probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC banned in NY, it is in fact barbarian.

I love MMA, this is my favorate sport in fact. But I still think that there is no need to destroy the face of the athletes the way they are destroted nowdays. There is no need to become this sport in a blood feast and to have all the athletes with the caulliflower ear when most of the money is going the fertitas brothers ( each PPV event averages $30 million in revenue) and dana white (150 millions net worth) with not even one scratch in their faces.

Does any one here wants to see football/nhl player playing without the hemlet and the rest of the safety gear, or boxer without gloves. Is there any other sport where you can see so much blood in each event?

This is what I think:
    Elbows should be padded to avoid the sharp edge of the olecranum cutting through the skin as a knife.
    Ear safety gear should be mandatory to avoid cauliflour ears.
    Front kicks to the knee (like the one used by jon jones to rampage) to tear the knee posterior cruciate ligament should be banned.
    Fight should be stop as soon as the referee see the danger of killer KO, there is no point seeing some one like Brian Stan having to stop the fight himself because the referee was waiting for the killing. (an outside referee with a whistle coud be used as support to the referee inside)

I also believe that fighers who run a lot should be penalized for not engaging,( I do want action but not a bloody feast)

I know I should have said MMA but the UFC is the largest Mixed Martial Arts promotion company in the world.
    Last edited by probettor1; 06-08-12 at 10:10 AM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I tend to agree with all of your points but I think the refs do a good job. Its gotta be tough to know when to stop a fight, its alwaus either too early or too late but rarely ever perceived as just right. However I think they get it right the majority of the time.

These guys put their lives on hold to train for these fights and want to be given every chance to win the fight even if that means eating a few more blows while they try to recover or defend against the blows.

Imagine how bad it would suck to train as hard as they do for 12 - 16 weeks, blood sweat and tears only to have the referee stop it early and then fighter gets cut for losing. Tough situation.
    Points Awarded:

probettor1 gave The Kraken 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: probettor1

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

UFC=barbarian..

Its the other way around, UFC has made MMA soft...

The Kraken

Elbows are dangerous Mayan. Why pad hands but nothing else when elbows can actually do more damage?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

It's MMA kraken, UFC is soft as doo doo.... Nobody died in PRIDE... Bring back the soccer kicks and foot stomps..more elbows please..
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave King Mayan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Good points. I still think elbows should be padded but Im not in the ring either. I guess as long as the fighters are OK with unpadded elbows, who am I to say otherwise, theyre the ones assuming the risk.

probettor1

Thank you guys for your posts, I also believe that the elbow pad is the most important of all the ones I mentioned.

The other fact, about the referee getting an extra help, it is true that there are a few referees in the UFC who are extremely good doing their job like Herb Dean but some others are not as reliables. As long as they have not the experience they could have so back up. But you are right the bare elbow was my first point and the most important of them all.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

elbow pads won't work. you fuckin kidding me? ufc rules favor jiu jitsu guys already. putting pads on elbows will favor them even more. if they don't want elbows to the fuckin head, stand up and fight.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

elbow pads

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

That New York is playing moral nanny over MMA isn't really say much since in NYC they also banned cooking with trans-fat and Bloomberg is in the process of trying to ban sodas over 16 ounces in size...
    Last edited by LVHerbie; 06-08-12 at 01:12 PM.

The Kraken

Ive changed my mind, no elbow pads. Too hard to keep them in place. They should eliminate elbows and knees to the head altogether.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

stupid f*cking thread. MMA rules is how the fighters want them to be. They know the risks and the dangers and they do it because they love it. If you told them that they have to wear elbow pads, they would laugh at you

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Ive changed my mind, no elbow pads. Too hard to keep them in place. They should eliminate elbows and knees to the head altogether.
    why not just have boring ass jiu jitsu or wrestling matches then? people pay to see dudes get knocked the **** out, not to watch two dudes roll around like fags.

The Kraken

LVH,
    NY is just a testing ground for the US. I personally believe the gov't should tax the ever living hell out of sodas and cigarettes, to the its impractical to buy.

Diabetes, obesity and smoking are more likely to bankrupt medicare than any piss poor politician. That crap us starting to cost me even though Im not fat, dont smoke and am not diabetic. Bit now my prremiums are a hell of a lot higher because you choose to be fat and smoke. Do it on your own dime.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Elbows are dangerous Mayan. Why pad hands but nothing else when elbows can actually do more damage?
    You pad hands to protect the attacker's hands from breaking. Used to happen all the time in the old bare-knuckle days where they'd have tournaments, the winners would break their hands, and you'd end up having two alternates from the YMCA karate class fighting each other for the championship.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    You pad hands to protect the attacker's hands from breaking. Used to happen all the time in the old bare-knuckle days where they'd have tournaments, the winners would break their hands, and you'd end up having two alternates from the YMCA karate class fighting each other for the championship.

yeah people don't realize gloves are to protect the hands and not the other fighter's face.

