Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Idk gabe, I may just end up playing Franklin ITD and just forget this whole clusterfuck. I initially thought Franklin straight up, but after seeing that +340, I felt the need to take it. I regret it now, but these are all small plays

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Wandy +150

RMS
    RMS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Gotta go with Werdum, he's much better than Russow anywhere the fight goes.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Off topic, but I think Brendan Schaub needs to be at 205. Dude ain't gonna make it as a HW.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Off topic, but I think Brendan Schaub needs to be at 205. Dude ain't gonna make it as a HW.
    Would be a verrrry difficult cut I'd imagine. And he'd lose his speed advantage that he has at HW....moving to LHW isnt going to stop him from getting punched on the chin and his questionable chin/ability to take punishment...he needs to improve his stand-up defence more than anything

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Would be a verrrry difficult cut I'd imagine. And he'd lose his speed advantage that he has at HW....moving to LHW isnt going to stop him from getting punched on the chin and his questionable chin/ability to take punishment...he needs to improve his stand-up defence more than anything
    The guy's carrying 40-50 lbs of fat. He could easily drop 20 lbs of extra lard. And then cut 10-15.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    The guy's carrying 40-50 lbs of fat. He could easily drop 20 lbs of extra lard. And then cut 10-15.
    Maybe, but it's things like leg weight that are the issue...not easy to jus lose weight from your lower body, similar to why Pat Barry is in an awkward position...dude has huuuuge quads

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Maybe, but it's things like leg weight that are the issue...not easy to jus lose weight from your lower body, similar to why Pat Barry is in an awkward position...dude has huuuuge quads
    Agreed. Schaub is what? 6'4? Bones Jones is as well and is no where near as meaty as Schaub. Bones shouldn't even be able to make 205 but his legs are so small that he is able to cut the water and barely get there.

It isn't a good career move for Schaub and I doubt he could do it within reason.

everythingred
    everythingred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2665

Maybe this will help some people get some additional insight.

everythingred

From watching Werdum vs. Russow and from knowing the history, Werdum is once again focused on a fight with Junior Dos Santos and is disregarding Russow. It would appear as if he is doing the same thing he did when Dos Santos just entered the UFC. Wouldn't be completely surprised if there was an upset over the decisive favorite, Werdum.

Watching Franklin's last fight with Wanderlei, Wand had Rich shook and now that he is fighting at home could make this a night he wants to remember. The only thing stopping him is his chin. Rich knocked out the aging Chuck Lidell and could do the same thing here to an aging Wanderlei. The only thing stopping him is his long lay off which creates doubt over his cardio and ring rust, things that Wanderlei likes to exploit.

The way the odds are set up for this event, I think some people can win some serious cash. I'm excited.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Quote Originally Posted by everythingred View Post
    From watching Werdum vs. Russow and from knowing the history, Werdum is once again focused on a fight with Junior Dos Santos and is disregarding Russow. It would appear as if he is doing the same thing he did when Dos Santos just entered the UFC. Wouldn't be completely surprised if there was an upset over the decisive favorite, Werdum.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29248/ufc-...ig-rematch.mma

everythingred

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    Those are just words. When I'm reading this, it's just Dos Santos, Dos Santos, Cigano, Dos Santos.

No doubt, Werdum is a fantastic fighter, but I won't be surprised if he gets upset.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Fair enough... While I understand your point Russow has no where close to the tools that Dos Santos had against Werdum to engineer an upset. That being said I won't be laying -500 on pretty much anyone in a heavyweight fight.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

When people lose weight (not cutting weight) - it's always a combination of fat and muscle (unless the person is using anabolics). If Brendan starting running long distance he would lose some muscle mass along with the fat and make weight - no problem. A few years ago, I went from 235 to 174 in 14 weeks (crazy mistake).

All that being said -- I doubt he's going anywhere.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I think Russow has a legitimate chance of grinding out a decision... though, he could get robbed, even if he does do just that.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    When people lose weight (not cutting weight) - it's always a combination of fat and muscle (unless the person is using anabolics). If Brendan starting running long distance he would lose some muscle mass along with the fat and make weight - no problem. A few years ago, I went from 235 to 174 in 14 weeks (crazy mistake).

