Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

UFC on FX 4

I'm going to include Stout in a few parlays...but I would really like to hear everyone's thoughts on Swanson/Pearson...I'm leaning Pearson but I'm not sure if it's worth the juice.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

ross pearson is a lock for me

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Pearson is way over-valued, but I think he takes this one... I will probably do a write up or talk about it in a video.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Pearson is way over-valued, but I think he takes this one... I will probably do a write up or talk about it in a video.
    no he's valued just right it's a lock

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    no he's valued just right it's a lock
    do a write-up on the fight and sell me your POV.

Imsmarterthanu

do a write-up on the fight and sell me your POV.
    I'm not selling anything this is gambling, gambling is the devil's game of choice

All I know is that Pearson is the crisper striker, he has all around better striking than Swanson and a solid chin to go with it. There's no threat of getting taken down and there's very little chance swanson is going to pull off a sub. So it will stay on the feet and that's where Pearson will school swanson all day. A flash KO is unlikely as well, swanson has a punchers chance but it's a very small one since pearson has the technical know how and the chin to go with it to avoid any upset on the feet. As far as locks go those odds are very good.

For the other fights it's much more of a gamble, for instance Sam Stout at - 295 are you kidding me? he's going up against Spencer the king Fisher, the guy can spoil anyone's night at any moment. Or Gray Maynard at -321 going up against Clay Guida, one thing i've learned watching the lightweight division is you never count out Clay Guida, he can surprise a lot of people with his pace alone he could dance around Maynard all day if he wanted to.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I'm not selling anything this is gambling, gambling is the devil's game of choice

All I know is that Pearson is the crisper striker, he has all around better striking than Swanson and a solid chin to go with it. There's no threat of getting taken down and there's very little chance swanson is going to pull off a sub. So it will stay on the feet and that's where Pearson will school swanson all day. A flash KO is unlikely as well, swanson has a punchers chance but it's a very small one since pearson has the technical know how and the chin to go with it to avoid any upset on the feet. As far as locks go those odds are very good.

For the other fights it's much more of a gamble, for instance Sam Stout at - 295 are you kidding me? he's going up against Spencer the king Fisher, the guy can spoil anyone's night at any moment. Or Gray Maynard at -321 going up against Clay Guida, one thing i've learned watching the lightweight division is you never count out Clay Guida, he can surprise a lot of people with his pace alone he could dance around Maynard all day if he wanted to.
    respek.

Imsmarterthanu

respek.
    my life is now fulfilled

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

my life is now fulfilled
    i can respek that.

helpplease
    helpplease's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ross pearson lost a round to Andre winner and has lost a round to Spencer fisher back in UFC 127 .. he also got dropped and proceeded to get choked the fk out by Cole Miller and he lost a round to Junior Assuanco just saying

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by helpplease View Post
    Ross pearson lost a round to Andre winner and has lost a round to Spencer fisher back in UFC 127 .. he also got dropped and proceeded to get choked the fk out by Cole Miller and he lost a round to Junior Assuanco just saying
    Wow a fighter loses a round to top of the food chain strikers and gets choked out by one of the best bjj guys in the division and that's supposed to mean something against an opponent who isn't even in the same league

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Wow a fighter loses a round to top of the food chain strikers and gets choked out by one of the best bjj guys in the division and that's supposed to mean something against an opponent who isn't even in the same league
    i wouldn't call andre winner nor spencer fisher top of the food chain anything lol-- i think cub swanson would easily beat both.

i'm with pearson, though, just not sure how he is mentally and how his conditioning would be... getting a DUI is not a good sign for either of those... one thing i like about backing Pearson is that he trains with Dominick Cruz and Cruz knows Cub Swanson's game really well, and I feel he could really help Pearson beat him.

helpplease

lol he won the 1st round against Ricardo lamas and was destroying lamas standing in the 2nd round but got a bit too wild and got taken down and arm triangle choked .. he also absolutely destroyed George roop and had an epic back and forth war with Mackens Semerzier .. Cub Swanson has solid stand up .. he is by no means a gimmie fight for Ross Pearson

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

lol he won the 1st round against Ricardo lamas and was destroying lamas standing in the 2nd round but got a bit too wild and got taken down and arm triangle choked .. he also absolutely destroyed George roop and had an epic back and forth war with Mackens Semerzier .. Cub Swanson has solid stand up .. he is by no means a gimmie fight for Ross Pearson
    It's gonna be a war that goes to a decision.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah Im leaning towards Pearson winning a decision. But I think Swanson could surprise a few people here.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah Im leaning towards Pearson winning a decision. But I think Swanson could surprise a few people here.
    My feelings exactly.

