hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hougigo's boxing/MMA picks

Hi guys, big fan of boxing and regular watcher of MMA.... I like FNF and UFC on FX to bet on, so I decided why not share? I don't have a system or anything, this is just off my insight from the sport and how I think different styles mesh up with each other. Two big wins this month, Bradley by decision over Pac and Josesito Lopez over Ortiz
    Also remember, the fight game is always full of surprises. What looks like a sure fire win could sometimes spell doom.
    MMA happens more frequently than boxing (IMO, because they're more willing to make good fights), but when it's in boxing.... because of matchmaking, it could just be extremely surprising.
    Also, all fights are 1 unit unless stated otherwise (could be more or less depending on how I feel on the pic)
    Let's start with tonight:

Ruslan Provnikov vs Jose Reynoso

Ruslan should win this fight pretty handily, but he's sitting at -925.
    So I'm looking at the over/under for the rounds right now.
    Saw some vids of Jose Reynoso and he's nothing special. The only way he makes it through 7 1/2 is if he holds on for his life.

under 7 1/2 rounds (1 unit)
    Ruslan Provnikov W (1 unit)

The ruslan pick is a gimmie, but nothing wrong with a free 10 bucks

Boxing/MMA record 0-0-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 06-30-12 at 01:00 AM.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Welcome and Good Luck

hougigo

Thank you!
    I may not have much credibility as the people already here, but if I do good, I just hope to help other people out.

DublinMeUp
    DublinMeUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

GL mate

Fayt13
    Fayt13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3702

Nice pick! Thank you

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Fayt13 View Post
    Nice pick! Thank you
    You're welcome!
    Was a lot faster than I thought... was a little concerned there though as I thought he was going to hit and hold the whole fight to neutralize Ruslan on the inside.
    Good thing he didn't!
    Don't know if you guys saw, but his nose was pretty busted up afterwards

Ruslan W
    KO in round 2

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took provodnikov and looked somewhat competitive until that k.o punch. Reynoso was tying him up so much thought that may stall the action enough to get close to the over. Not even close. One punch good night. Glad someone is capping these obscure boxing matches. Thanks hougigo.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

B.t.w. Thoughts on the roy jones or spinks fight tomorrow? Yeah that reynoso kids nose look like it may have been broken. Provodnikov packing some serious power.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    B.t.w. Thoughts on the roy jones or spinks fight tomorrow? Yeah that reynoso kids nose look like it may have been broken. Provodnikov packing some serious power.
    I actually don't have an opinion on that fight right now. He was going to fight another Polish dude (forgot his name), but he get arrested so now I don't know who he's fighting now if he's even fighting tomorrow.
    That's something I got to check up on.... but I'm concerned about him still fighting for a pay check at his age. If he's still fighting tomorrow, then I'll have to watch some tape on his new opponent.
    IMO, He's a risky bet. My problem with him is he always look fast and great in training, but then come fight night..... none too good.

hougigo

I don't know how to do sigs, so I'll just do it manually until someone tells me how, lol.

2/2 yesterday

Boxing/MMA record 2-0-0

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Jones isn't going to fight that Polak and I wouldn't want to begin to think of the odds on the replacement.

Bundrage to win straight up against Spinks, however, only in a parlay. I've got the below three parlays:

Prodikov (Under)
    Bundrage
    Rubio
    Lara (Under)

Bundrage
    Rubio-Cota (Under)

Rubio
    Prodnikov (Under)

Right now I'm -11-11 with boxing picks in the last three weeks, thank Victor Ortiz or I'd be 14-8.

BluntTrauma
    BluntTrauma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

I'm new here too, but I'm also a boxing and MMA fan. I'm taking a chance on Roy even though his odds are shit. The guy he's fighting only has 4 KO's in 17 wins so RJJ's chin isn't going to be tested the way it was against guys like Green and Lebedev. Also his opponent's coming in on only a couple days notice so he might be out of shape. I don't suggest anyone follow on it but I'm putting him in a parlay. Here's my plays for tonight:

RJJ/Un 7.5 Lara-Hernandez- 6U

Spinks- 3U

Spinks is more of a value play than anything. He looked out of shape last time he fought K9 and got KTFO, but this time he seems in better shape and has some pretty good boxing skill to be able to make this a closer fight than the odds suggest. K9's also like 40 y/o and hasn't fought in about a year so he might be rusty. Still think Bundrage will probably take this but I took Spinks at +265 b/c I think the odds are a little out of whack.

