bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Very true gabe. I agree. Just let the Rich vs wand fight go now. Rich would probably win if they did the match again and again and again.. to bet wand was a stupid bet. Period.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Very true gabe. I agree. Just let the Rich vs wand fight go now. Rich would probably win if they did the match again and again and again.. to bet wand was a stupid bet. Period.
    Exactly. I've said it before, Rich Franklin has only been taking fights lately that he feels very confident he could win. He hasn't been challenging himself, really. Knowing that, it would have been crazy for me to bet against him. The only thing I regret is not throwing him in more parlays.

bjpenn85

I had Cezar, bezerra, and werdum. So many times the last month i have lost money by betting to much, and because of that i decided to just play safe this weekend and it payed of. Are you big on Anderson silva these days?

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Live betting lines are always terrible. I bet Carlos Condit over Nick Diaz at +500 after round 2, LOL! They were 1-1 in rounds at that point - +500 was f*cking INSANE!!
    I hit the +500 on Condit in that fight as well, although thought it was in the 4th. But, was also hammering Edgar at +400 going into 5th. The only problem with the live betting is I can't constrain myself enough, especially when i'm drinking. I know if I am patient, I can make good money betting live. But, I make some real shit plays sometimes, just cause I am degenerate. They can get away with the weak lines because of the incredible juice and the fact that betting live can really bring the degenerate in you out.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I hit the +500 on Condit in that fight as well, although thought it was in the 4th. But, was also hammering Edgar at +400 going into 5th. The only problem with the live betting is I can't constrain myself enough, especially when i'm drinking. I know if I am patient, I can make good money betting live. But, I make some real shit plays sometimes, just cause I am degenerate. They can get away with the weak lines because of the incredible juice and the fact that betting live can really bring the degenerate in you out.
    I hit Condit again later in the fight but it was only around +300, I believe. Don't remember what rounds it was in between, but I know it was sometime after the third. Easiest live betting bets ever.

When Edgar fought Henderson, I got him at +350 after the third round. I, like many, had him up 29-28 at that point. Unfortunately, this bet didn't win, but the line was still way off.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Exactly. I've said it before, Rich Franklin has only been taking fights lately that he feels very confident he could win. He hasn't been challenging himself, really. Knowing that, it would have been crazy for me to bet against him. The only thing I regret is not throwing him in more parlays.
    Rich hasn't been taking any fights lately and before last night lost 2 of his last 3.

bjpenn85

He didnt want to take the alexander gustaffsson fight. A good choice in my opinion.

Luca Fury

He didnt want to take the alexander gustaffsson fight. A good choice in my opinion.
    I was disappointed by that. The line would have been super close, but I was so confident in Gustafsson in that fight. Was going to be a great bet, but Rich was smart and avoided the matchup.

bjpenn85

Yeah that was a smart move from a smart man. Once again, i will have to thank you for the excellent job you do in the mma podcast. Its without a doubt the best prediction show in know of and my increasing bankroll after a really tuf last month are more or less because of the insight given in the show. A lot of times im on the same picks as you and nik but i just cant pull the trigger. The show often makes me more comfortable in a bet, or sometimes just not bet it at all. So keep on moving, and know that you're thoughts are very much appreciated.

Luca Fury

Yeah that was a smart move from a smart man. Once again, i will have to thank you for the excellent job you do in the mma podcast. Its without a doubt the best prediction show in know of and my increasing bankroll after a really tuf last month are more or less because of the insight given in the show. A lot of times im on the same picks as you and nik but i just cant pull the trigger. The show often makes me more comfortable in a bet, or sometimes just not bet it at all. So keep on moving, and know that you're thoughts are very much appreciated.
    Awesome, much appreciated. Very glad to hear this

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    I hereby resign from making any more videos following Wanderlei Silva's loss. Congratulations to DFC on getting his wish: no more Wanna Bet videos.

I do them for sheer entertainment as I'm passionate about MMA and find it a perfect avenue to express it. However, it's not been entertaining when it's more about the hate than about the love of the sport.

I am hereby retiring the video series with my backers ending up at even.

Dude, I honestly thought you gave a very solid breakdown of this fight. Rich was just the better man that night, no shame in that. Don't let all the haters get to you, it happens. Having the balls to continue to try and pick your plays carefully, and rebound is what matters. Anyways, GL to you with your future plays, and hopefully that won't be the last video we see from you.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Wand was soooooo close to finishing! But that was really his only shot. Can't really pick you apart for your breakdown. You made some good points.

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously the no brainer move is to put Dephaggo on block and keep posting the vids. No one cares what that creepy pedo-stalker has to say, he's like the muck at the bottom of the barrel that we just keep scraping off and discarding. There's so much waste that the wood has now rotted and it's time to just throw it out altogether by means of eternal block.

Gambling fury: mad props on another profitable weekend and keep those oddscasts comin. Been a great supplementary resource for me for much of the same reasons BJ mentioned earlier. Thanks again, your the man.
    Last edited by fosho14; 06-25-12 at 02:44 PM.

First ... 11121314