neilflemmings
    neilflemmings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amir Khan vs. Danny Garcia, who would you think will win on 14th of July?

Support your statement of being agree or disagree with a reason

johnsonsandra87
    johnsonsandra87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I guess Amir Khan will win this fight, as he is stronger than Danny Garcia, if you look at the ESPN boxing rankings Amir Khan is on 3rd positions & Danny Garcia is on 9th. So in my point of view, Amir will win this fight.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Just because ESPN has them ranked this way doesn't mean it's a good idea to bet on one or the other. Garcia is on the way up and is a risky, but calculated challenge for Khan who wants to prove Peterson was a fluke. I do think Khan will win but if you're feeling froggy, a small play for Garcia might be worth it. If Breidis Prescott can starch Khan, albeit a few years ago and before Roach, then I dare say Garcia can take him out. I rather doubt this will happen but Garcia can fight. My pick would be the over 9 1/2 or fight to go the distance.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonsandra87 View Post
    Well, I guess Amir Khan will win this fight, as he is stronger than Danny Garcia, if you look at the ESPN boxing rankings Amir Khan is on 3rd positions & Danny Garcia is on 9th. So in my point of view, Amir will win this fight.
    Expert analysis there!

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I think I will choose Khan because he is the guy who is taller and smiles more.

His calves are bigger too and fighters with big calves rock!

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Khan should roll with handspeed. Garcia is game though and if Khan isn't focused it could be another like the Ortiz mega upset last week. For the state of boxing Khan better win and in impressive fashion because he's much more of a draw than Garcia.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    Garcia is game though and if Khan isn't focused it could be another like the Ortiz mega upset last week
    The discrepancy between Amir Khan/Garcia isn't even close to Ortiz/Lopez.

Garcia poses little threat to Khan stylistically. His chances revolve around Khan's conditioning.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Khan is the serious pick here.
    People who look back to last weeks upset shouldn't apply that here.
    Khan is going to blast Garcia and anybody who picks Garcia, I'm sorry for your loss.
    Ortiz always had mental problems and his willingness to win has always been questioned in tough fights.
    Maidana, Berto and Mayweather. He was almost KO'd in the six if he didn't put out that last effort and KD'd Berto. Plus Berto was gassing after the first round, Ortiz had his way with him while he was still trying to recoup.
    This match, it won't even be close.
    Garcia has looked crappy in his last two fights. I mean, an old Morales who was gifted the belt was giving him problems... come on now.
    Khan will be too fast for Garcia to even time and Khan should win by KO or wide UD. Only reason Peterson made the first one a fight was because of the relentless pressure. Khan has crap inside game and if you're up in his face, he's going to either clinch or push off. We seet this with Maidana, Peterson and Prescott making Khan do the chicken dance.
    Garcia doesn't do that, his style and his ability makes him no match up for Khan.
    The only thing you should be decisive about is what round he'll beat him in.

BluntTrauma
    BluntTrauma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Speed's the biggest factor in this fight IMO. Khan's hands are crazy fast and he'll be able to get in and out fairly easily against Garcia. Garcia hits hard and has a good chin but he's gonna look slow against Khan. there's always a puncher's chance that he tags Khan and gets the finish, but I don't see it happening. I think Khan beats him up for a wide UD based mostly on his speed.

I will say that both guys get sloppy as the fight goes on and anything can happen when you got two guys throwing wild shots in the pocket. Like I said, Garcia has power and Khan's chin is questionable, but I think he showed he can survive big shots from a guy like Maidana and won't wilt in a firefight against somebody like Peterson (despite whether you think he lost or not).

Not a huge Khan fan but I think he takes this

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Yeah this was a carefully selected matchup by Khan and one that's very favourable to him. He's a very credible opponent, undefeated, but I can't see any way he lives with Khans speed. I think he'll be a little conservative in this fight, because any chance Garcia has will be through landing some heavy shots and rocking him, he wont outbox him over 12 rounds unless Khan is hurting.

Khan by unanimous decision.