hougigo

Yea, some of the others I'm looking at right now is Rubio, Bunderage fight, the O/U in that fight and Lara vs Hernandez.
    Off the bat, Rubio shouldn't be worried about his opponent, the quality of his opposition pales in comparison to Rubio's.... 0's mean nothing like that.
    Bunderage.... I'm iffy on that pick there because of the Canelo curse. Plus Spinks won't go as fast as last time. He may have gotten KO'd last time,k but I expect him to learn from his mistakes and box for a full 12 rounds smartly. I expect a full 12 rounds in this fight, so I'm looking at the over. As for who I think will win.... I'll get to that later.
    Lara vs Hernandez.... I think it's a pretty clear cut win for Lara. I'm going to re-evaulate the o/u for this fight later... but i'm leaning towards the under. Hernandez isn't that great at LMW with no quality wins there. Lara is a beast at LMW and should beat him handily.

hougigo

Early look at tonight.

Lara vs Hernandez

I don't see any way how Hernandez can win this one.... I literally can't. He was blasted by Berto not too long ago and his only fight since then was against Collazo.... sure he looked good, but Collazo is nothing compared to Lara. Also, Lara is in the hunt for a Canelo fight, no doubt Canelo will be watching tonight since he wants to pick K9. I expect Lara to fully destroy Hernandez under 7, he knows what's at stake and there's no better way to make a name for yourself other than to seek and destroy.
    Also, Hernandez has not fought anybody remotely good at 154. Lara is one of the best at 154 and is a force to be reckoned with.

Lara over Hernandez
    Lara vs Hernandez U 8.5 rounds

I'm still trying to think up what I want for the Spinks/K9 fight. I don't know if Spink's legs are good enough to carry him beyond 9.5 rounds. Going to rewatch the Powell fight.... so far I'm leaning to over 9.5.... but if I don't think his legs will carry him, Bundrage will probably take him again. Bundrage wants to impress too, so I expect him to jump out on Spinks again.

Next is Rubio vs Cota. This is a no brainer for Rubio to take it. Cota hasn't fought anybody of note and Rubio is a well traveled an experienced fighter. JCC Jr. beat him because he was able to out muscle rubio. Cota, from what I've seen... isn't that great. When he fights, he stands straight up to bang with you. This isn't going to work well for him, Rubio will hurt you. No quality in opposition for Cota.... this is like jumping the Grand Canyon.
    No thoughts on the O/U yet, but Under is looking good.

Rubio over Cota

Boxing/MMA record 2-0-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 06-30-12 at 01:04 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

taking a shot with the over 8.5 rounds in the Lara/Hernandez +200

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    taking a shot with the over 8.5 rounds in the Lara/Hernandez +200
    BOL mate.
    It's quite possible, but I just feel Lara is in a totally different class and he's out there with something to prove.

AraiWa
    One bet away

This week is a week to bet small. The next two weekends should be strong though.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

anyone here have a stream or pbp for Rubio/Cota?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    anyone here have a stream or pbp for Rubio/Cota?
    I might, I'll post on here later if my place has one.

hougigo

This should be a link to the showtime triple header if you don't have showtime.
    Still looking for the Rubio fight link, will post if I have it.
    http://psntvk.blogspot.com/p/ch2.html

hougigo

Well damn on the Lara one.... he landed over 200 power shots to Freddy's 10 in 7 rounds and still didn't go down.
    Underestimated his toughness.
    Freddy must've known I bet on him because he refused to get down..... he got beaten senseless, but just didn't go down.
    Last edited by hougigo; 06-30-12 at 08:52 PM.

hougigo

Rubio KO's Cota in 7 rounds, easy money.

Updated record:

Boxing/MMA record 4-1-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-01-12 at 12:09 AM.

hougigo

Here's a fight happening early morning tomorrow in Kiwi-land.

Monte Barret vs Shane Cameron

Let me go off by saying this, Monte should win this fight by either late KO or a UD. I'm not so worried about hometown judges because in his last two fights against Tua there, there wasn't any real shady judge movements. Monte may be old, but he's still way better than Cameron who's going along in years himself. He should be able to outbox Shane and take anything he can dish..... he was able to go 24 rounds with Tua while Cameron only lasted 1/12th of that.
    I hate to say it, but a worn out old boxer from NY is still better than the crop Kiwi-land has at that level.
    Vlaue's not that bad for a boxing match either, Barrett is at like -285

I'm calling it:

Barrett over Cameron

Boxing/MMA record 4-1-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-04-12 at 09:28 PM.

