Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I guess one could argue that that fight was almost 2 years ago and he's improved a lot since then. He wasnt at Jackson's back then, didnt join Jackson's until jus before the lavar Johnson fight I believe and has shown rapid improvement (especially physically and in his conditioning) since going to Alburquerque. He also took the Devin Cole fight on a weeks notice and was in horrible shape yet still managed to win the first round. Granted, Kongo would probably of beaten all of Shawn's previous opponents but he doesnt seem to be improving, and dare I say has peaked and is on the decline, while Shawn is only improving fight by fight. I think the injuries (especially back) are catching up with Kongo
    At Bellator 31 (Holata fight) weighed in at 262lbs

In his next fight against John Hill he weighed in at 255.2 and also 255 against Devin Cole a few months later.

Then just two months after the Cole fight he weighed in at 238 and against Thompson most recently at 245.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

hmmmm 17 pounds in a Hardy Mohawk? I dont get it.
    Jordan KOes Bokeem Woodbine if Bokeem does not wrestle him for three rounds and if Jordan maintains decent space and can land on Kongos chin. His chin + injuries as V has mentioned is catching up. Plus Kongo is getting old, 37 IIRC.

This is a big step up from low level Heavyweights to a a mid level who has several ways of winning

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    hmmmm 17 pounds in a Hardy Mohawk? I dont get it.
    Jordan KOes Bokeem Woodbine if Bokeem does not wrestle him for three rounds and if Jordan maintains decent space and can land on Kongos chin. His chin + injuries as V has mentioned is catching up. Plus Kongo is getting old, 37 IIRC.

This is a big step up from low level Heavyweights to a a mid level who has several ways of winning
    lol @ bokeem woodbine. remember when bokeem woodbine was supposed to be the next omar epps.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

nooo i missed that gift opener on jordan i need alerts for this stuff.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

doesnt help. It takes seconds before the lines drop. It can take 5 to even 10 minutes before the alert gives you the message. Very often its already to late.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    doesnt help. It takes seconds before the lines drop. It can take 5 to even 10 minutes before the alert gives you the message. Very often its already to late.
    I got the bfo alert and got the opener
    f
    very rare for me, but it's possible

bjpenn85

Its always sweet to be the first to get the opener. Same feeling i get when i buy clothes on sale, or get discounts.

Beelzebubzy

Serious question
    is Calgary in altitude like Denver?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Denver is like 5200 feet, Calgary is about 3500 feet above sea level

Beelzebubzy

Hahah the funny thing is I think I posted about it in another thread

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on Barao at the moment. Got him at -170. Not too confident in him, but I think he wins. If the Faber line goes past +180, then I may have to buy out and go the other way....

Ticket#:71366016
    Jul 21 10:30 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Jun 27 04:40 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24252] R BARAO -170
    (U FABER vrs R BARAO)
    170 / 100

Beelzebubzy

If Faber hits 180 I might have to put some white castles on it

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

200 on Faber @ +180 (via Hedge)

I think Faber holds a ton of value. Im not getting why everyone is on him ATM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

One of the losses suffered by the UFC 149 card turned out to be Shawn Jordan's gain.

And if things go the way he thinks they might go on
    Saturday
    , it could be the fans' gain, as well – even if most of them don't realize it yet.

Jordan (13-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) meets Cheick Kongo (17-7-2 MMA) on UFC 149's main card in a heavyweight tilt that Jordan believes could make fans forget they were supposed to see Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira – not him.

"This is still going to be a great card," Jordan on Monday told
    MMAjunkie.com Radio
    (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I understand – fans get upset. There were big names on the card. But the nature of the sport is, people get
    injured
    . You've got to be training hard to fight hard.

"I'm really excited about (fighting Kongo). Both of us are big, heavy-handed heavyweights. It only takes one punch to end these fights."

A month ago, Jordan was tapped to step in for Nogueira to take on Kongo on the pay-per-view in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. A short-notice fight is seldom ideal. Against a veteran like Kongo, for some fighters, it could be a recipe for disaster.

But for Jordan, a former college football standout as a fullback at Louisiana State University, he believes his
    training
    with the Greg Jackson/Mike Winkeljohn team will pay dividends.

"I think what benefited me being in Jackson's camp is we have great training partners, regardless of who we're fighting," Jordan said. "I have (UFC heavyweight) Travis Browne I train with every day, whether it's my camp or his camp. I think having guys like that to train with daily is a huge advantage when you get short-notice fights. It helps you adapt to whoever
    your
    opponent is. But I'm sure Cheick Kongo, in his camp, has similar attributes."

A
    win
    over the likes of Kongo smack-dab in the middle of a UFC pay-per-view – especially one fans have decried for the man stars who have been attached to it and fallen off of – could see Jordan's star rise quickly.