The Kraken

Thats something i never considered.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

Yea this is common sense. Punching somebody with a bare hand is stupid

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    elbow pads won't work. you fuckin kidding me? ufc rules favor jiu jitsu guys already. putting pads on elbows will favor them even more. if they don't want elbows to the fuckin head, stand up and fight.
    Are you kidding? Jon Jones smashed evan face with a standing elbow.
    Jon Jones has brought the elbow strike to perfection, he just aim to the eye, standing, spinning or on the ground. If you see his fight vs brandon vera you will see that he tried to stick his olecranum into the eyeball of Vera. I think vera was blinded from that eye for a few seconds. It might cause the eyeball to burst.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    Are you kidding? Jon Jones smashed evan face with a standing elbow.
    Jon Jones has brought the elbow strike to perfection, he just aim to the eye, standing, spinning or on the ground. If you see his fight vs brandon vera you will see that he tried to stick his olecranum into the eyeball of Vera. I think vera was blinded from that eye for a few seconds. It might cause the eyeball to burst.

how many guys has jon jones knocked out with his elbows standing up? get real man. you have no point. you need to just watch jiu jitsu and wrestling. it seems mma is too violent for you...

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    stupid f*cking thread. MMA rules is how the fighters want them to be. They know the risks and the dangers and they do it because they love it. If you told them that they have to wear elbow pads, they would laugh at you

The fact that they like fighting does not mean that they are happy with all the rules, even though some of them can be. There was a time that stomping in the face and kicking the head on the ground were legal and people still were fighting, you can allow headbutting, stomping, breaking finger, or any other thing and many MMA athletes will keep fighting. You can have fights to death and many people will still fight. The question is this: Is is barbaric to have two human being cutting their faces open and bleeding all over for 25 minutes? Yes it is. Should it be allowed? I don't give a shit. But I do respect NY for banning it. If you re-open the arenas with the gladiators fights people will still fight to death. Every 40 seconds someone commit suicide and they do it for free. Throw in some money and you will see miracles.

probettor1

how many guys has jon jones knocked out with his elbows standing up? get real man. you have no point. you need to just watch jiu jitsu and wrestling. it seems mma is too violent for you...
    Did you see the spinning elbow vs Bonnar? That is a dangerous strike. You should try one.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I love MMA, this is my favorate sport in fact. But I still think that there is no need to destroy the face of the athletes the way they are destroted nowdays. There is no need to become this sport in a blood feast and to have all the athletes with the caulliflower ear when most of the money is going the fertitas brothers ( each PPV event averages $30 million in revenue) and dana white (150 millions net worth) with not even one scratch in their faces.

Does any one here wants to see football/nhl player playing without the hemlet and the rest of the safety gear, or boxer without gloves. Is there any other sport where you can see so much blood in each event?

This is what I think:
    Elbows should be padded to avoid the sharp edge of the olecranum cutting through the skin as a knife.
    Ear safety gear should be mandatory to avoid cauliflour ears.
    Front kicks to the knee (like the one used by jon jones to rampage) to tear the knee posterior cruciate ligament should be banned.
    Fight should be stop as soon as the referee see the danger of killer KO, there is no point seeing some one like Brian Stan having to stop the fight himself because the referee was waiting for the killing. (an outside referee with a whistle coud be used as support to the referee inside)

I also believe that fighers who run a lot should be penalized for not engaging,( I do want action but not a bloody feast)

I know I should have said MMA but the UFC is the largest Mixed Martial Arts promotion company in the world.

o my god my heart goes out to them, just so sad

probettor1

Some people have very sharps olecranums, a thin pad will prevent laceration but you still can KO with some padding. Probably as much as without padding. Boxing gloves have a lot of padding and people get KO as much as without gloves.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would expect a cage sport like that in some movie that shows the decadent lifestyle of some ruling fascist party elite.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    o my god my heart goes out to them, just so sad
    You are the guy with your 3 years old son carrying a rifle, "killing" americans in the avatar picture. I understand you, you need a lot of blood and violence to raise your child. A blood feast is perfect for people like you.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

my 3 year old?

So are you saying I can only afford a camera from 1988?

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

Barbaric. Now run along and bring me my tea please...be a sport and bring a lightly buttered well done scone too. Thank you my little barbarian.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by shooterman View Post
    Barbaric. Now run along and bring me my tea please...be a sport and bring a lightly buttered well done scone too. Thank you my little barbarian.
    And another barbarian in the thread. Who call him self a shooter man? Only some one dreaming to shoot people or who actually shoot people. Yes, the blood feast fit you well too.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Referees do stop the fight before a killer KO. When Kampmann kneed Ellenberger to the ground, the referee stopped the fight even though Ellenberger was still awake.

Pride fighting made elbows illegal for a reason. You have a better chance for elbows being illegal than getting elbow pads for the UFC.

probettor1

probettor1

Sorry, I sell MMA elbow pads. I hope you understand my point now.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave probettor1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Sorry, I sell MMA elbow pads. I hope you understand my point now.

Not sure if this is a joke. But, if not, you should speak to promoters who put on amautur muy thai fights. I believe that many do not allow elbows. But, if some do or you convince them to, you may have a client base. Start in New York, ironically, there is a lot of muy thai there.

And real reason MMA banned in NY (although most here probably know this)
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28590/big-...-boss-says.mma

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Not sure if this is a joke. But, if not, you should speak to promoters who put on amautur muy thai fights. I believe that many do not allow elbows. But, if some do or you convince them to, you may have a client base. Start in New York, ironically, there is a lot of muy thai there.

And real reason MMA banned in NY (although most here probably know this)
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28590/big-...-boss-says.mma
    That was a joke. This is a crazy world. Tryint to fix it is ever crazier. I can't take it too seriously.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

What a stupid thread. Elbow pads? Are you fukking kidding me?

12 Last