for 15 minutes to win this one IMO. Add in that Le's head might not be in MMA while Cote knows this is his opportunity, and I think Cote is the play of the card - flat out. Cote's losses in the UFC that led to his departure- Silva, Powerbomb>RNC, LnP'd - Le can do none of that, all tough luck losses, although he would've gotten creamed by Spider regardless of freak accident. While the "Le lost to Scott Smith!" argument isn't great to size up Le's strength of competition, it does reinforce the fact that a fighter akin to Smith, and probably better in many areas, can put Le away after he does his kicks and stuff.

All Cote all day.

probettor1

Betting vs hollywood actors have turn out to be a good bet most of the time. Rampage did a movie and his carrer was over, Kimbo(this one never had a carreer), Randy Couture, even Fedor i believe did a movie before his fall. I bet there are a lot more examples.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Betting vs hollywood actors have turn out to be a good bet most of the time. Rampage did a movie and his carrer was over, Kimbo(this one never had a carreer), Randy Couture, even Fedor i believe did a movie before his fall. I bet there are a lot more examples.
    dakota cockrane and that guy from power rangers.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    dakota cockrane and that guy from power rangers.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Huerta although GSP has done some movies too but there are exceptions to every rule.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Huerta although GSP has done some movies too but there are exceptions to every rule.
    gsp was in a movie to fight, well, the one i saw. he didnt even talk and it was seconds. maybe he did another I havent seen

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Cung Le is worth a small play. Think this fight should stay standing for a good amount of time and with Le's new training his cardio should be able to take him into the later rounds. Cung Le hasn't been very impressive, but Cote is a bum and doesn't really deserve to be that much of a favorite against almost anyone in the UFC.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Talk to me now all you fukcing smart mouthed "MMA" experts...

DublinMeUp
    DublinMeUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post

lol well played mate

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should if been 29-28. Good call none the less but don't get so cocky.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

sums it up for you

sando

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Nice thread, Cote crushes him! My biggest bet on the card.
    Wow you really know your MMA bets champ...

freelife1
    freelife1's Avatar Become A Pro!

that fight was great!
    good call as well.

huntington beach badboy is going to get knocked out i hope now!
    LETS GO FORREST (i dont have action on this)

sando

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Should if been 29-28. Good call none the less but don't get so cocky.
    You know what the problem is. I try to share a great selection with people so we can all make some money and I get shot down in flames. With the amount of dead weight on this site, sometimes you have to wonder why you bother...?

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

well done

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

People including me thought Cote would win. Nothing against you. Some people will be jackasses saying its the dumbest bet ever but who cares? Your lucky imagine if Cote had won, this thread would be crazy.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Great hit I didn't think Cung had it in him....but I still consider myself an "MMA Expert" and I got it wrong...soooo

probettor1

You know what the problem is. I try to share a great selection with people so we can all make some money and I get shot down in flames. With the amount of dead weight on this site, sometimes you have to wonder why you bother...?
    You bother because many times we are wrong, we need to see all the angles, you wouldnt bother if you were always right. And people who are right usually look at all the angles.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

good call man

a lot of people were pretty douchey and rude in their responses to you in here, but you proved them wrong and now they look like total dumb asses - well played...

Wish I would have been on Le, liked him but just couldn't pull the trigger.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Act like you have won before....
    Points Awarded:

Jesus Christ gave hawley 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jesus Christ

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

The bottom line is Cung did what most people thought he would do. He gassed , his kicks became real slow. He was stunned a few times when Cote was never stunned. Cote didn't fight the smartest of fights and it was still close. I know i said Cung could win this cause Cote is no killer but saying Cung was a lock was just silly. The Cung Lee these annoucers present (and u suck right up) and the actual Cung Lee that fights are two different fighters. Franklin his original opponent would have waxed him. I couldn't imagine what Sonnen would do to him. With Sonnen on top of him, Cung would gas after the first round. Belcher would kill him Silva would kill him. Bisping would be a better fight cause he can't crack a peanut.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Nice one Sando.

There are a lot of pieces of shit on this forum so don't take it personally. They're just loser degenerate gamblers that like to see others fail too. Very few SBR posters have documented all their plays and are long-term winners. You know who you are & I respect you. The rest of you? You don't deserve anyone's time if you act disrespectful.

I played Cung small and posted my reasons on Sherdog. For all the criticisms that Sherdog gets on here, there isn't 1% of the disrespect there as on SBR. This place is a wasteland for cerebral MMA discussion. Don't waste your time with insight on here.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

it was over for cote when he decided to walk out to 2 legit 2 quit, complete with the hand motions and neck movements. i was sincerely embarrassed for him.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Nice one Sando.

There are a lot of pieces of shit on this forum so don't take it personally. They're just loser degenerate gamblers that like to see others fail too. Very few SBR posters have documented all their plays and are long-term winners. You know who you are & I respect you. The rest of you? You don't deserve anyone's time if you act disrespectful.
    You're a god amongst men Vitooch. An elite capper would go 7/7 but a selfless capper goes 0/7. Really took one - or seven - for the team. You're insta-fade material straight to the bank.
    i think the word is "irony".

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Nice one Sando.

I played Cung small and posted my reasons on Sherdog. For all the criticisms that Sherdog gets on here, there isn't 1% of the disrespect there as on SBR. This place is a wasteland for cerebral MMA discussion. Don't waste your time with insight on here.
    You're a god amongst men Vitooch. An elite capper would go 7/7 but a selfless capper goes 0/7. Really took one - or seven - for the team. You're insta-fade material straight to the bank.
    Simply amazing...couldnt make up this kind of shiit!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 07-08-12 at 10:14 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    i think the word is "irony".
    hahaah Incredible isnt it

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    hahaah Incredible isnt it
    that was too fockin funny!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol THink Wannabet may have a split-personality disorder...and I dont mean him being Tony Stark by day and Wannabet by night!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol THink Wannabet may have a split-personality disorder...and I dont mean him being Tony Stark by day and Wannabet by night!

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

half these fks who live on the mma forum are virtually clueless, just smile and them and wave as you collect.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    half these fks who live on the mma forum are virtually clueless, just smile and them and wave as you collect.
    lol nice avatar dude

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Nice status homie.

First 12345 Last