The four-fight Bellator veteran and two-fight Strikeforce vet debuted with the UFC in March and scored a second-round TKO of Oli Thompson in Australia not long after migrating over with some of Strikeforce's other heavyweights.

It's an opportunity that wasn't lost on Jordan, who hopes to make the most of it against Kongo.

"Getting moved over to the UFC, that's where all of us want to be anyway," Jordan said. "I feel very lucky I got the opportunity to move over, because they didn't move all the heavyweights over. I did well in my first fight and I've got a chance to compete again."

Jordan, who is in a dead-heat with Kongo as far as oddsmakers are concerned, said his training at Jackson's has him ready for any part of Kongo's game – from his standup prowess to his clinch game to his ability to take opponents down and work them on the ground.

"I'm ready for and have been training for all of it," Jordan said. "I'm good with whatever Cheick Kongo wants to bring to the table. I'm ready to compete, and I have some stuff I'll bring to the table, too.

"He's fought everybody in the sport, so I'm sure he's going to be a guy who's a little more savvy. And that's another part of having great training partners that are able to do that so they know what you're doing and you work harder."

UFC 149 takes place Saturday at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary. The main card airs on pay-per-view; FX and Facebook air preliminary-card fights. The main event is an interim bantamweight title fight between Urijah Faber and Renan Barao.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Man, I would have loved to have gotten him as a dog... I just hope he doesn't drop to -170 or something.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I would love to play Browne, but it really stinks of a trap bet...

He shouldn't be as big a favorite, that's for sure...

Regardless, I'm gonna have him in a couple parlays 'cos I'm fading Ben Rothwell for screwing me over against Mark Hunt. Ha--

bjpenn85

you can buy him all you want @ 2.0/evens! Betfair is the shit. At betfair you could play him @ 2.48 for 3-4 days ago. I ****** up on that one, but evens still is quite good.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Only Barao/Faber line is up for me, so far... It's Barao -225 and Faber +160-- Line on Barao is crazy, I don't get it... on 5dimes it's Barao -180 and Faber still +160.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

you can buy him all you want @ 2.0/evens! Betfair is the shit. At betfair you could play him @ 2.48 for 3-4 days ago. I ****** up on that one, but evens still is quite good.
    His line might improve again tho, people will be on Kongo based on name recognition probably when they see they can get him at Evens or -110 or whatever

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

His line might improve again tho, people will be on Kongo based on name recognition probably when they see they can get him at Evens or -110 or whatever
    I think it's safe to say that initial line movements is made by guys like US. The more serious cappers.

The masses come in the day of or the day before.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I think Barao wins the fight. But yea, at a certain point Faber is value. He is still a top 3 guy at the weight who can beat much of the top 10 with ease. He has experience of big fights. He is durable.

So yea, I dig a play on Faber at anything above +150. But then again I think Barao is the real deal and going to win here. So I may not play unless public goes heavy on Faber.

Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

With Faber/Barao, I'm really liking the ITD prop on the fight [+115] via 5Dimes. These guys are going to recapitulate each others' aggression, and someone is going to **** up sooner or later.

bjpenn85

best guys very often goes to decision tho. thought about that?

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I think there's definitley a good chance that it'll go to decision. It's a really hard fight to call though.

Beelzebubzy

If you are bettin on barao
    you are thinking
    His paths to victory are leg kicks or , connecting on a 32 year olds chin and finishing aka Faber is past his prime
    Last edited by Beelzebubzy; 07-17-12 at 08:02 AM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

If you are bettin on barao
    you are thinking
    His paths to victory are leg kicks or , connecting on a 32 year olds chin and finishing aka Faber is past his prime
    I'm making a detailed thread sometime this week on why Barao has the edge over Faber. Had to read people's opinion who are defending Faber on Sherdog before making my conclusion.

Beelzebubzy

I also think Faber is quicker. I rewatched Jorgensen barao and barao was slow, like stout speed with some of his feelers. This will give Faber more chances to counter.
    28 fight win streak means jack to me. Jason Reinhardt did that

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I also think Faber is quicker. I rewatched Jorgensen barao and barao was slow, like stout speed with some of his feelers. This will give Faber more chances to counter.
    28 fight win streak means jack to me. Jason Reinhardt did that
    Dude Reinhardt is the shit...dont make me post the video of tht epic fight he had again!

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are any of you guys worried that if Anik and Florian call the fight Barao won't receive the proper dick sucking that only Rogan can give him?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Paddy released some lines btw...Ebersole at -333, Riddle -125, McGee -150

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paddy released some lines btw...Ebersole at -333, Riddle -125, McGee -150
    Paddy Power opened these?

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Are any of you guys worried that if Anik and Florian call the fight Barao won't receive the proper dick sucking that only Rogan can give him?
    How will this effect me? I guess it could impact the live lines

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Paddy Power opened these?
    yeeeee

First 12345 ... Last