JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Maynard inside the distance +175

Okay so statistically Gray Maynard doesn't look like a finisher because he hasn't finished anybody for 5 years and statistically Guida looks like a tough guy to stop. That being said Maynard +175 inside the distance really has me tempted. If Frankie Edgar wasn't the bionic man Maynard could have 2 finishes in his last 2 fights. Also Frankie has incredible head movement and Maynard hit him cleanly in both fights. Guida meanwhile has been picked apart on his feet by Florian and Sanchez and he seems to be easy to hit but does have a solid chin. Guida seems to have success when he can take guys down but he will not take Gray down so essentially this turns into a boxing match. I think in 5 rounds somewhere Maynard should connect and put Guida out.

Haven't put in the bet yet so I'm looking for opinions.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Guides chin has to fade eventually and he cuts
    might as well wait for ko

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Guida's chin is very solid man. Plus his cardio that is better than Maynard, if Maynard couldn't finish the fight in the first or second at most, i am sure it will be a decision.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

it's a solid enough bet!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guida will get smashed. I have Maynard straight, but I think this bet is likely to hit as well.

Jerseychi
    Jerseychi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

That's not a good bet at all. If Maynard even wins, it won't be a stoppage.

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guida is a tough caveman with an iron jaw.. he's also never been knocked out in his long career and fought some dangerous men. Not sure if I would put too much faith in gray the king of decisions maynard to miraculosuly break that trend.
    Last edited by fosho14; 06-15-12 at 01:40 AM.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

yall are acting like guida is going to be a punching bag for maynard to play with out there

maynard won't be able to keep up with guida's pace and face, seeing how maynard has recently become a standup striker he's main strength which is wrestling probably won't be used to it's full potential allowing guida to squeeze out a 5 round decision.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

not a good bet....i think there is a greater chance of guida finishing gray than gray finishing guida.

Over 5 rounds against someone with a great chin and great cardio Gray is by no means a lock and his line is way off.

Guida at +265 is a great line for clay over 5 rounds against someone who just come off a ko title fight loss.

Guida will use his irratic movement thing and will outlast and outwork gray imo. Gray may get the better of guida for the first couple of rounds but guida will be the one to outlast and in the later rounds outpoint gray.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    yall are acting like guida is going to be a punching bag for maynard to play with out there

maynard won't be able to keep up with guida's pace and face, seeing how maynard has recently become a standup striker he's main strength which is wrestling probably won't be used to it's full potential allowing guida to squeeze out a 5 round decision.
    Certainly possible

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Bad bet. Guida is unbreakable.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

I think Maynard will win by decision again. Though I am not betting on this fight.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Maynard by decision jumps out to me.

fosho14

I have maynard via decision
    Last edited by fosho14; 06-21-12 at 11:25 AM.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Just because Guida hasn't been TKO/KO'ed before, doesn't mean he isn't capable of being finished this time around. Guida hasn't faced a fighter who maches up stylistically with Gray. Gray has the wrestling to neutralize Guida's inferior wrestling. And, as we saw in his fights against Edgar, he has the ability to rock and finish fighters who rarely get finished. Maynard is developing into a more well-rounded fighter who isn't afraid to use to heavy hands and finish opponents. And as we have seen, Guida can get wild and leave himself open to strikes. This time, he won't have a back up plan in his wrestling to fall back on once he starts getting starched on the feet.

fosho14

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Just because Guida hasn't been TKO/KO'ed before, doesn't mean he isn't capable of being finished this time around. Guida hasn't faced a fighter who maches up stylistically with Gray. Gray has the wrestling to neutralize Guida's inferior wrestling. And, as we saw in his fights against Edgar, he has the ability to rock and finish fighters who rarely get finished. Maynard is developing into a more well-rounded fighter who isn't afraid to use to heavy hands and finish opponents. And as we have seen, Guida can get wild and leave himself open to strikes. This time, he won't have a back up plan in his wrestling to fall back on once he starts getting starched on the feet.
    we shall see. Maybe this is going to be a breakthrough turning point in gray's career. If he can stop guida I'll be thoroughly impressed. And you make a very solid argument.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by fosho14 View Post
    we shall see. Maybe this is going to be a breakthrough turning point in gray's career. If he can stop guida I'll be thoroughly impressed. And you make a very solid argument.
    Hell, I could see Guida winning this fight, which is why I probably won't play Maynard straight up and pay the juice, but I see some value here. Maynard by decision and Guida by decision just seem like the safe, obvious plays the same way Edgar by decision and Maynard by TKO was in their 3rd fight. Same thing for Chael by decision against Stann, the list goes on. I just hate to see people counting out a possible outcome to a fight just because it's not expected.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post

i can see Maynard looking real bad in parts of this fight. This has decision written all over it and i won't be leaving my money in the hands of the judges.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Guida meanwhile has been picked apart on his feet by Florian and Sanchez and he seems to be easy to hit but does have a solid chin.
    Watch his fight with Gomi again. Guida focused on head movement and looked like he was listening to Beyonce on headphones.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I don't think it wins but can't argue with +175 having some value in a 5 round fight. I'm not betting against Guida at the straight up price either.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like most have said, I see it very unlikey gray wins by stoppage or itd... Gray tko if that's better prop odds over gray itd imo... Maynard, like most fights, will prob see a decision and his most likely route to victory imo... Same with guida though, if you're playing guida I'd play him by decision .

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    I don't think it wins but can't argue with +175 having some value in a 5 round fight. I'm not betting against Guida at the straight up price either.
    This pretty much sums it up. The line just hit +180 much rather take that than Maynard at -335.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    The book wants you to believe that!