Again, the reason I give the edge to Pearson is 'cos I'm sure Cruz is coaching him to beat Swanson, and I know Cruz knows Swanson's game really well.

And again, only thing that worries me about Pearson is his mental state... Is he in a good place? Is he 100% focused on winning this fight? If the answers to these questions is "yes," then I believe he wins... but the DUI makes me nervous...

Gonna have to wait til weigh-ins for this one before I pull any kind of trigger.

helpplease

My feelings exactly.

Again, the reason I give the edge to Pearson is 'cos I'm sure Cruz is coaching him to beat Swanson, and I know Cruz knows Swanson's game really well.

And again, only thing that worries me about Pearson is his mental state... Is he in a good place? Is he 100% focused on winning this fight? If the answers to these questions is "yes," then I believe he wins... but the DUI makes me nervous...

Gonna have to wait til weigh-ins for this one before I pull any kind of trigger.
    cruz is not fighting Swanson what does he have to do with this ?! besides I've only seen Ross pearson always fight the same way .. never seen him fight any different other way other then come forward and throw a leg kick and maybe a few punches .. Cub swanson moves forward too and throws a lot of leg kicks and a lot of strikes too .. and he has KO power in his strikes .. I've never seen cub swanson lose the stand up in any of his fight with the exception of Jose Aldo .

Cub swanson also has the advantage in the clinch and in submissions .

this could turn out to be another fight like Dennis Siver vs Diego nunes .. while I don't think it would be that close I think Cub Swanson will win this fight .. I've done a lot of research and If there is a finish I think it will most def be by Cub Swanson

P.S : u should get on tapology Gabe .. http://www.tapology.com/profiles/jesuseatsnubs
    Last edited by helpplease; 06-05-12 at 02:36 AM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Siver was a lock against Nunes. It was money in the bank ever since the fight was first announced. This fight, however, is not nearly as easy to predict. But I feel most likely, Ross Pearson will win a close decision.

Pearson trains with Cruz and Cruz is very familiar with Cub.

I would not be surprised if Cub wins, so if you think he's got a good chance, then you should be pounding the current line... I think he's got a decent chance, but my gut won't let me play him. I just feel like Pearson, if mentally prepared- will find a way to win this.

helpplease

Siver was a lock against Nunes. It was money in the bank ever since the fight was first announced. This fight, however, is not nearly as easy to predict. But I feel most likely, Ross Pearson will win a close decision.

Pearson trains with Cruz and Cruz is very familiar with Cub.

I would not be surprised if Cub wins, so if you think he's got a good chance, then you should be pounding the current line... I think he's got a decent chance, but my gut won't let me play him. I just feel like Pearson, if mentally prepared- will find a way to win this.
    Siver was a lock against nunes ?! lol come on m8 that fight was so close that a punch or a kick more from either guy could of stole the round for them and the decision could of went 29-28 the other way very easily .

also I already hammered the line at Pinnacle when it was at +210 +206 +205 and +199 just waiting for the limits to increase before I bet anymore lol

Cruz can be very fimilar with Cub but Pearson is Pearson and he has always had his own style in every fight I've seen of him don't think it's gonna change this time around and I am very confident swanson is gonna win dis .. bout time he gets on a winning streak

Imsmarterthanu

i wouldn't call andre winner nor spencer fisher top of the food chain anything lol-- i think cub swanson would easily beat both.
    No he wouldn't.

You are in the twilight zone if you think cub swanson could beat spencer fisher

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

You are thinking way too highly of Spencer, smarter. The guy is way out of his prime and could be a only a couple fights away from retirement. He still seems to enjoy training, fighting, getting paychecks, even at this age, but I dont even consider him a gatekeeper anymore.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

No he wouldn't.

