stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    The prodigy will lose. He has beat only 1 fighter at 170. There is nothing he has shown me that suggests he can beat someone who will train much harder than him, and be more skilled.
    i agree Rory prob trains harder than BJ and is stronger but you think Rory is more skilled?

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

At this point in their careers I'd definitely say Rory is more skilled. Sure BJ has a ton of natural talent and was way ahead of other lw‘s years ago.. but the talent pool has caught up. Rory is on the way up... BJ on the way out. Only edge I give BJ is his guard and flexibility on top of experience.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

BJs stand up is still better than almost anyone-and that's coming from the fighters themselves and from people like Freddy Roach who know their boxing etc. His jiu-jitsu is second to none. If(big if) Rory and BJ were same size and had the same strength, endurance etc. and it just came down to raw skill and technique BJ wins in a laugher

Jerseychi
    Jerseychi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

Too many people are counting Penn out. He is very dangerous, and has KO power.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

this is interesting. sounds like this is a one-off for bj. i wonder how motivated he will be.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/7/307...ment-fight-mma

I'm not thinking about any kind of title runs. I'm just coming back and doing this fight and I am pretty sure this is the last fight on my contract, I will have to go back and check again, but I think this is the last fight on my contract and I would like to finish out my contract, so.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

so they are saying that its unlikely jds/cain is going to be on ufc 152, which means the penn/macdonald fight might get main event status and therefore will be 5 rounds. this is just speculation on my part, i guess we'll see what happens.

the josh
    yes, im gay
    the josh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

if it changes to 5 rounds will it void all of my current bets on rory?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by the josh View Post
    if it changes to 5 rounds will it void all of my current bets on rory?
    sure would. this happened recently with the barnett/cormier fight. the books originally released it as a 3 round fight. when they corrected it to 5 rounds, they voided all the pending wagers.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

If you're going to play Rory straight up I would suggest hedging with Penn wins in 5st round. I'm having a very tough time seeing Penn winning by any other method other than that, especially in a 5 round fight.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Can aldo main event this?
    Mir vs werdum?

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    If you're going to play Rory straight up I would suggest hedging with Penn wins in 5st round..
    I think Penn could take it in the 1nd or 2th.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lol

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    If you're going to play Rory straight up I would suggest hedging with Penn wins in 5st round. I'm having a very tough time seeing Penn winning by any other method other than that, especially in a 5 round fight.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Of course I meant 1st round. Could see a Penn/Fitch type 1st round, but if Rory survives like Fitch did, he will settle himself and break Penn's will.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I hope Penn kicks his ass. I have always liked Penn.

But lets not kid ourselves into think BJ will come in shape or even motivated.

What is worse than an older, unmotivated BJ Penn at 170lbs? An older, unmotivated, semi-retired BJ Penn at 170lbs.

He has lost time on his layoff from the sport. It isn't like he "retired" and was still working hard in the gym each day. He was probably coaching some guys up and laying on the beach the rest of the day. He wasn't too into working hard and being fully prepared before....now he has time lost to make up for.

BJ Penn at WW in today's MMA is just wrong. He shouldn't be there.
    Even if Penn re-invented himself, trained his ass off everyday for a year, and took steroids, he would still get smashed by Rory Mac. I am fading BJ on this match up for sure. I cap Rory at -500.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can anyone think Penn has even a puncher's chance here??? He loses this matchup everytime. He can't win anywhere.. Rory will dominate on the ground and hold him there with his brilliant top control. BJ will not have a chance to use his stand up, as Rory will dictate where the fight goes, and when it goes there. I guess Penn has the advantage on the feet, but this will hit the mat early. Rory Mac, first round KO/TKO. This is a fight that BJ Penn simply cannot win.

First 12