All that being said -- I doubt he's going anywhere.
    Schaub couldn't make LHW and remain an elite athlete. No way. Not to mention he's at HW because he's got good power and better speed, he just needs to work D and he'll be a very solid middle-man/fringe top 10'er.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Russow has a legitimate chance of grinding out a decision... though, he could get robbed, even if he does do just that.
    Agree...and agree with people questioning werdum and especially his overvalued line... Werdum is clear fav, but I wouldn't put him above -250, tops... Therefore I see great value on russow at +400 range and I'll put a small sprinkle on it out of value...

everythingred

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    Fair enough... While I understand your point Russow has no where close to the tools that Dos Santos had against Werdum to engineer an upset. That being said I won't be laying -500 on pretty much anyone in a heavyweight fight.
    Yea with those odds it makes it an easier decision to lay a bit on Russow if you have money to throw around. It would be cool to see a rematch of Werdum and Dos Santos though because we still haven't seen Junior on the ground. This guy is a monster.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Werdum is going to finish russow decisively.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Werdum is going to finish russow decisively.
    probably and he should... but I can't justify that line, that is ridiculous imo and wouldn't be surprised to see parlays get busted....

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Liking Bezerra tonight. He should be fine as long as he doesn't get subbed early on.

Hugo Viana under -200 probably worth a small play as well.
    Last edited by illmatick; 06-23-12 at 10:55 AM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Liking Bezerra tonight. He should be fine as long as he doesn't get subbed early on.

Hugo Viana under -200 probably worth a small play as well.
    i like bezerra too. -260 at 5D right now.

alcantara/dias goes the distance @ -160 looks good also.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

How can russow win? I just cant see it. Location is huge. Hioki looked way better in Japan then he has in the US. The brazilian home advantage is even more pronounced.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

How can russow win? I just cant see it. Location is huge. Hioki looked way better in Japan then he has in the US. The brazilian home advantage is even more pronounced.
    yes, but hioki had more to do with the travel and getting adjusted to time difference. not really the u.s. crowd imo.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

By connecting with Werdum's chin and clean-droppin' him, or grinding it out while avoiding subs.

Could totally see Russow winning... only thing scary is if he takes a decision but judges give it to Werdum.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

• Rich Frankin vs. Wanderlei Silva
    • Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira vs. Sergio "Serginho" Moraes ("TUF: Brazil" middleweight final)
    • Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira ("TUF: Brazil" featherweight final)
    • Mike Russow vs. Fabricio Werdum
    • Yuri Alcantara vs. Hacran Dias

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
    • Rodrigo Damm vs. Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros
    • Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo vs. Delson "Pe de Chumbo" Heleno
    • John "Macapa" Teixeira vs. Hugo "Wolverine" Viana
    • Leonardo "Macarrao" Mafra Teixeira vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
    • Marcos Vinicius "Vina" Borges Pancini vs. Wagner "Galeto" Campos
    • Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Vieira

my picks in bold

Imsmarterthanu

By connecting with Werdum's chin and clean-droppin' him, or grinding it out while avoiding subs.

Could totally see Russow winning... only thing scary is if he takes a decision but judges give it to Werdum.
    LOL at Russow droppiing Werdum, Werdum has one of the best chins in MMA

Werdum is gonna beat the shit out of Russow and gullotine his ass

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Shows some of post Guida/Maynard argument backstage...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

lol someone called guida a fa99ot

Imsmarterthanu

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol someone called guida a fa99ot
    ha Jason Guida the world's biggest bum gettin involved! Both of them are clowns

Ramsay Nijem and Swanson were pretty funny! Looks like Ebersole is gonna go ahead with cutting to 155

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Hedged Werdum inside the distance at -127 with Russow wins by decision at +700

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Man has no chin, he is just a journey person there, id like to see Struve try make the cut he would give Jones a fight. Related to weight cuts I think Evens should try do 185 he would be a beast there.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Man has no chin, he is just a journey person there, id like to see Struve try make the cut he would give Jones a fight. Related to weight cuts I think Evens should try do 185 he would be a beast there.
    No way tht Struve gets close to 205! Dude is a full 260 now..he's worked on thickening up over past year or two so even if he could get there he wouldnt want to. Evans tho could make 185...jus looking at him sat next to Munoz last night you wouldnt think that Rashad fights at a higher weight

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

u guys think franklin gets beat tonight in the main event?

First 12345 ... Last