AraiWa
    One bet away

Cameron is only 34, that's not the same as a 41 year-old boxer who was never more than decent even at his peak. Cameron is garbage but being at home, pumped up, and after having sparred with David Haye, I think he's a live dog. I'm going small on Cameron, I got him at +225.

BTW - David Tua was unfit emotionally for one of those fights with Barrett. Also, if Tua can outbox Barrett, what does that say? To me it says that although Cameron lacks technical skills, he still has a decent shot. And to put money on Barrett at -285, unless it's in a parlay, is too dear for me. Especially knowing how Barrett is somewhere eratic (not that Cameron can't be).

AraiWa
    One bet away

Barrett just got KTFO in the 4th round by a big overhand right. Cash it in....

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by AraiWa View Post
    Barrett just got KTFO in the 4th round by a big overhand right. Cash it in....
    That surprised me.
    I know Tua was an emotional wreck with the divorce and all and being out of shape.... but Barrett should have been the better boxer. I guess that isn't the case since he's dead now.
    I don't want to hold weight into sparring, but if Cameron's sparring with David Haye helped him with this fight.... well damn.

Freaking death of a salesman

Evidently Tua announced his come back today too.... so either Cameron vs Tua or Barrett vs Tua.
    Also if tonight showed anything.... it showed that Cameron is still very hittable.... if Tua comes in at least in decent shape..... he'd take him again.

Boxing/MMA record 4-2-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-05-12 at 07:36 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Is he alive?!

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Is he alive?!
    I mean, I said he was dead in the manner he was freaking demolished with that right hand.
    He was down for a while though, it was pretty brutal.
    I think he's fine now.... i'll look for updates on him

AraiWa
    One bet away

He's fine. He was talking to the crowd after the fight.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by AraiWa View Post
    He's fine. He was talking to the crowd after the fight.
    I bounced after the KO, early morning disappointment is tiring, hahaha.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Khan decision? Smart play?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Khan decision? Smart play?
    Khan is definitely the play here... I don't know about decision or not though.
    Frankly, I don't know if this'll go under or over 9 1/2 rounds.
    Garcia, in my opinion, doesn't have the style to trouble Khan or even beat him. Yea he can catch Khan, but it won't have the same effect as Peterson or Maidana. Also, if he tries to pressure Khan, it won't be as effective.
    I was thinking decision since his last fight was a decision and the two prior could have gone to a decision (BS stoppage on McCloskey and Zab was trying to milk getting nut hit).
    Also, I should note that Khan's new S&C coach is making him more top heavy and doesn't like road work
    Khan will win this.... as for the manner and how long is still something I'm trying to figure out.
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-06-12 at 03:05 PM.
    Points Awarded:

TheCalculator gave hougigo 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    That surprised me.
    I know Tua was an emotional wreck with the divorce and all and being out of shape.... but Barrett should have been the better boxer. I guess that isn't the case since he's dead now.
    I don't want to hold weight into sparring, but if Cameron's sparring with David Haye helped him with this fight.... well damn.

Freaking death of a salesman
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3BrGfuCd-LI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Evidently Tua announced his come back today too.... so either Cameron vs Tua or Barrett vs Tua.
    Also if tonight showed anything.... it showed that Cameron is still very hittable.... if Tua comes in at least in decent shape..... he'd take him again.

Boxing/MMA record 4-2-0

Damn! Imagine that punch with 4 oz MMA gloves

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbrain View Post
    Damn! Imagine that punch with 4 oz MMA gloves
    I think he might have actually died... I mean... he walked right into it

hougigo

Taking a page out of Rattz book and dealing with what I have left after my deposit. This'll be fun, I call it the story of 11.74.
    So I'll be betting in small increments and working my way back up, so not betting 100 anymore.

First fight of the night is a nice HW battle between Magomed Abdusalam and Maurice Byarm.
    The over/under is at 7 1/2 right now..... and quite frankly, I'm leaning towards the under. Both men come forward and have heavy hands. Neither have beaten notable competition (Byarm lost by decision to Jennings, but evidently Jennings was content with outboxing instead of outslugging.... can't find vid though).
    I'm kind of either or, but I'm pretty sure tonight will end by KO. Magomed has never been past the 4th round and from what I've seen, he tires pretty fast. So if Magomed doesn't KO Byarm in 4, he might get tired and get KO'd himself.

Under 7 1/2 @ -180
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-06-12 at 10:53 PM.

1234 ... Last