You are in the twilight zone if you think cub swanson could beat spencer fisher
    Spencer Fisher is one fight away from retiring brah, I wouldnt be so confident in him beating anybody in UFC right now...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Siver was a lock against nunes ?! lol come on m8 that fight was so close that a punch or a kick more from either guy could of stole the round for them and the decision could of went 29-28 the other way very easily .

also I already hammered the line at Pinnacle when it was at +210 +206 +205 and +199 just waiting for the limits to increase before I bet anymore lol

Cruz can be very fimilar with Cub but Pearson is Pearson and he has always had his own style in every fight I've seen of him don't think it's gonna change this time around and I am very confident swanson is gonna win dis .. bout time he gets on a winning streak
    I don't think Siver vs Nunes was close at all. I felt Siver would win that fight without a problem when it was first announced, and he did just that. Cruised his way to a decision. At no point throughout that fight was I worried he would lose. Nunes wasn't able to do anything to him.

I felt he would win for sure, and was never worried about him losing during the fight. That means it wasn't very close. I usually panic when I've got money on a close fight, this wasn't wasn't one of those cases.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Spencer Fisher is one fight away from retiring brah, I wouldnt be so confident in him beating anybody in UFC right now...
    lol he's "smarterthanus" i'm sure he knows something we don't

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I agree. Despite my Sam Stout nut hugging, this seems like a 'favor' to Fisher for being a company man from the UFC. He loses on a prelim to chinless Tavares then gets a co main spot. Seems like UFC wants to reward Fisher with some money and better sponsorship opportunities.

Fisher is 1-4 in his last 5.
    He beat Pearson in Round 1 then slowed down drastically.
    Many people had him beating Siver ( i think Junkie did too) but once again it was close.

I am playing Stout straight up. I was drunk when I made the bet. I said it on here somewhere. But Stout should win this. Fisher has been in 'alot of wars' and has 'alot of scar tissue' which has me thinking that Stout could win by KO (cuts, or stoppage) However, Stout too is slowing down in my opinion. His combinations looked rather slower against Tavares.

Interesting(aka useless) Stat: Fisher has not beaten an active UFC fighter since Jeremy Stephens in 2008, a person who "out struck" Stout.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Fisher is getting old and is out of his prime.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

MAIN CARD (FX)
    • Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard
    • Spencer Fisher vs. Sam Stout
    • Brian Ebersole vs. T.J. Waldburger
    • Ross Pearson vs. Cub Swanson

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)
    • Hatsu Hioki vs. Ricardo Lamas
    • C.J. Keith vs. Ramsey Nijem
    • Joey Gambino vs. Steven Siler
    • Matt Brown vs. Luis Ramos
    • Chis Camozzi vs. Nick Catone
    • Ricardo Funch vs. Dan Miller
    • Francisco Rivera vs. Ken Stone
    • Brock Jardine vs. Rick Story

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

This is the card I've been waiting for for a while...kind of dreading it because I know I'm going to be on a couple of big favorites and bounds to go up like last night!

Beelzebubzy

This is the card I've been waiting for for a while...kind of dreading it because I know I'm going to be on a couple of big favorites and bounds to go up like last night!
    Nunya, what are teh odds using equlibrium and aubergers that V has two crazy bad nights in a row

My Dumb ass calcuated +872.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I'd be all over tht bet...if not for conflict of interest!

Beelzebubzy

My big play is Waldburger Not by KO

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, I gottta a play I'll being going VERYYYYYY large on in this one... Hope to get a decent line by the time it gets on my book, gonna keep my mouth shut till then. I got a weird feeling we're thinking about the same dude...

BUt then again, I've also had bad luck with my 'confident' favs as of late, so hopefulyl this one changes my momentum for the better!!

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Fisher is ridiculously shop worn. I'll bet any decent lightweight over him.

Pearson should win, but his chin is a bit concerning. Cole Miller dropped him and hurt him bad with one punch.

Gray is better than Guida in every area except useless movement. Gray should win there.

Rick Story is pretty much a lock on the prelims.

Fransico Rivera should KO Ken Stone in a round or two.

The last few cards have been good for straight bets on guys with value, but UFC on FX 4 seems like a good card for parlaying moderate-to-large favorites.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    My big play is Waldburger Not by KO
    This made me LOL! Funny stuff.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Yep, I gottta a play I'll being going VERYYYYYY large on in this one... Hope to get a decent line by the time it gets on my book, gonna keep my mouth shut till then. I got a weird feeling we're thinking about the same dude...

BUt then again, I've also had bad luck with my 'confident' favs as of late, so hopefulyl this one changes my momentum for the better!!
    PM me it duuude...Im tooooooooo excited!!

1234 ... Last